Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming What Is The WORST Gaming Company?

Black Licorice

EA, Microsoft, and Activision because, they know that they take risky chances at making money but they are so blind to the fact that the games that they produce aren't exactly a good vision but they don't care as long as they earn money.

• Brohoof 2

CapCom.

They're holding all their excellent IPs behind the desk and insistently releasing Street Fighter remake after bloody Street Fighter remake.

They've refused to take any and all fan feedback into account, leading to the cancellations of two well-anticipated Mega Man games.

They are futilely clinging to the idea that DLC and phone games are the way of the future, when those very things are viewed as plagues on the gaming industry.

They recently released their next five-year plan, which shows they have no intention of changing their ways.

Their only redeeming quality is that they should be dying soon, and then all their brilliant IPs can go off to someone who will treat them right.  If only I could organize a formal boycott to drive the coffin nail in faster.

• Brohoof 1

CapCom.

They're holding all their excellent IPs behind the desk and insistently releasing Street Fighter remake after bloody Street Fighter remake.

To be fair, those are updates, just like the days of old except much cheaper. They've supported that game for 5+ years; isn't that the sort of thing everyone was hoping for when the concept of DLC was first introduced? Say what you want about their other IPs, but Street Fighter is the one IP they are handling right. 

Forgive me for assuming, but I get the feel that you don't like fighting games very much...

On topic: I guess EA just because of the online passes, though I think they stopped that a little while ago, so... I don't know; no one really sticks out to me at the moment.

• Brohoof 1

Choo-choo!  All aboard the topic derailment express!

To be fair, those are updates, just like the days of old except much cheaper. They've supported that game for 5+ years; isn't that the sort of thing everyone was hoping for when the concept of DLC was first introduced? Say what you want about their other IPs, but Street Fighter is the one IP they are handling right.

Forgive me for assuming, but I get the feel that you don't like fighting games very much...

It is true that I am part of the horde of irate Mega Man fans; and it is true that I am not very fond of most fighting games, so even if they were handling Street Fighter well (And didn't that new one Street Fighter IV 3D completely break the skill needed to play the game with those custom input commands?), I'd be the last one to know.

I will say that I do like the concept of the fighting game genre; I've played a couple unorthodox fighting games from the Naruto fighter series, multiple rounds of Soul Calibur with a friend, and famous indie fighting game, Skullgirls (And, believe you me, I love Skullgirls to bits).  However, Street Fighter has always seemed really daunting to me, due to its ridiculously complex system in addition to its ridiculously skilled and incredibly newb-unfriendly player base.  If I did pick up a Street Fighter game, I would try to play online, get absolutely and completely destroyed, and lick my wounds in the single-player story mode (Which has a terrible plotline).

Enlighten me, however, on how buying a new $40 game is cheaper than DLC.  I haven't been keeping up with the price tags, but I would expect a good DLC (And I mean a really good one, which I'm not sure CapCom can deliver there) to be ~$10-$20.

Edited by CHAOS_FANTAZY

CAPCOM!!! Freaking localize Ace Attorney Investigations 2 in english already! :angry:

Ok... lets not let our personal biases get into this (although they are still pretty crappy.) I'm going to go with King, the company behind Candy Crush and some other mobile games that abuse micro transactions for profit. This is already disgusting enough to me as a business tactic, but they also recently obtained the trademark to the words "Candy" and "Saga" in the context of a video game. They are actually going after apps in various app stores that use those words in their name. Seriously, wtf?

Edited by Celtore
  • Brohoof 1

Enlighten me, however, on how buying a new $40 game is cheaper than DLC.  I haven't been keeping up with the price tags, but I would expect a good DLC (And I mean a really good one, which I'm not sure CapCom can deliver there) to be ~$10-$20.

If you already had the game, you can update for, like, $15. That buys you 3 new characters and bunch of updated gameplay mechanics. Sounds like a fair price. Even if you skipped straight to the newest game, you'd be getting the latest version at a below standard price which is nice compared to every other new console game you'll find on the shelf (save a super niche few).

You could say fighting games in general are niche, but their fans are a dedicated bunch. You put an update like this out for 15 bucks and they'll eat it up every time. And just so we're clear, when I called you out for not liking fighting games, I didn't really mean it in a condescending way, I just got the impression you didn't care for it and that's why you kind of just wrote Street Fighter off like that.

Of course the core gameplay of Call of Duty is the same every year; it is what makes COD COD. If COD gameplay style is something you don't like, that's not a problem with the game; it's just that COD is not your preference. I think I would rather have the same game every year (though I think that statement in many cases is exaggerated) than completely different games every year.

As much as I am tired of the idea of the glorious heroic Americans saving the world from the filthy evil Russians (though being slowly replaced by China and Latin American it seems), I personally found that the campaign in Call of Duty games have generally been quite well done (except Ghosts which I found the campaign to be poorly executed); my personal favourites being World At War and Black Ops II. It's quite obvious that realism isn't a priority in Call of Duty, but again that isn't a flaw, it's just their style and it has proven to be quite popular. I don't understand the mindset of unrealistic=bad.

I didnt think like that, i would hate MC but i enjoy it. I only care if it gives me fun thats why i said all those. CoD and BF is entertaining but people actually get bored after 1 weeks but they need to deal with it because they gave it a high ammount of money. They start to understand that is getting old but its the logic of it thats how marketing works they put different things on trailer. They show random parts of story that dont even show whats the deal whats happening but when you buyed, they get the money and its too late,money is already on their hands.

Edited by Twilightlicous

EA for publisher, and they've been actually voted the worst for abt 3 years now no less!

developer wise... hmm so many bad ones.. but of the ones that worked on AAA game licenses.. I'd go with Grin for their work on Ghost Recon AW for the PC.. that shambling mess was just horrid...

On the smaller front.. whoever it was that "made" (can't really use that term.. it wasn't even finished!) Dungeon Lords.

That game was.. ugh.. so many unfinished things.

You could literally open doors and walk out of the world! Not a bug BTW, the levels were just unfinished!

• Brohoof 1

ea did good with their older games and fifa 11, but after that i feel fifa has just gotten shit, in fifa 14 the referees are so bad and sometimes makes it unplayable, activsion arent that great anymore. cod was doing well up to mw2, i feel after mw2 it just went downhill, black ops was an alright game but the campaign made no sense and the multiplayer was quite bad, which left the zombies to pick up the pieces. mw3 had a great campaign with ok spec ops and try hard multiplayer. i feel there is so much wrong with black ops 2 that im just not gonna say whats wrong with it. finally ghosts had a good campaign, extinction is quite shit, and the multiplayer is full of campers. fifa should just stop right now so they can make a decent, non-repetitive game, and cod should stop as well cause its the same shit every year now. for some reason most of us still buy into the "its even better than the last one" routine, i wont be bought into it this year. 

Ubisoft. I mean the games are fine but they have that whole create an account thing to even play the games. I think its called uplay. Also I bought AC2 from target and when I downloaded it it said I had to enter a product key. It didn't come with a product key. They just do unnecessary crap that pisses a lot of people off.

EA for obvious reasons

And currently present-day Capcom, it's amazing how such a formerly great company can screw up so horrifically. Every time they post their latest woes they keep saying that the only way to improve is to put more effort into DLC and mobile games. You know, the same things that got them in that state in the first place

It's amazing how a company that brought us Mega Man, Resident Evil, Phoenix Wright, the Legend of Zelda Oracle games, Street Fighter, etc. has devolved into... this.

Oh, how the mighty have fallen.

• Brohoof 2

I feel like Square Enix is focusing mostly on Final Fantasy instead of their other projects. To tell the truth Final Fantasy has gotten annoying play ever since XIII. It was easy but it was odd knowing that you don't got many chocies for attacks unless you spend hours on leveling up a prardigim shift. Then they did some QTE with XIII-2 which makes me think they are not putting their all and not doing what they used to. Hopefully that changes with Lightings Return, FFXV, and Kingdom Hearts 3

EA...well just about what everyone is saying: They are horrible

• Brohoof 1

fdfdsa fd d asd adf  23r2r r2

Edited by plzremoveaccountfdfd

I really do not like EA. Although I do say this pretty much solely from their treatment of The Sims franchise.

I'm not going to pretend that The Sims wasn't a little bit milked back when it was more under Maxis's control. In fact, that's exactly the problem: EA took control of an already somewhat-milked series (which by The Sims 2 already had the unnecessary Stuff Packs on top of the Expansion Packs that were an idea from the beginning) and somehow milked it even more dry.

There are things that I love about The Sims 3, but the treatment of the dispersing of the content was an absolute disaster. Expansion Packs rose up $10 in price, but did the quality of the product? No, not at all. Maybe one or two EPs could claim to be better than their predecessor (namely Pets), but then you had other EPs which's content were more typical of a Stuff Pack. The Stuff Packs got smaller, as well by the way. Only to feed into the monster The Sims 3 Store, which... Well don't get me started. Stuff Packs were already too much, but the Store killed it.

It may or may not have been successful for EA, but either way it is ultimately a very cringeworthy technique of gauging every last penny of the Sims userbase.

Sadly, from what I saw, they did eat it up. *sigh*

• Brohoof 2

@,

you're like the one guy who doesn't like the games

also the company you're thinking of is Bungee

also also Halo 4 was made by 434 studios.

also also also I only dislike ODST. 

post-16621-0-09436000-1390941822_thumb.jpg

Have a wonderful day good sir... 

Edited by ~Spitfire~