Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming What Is The WORST Gaming Company?

Black Licorice

Why has no one mentioned Bethesda? They ruined Elder Scrolls Online, demolished Fallout 76, and milk Skyrim to death with their "special" and "anniversary" editions! :Cozy:

I do agree with many here though that EA is the worst gaming company, it's just that Bethesda isn't really that good either.

(edited)

Microsoft for buying a company that happen to have Spyro. Spyro once a Playstation mascot, no a Xbox only? Hope some company or Sony bought Spyro game off Microsoft/Xbox. Can't get their own games so they nick Playstation's. Make some Playstation games play on Xbox only.

Bet EA, worst cos heard they disrepect their fans.

Edited by Sunny Man and Izzy Man
  • Brohoof 1

• 3 weeks later...

Rockstar Games became the worst of the worst, which makes EA look like saints, and EA are nowhere close to being the good guys themselves. The fact that they have the audacity to keep milking GTA Online while deliberately neglecting Red Dead Redemption 2 and Red Dead Online, shows that they've been caring more about money than their community, and its just mortifying. Furthermore, GTA Online is a complete dumpster fire on PC and Rockstar Games themselves look the other way by deliberately overpricing each and every content that's not even worthy of being free. Like, a regular car costs around $1-$2 million dollars with mediocre performance? That's basically a blatant ripoff. It just reeks of corporate greed, and it shows, given Rockstar's inability to provide better security for their 9-year old game.

I'd explain more, but that'd be too much for me to spout it out. Rockstar Games can go drown themselves in their own money, and I hope they're hit with a massive lawsuit that'll mean the end of Rockstar Games.

• Brohoof 1

The gaming market has changed significantly, which means that somehow EA isn't even the worst anymore (but I just wait for when they decide to fight for that title again). 

I think Activision Blizzard deserves its own spot due to serious mistreatment their employees have to deal with. Bobby Kotick once again proves that allowing chart and business oriented individuals with questionable moral compass and with no passion for gaming into the industry is a serious mistake that will ultimately be detrimental in quality of entertainment we receive.

Now, I am the customer, so allow me to present current placeholder for the worst gaming company, judging solely by quality of released products. 

UBISOFT

Unusual pick due to obvious villains, but let me explain why I choose Ubisoft.

Their games became copy pastes. Far Cry 3 was a very fun game, but nobody imagined that from that point on Ubisoft will just release remakes of Far Cry 3 with different textures slapped on top of it, same, repeatable and tedious open world activities, filled to the brim with meaningless chores that give flashbacks to completionists. Don't get me wrong. I enjoyed Assassins Creed: Origins a lot (as a fanboy of Ancient Egypt, I am biased here). I was excited for Odyssey, but the game is... too.freaking.big. And it has other minor issues that made the enjoyment diminish quickly, which really hurts, because design wise it was a flawless game! Then there's Valhalla - another game with flawless world design, but dangit, once again the game is far too big with repeatable activity that serves no point at all other than to scratch another part of the map as "cleared". It's all Far Cry 3 over and over, only this time on much bigger map making those activities tedious. I hope someone will wake Ubisoft up from this ridiculous nightmare, because game-design wise what they do is beyond lazy. And it hurts, because they can do really quality games, I still remember my sheer enjoyment when playing Black Flag and even that game had repeatable mechanics. Only there these actually worked! 

Their "sin" isn't even that they release buggy games. Their sin is that they have little respect for player's time, making games artificially big (while offering no content justifying it), doing the same thing over and over in each and every one of them and obviously relying on speed of production, not quality or diversity of released products.

There's also their mania with microtransactions, which was particulary annoying in Odyssey. I won't give it more spotlight than it deserves and microtransactions in fully priced AAA games are a joke to me, even cosmetics as they often make skins in the game look ugly to literally blackmail You into buying those cool looking cosmetic items.

And of course, I would've never skipped it. The NFT. I have to say, I've seen fair share of sheer ignorance and denial in my life, but how Ubisoft INSISTED that their Ubisoft Quartz service is the best thing ever was both hilarious and sad. I am only glad that they made clowns of themselves before other companies tried excessively using the same system. Before that I actually dreaded the future where You can buy super OP annihilating weapon for Your AAAA video game for a low price of Your soul as it was painfully clear that companies like EA were already drooling, imagining how many $$$ can they make off it.

So overall, in my book - Ubisoft takes the cake.

• Brohoof 1

I think I am going to go with Nintendo, especially in the early 90s with their "Gameboy Tetris" scheme that is still a thing today (named the Tetris Company)

• Brohoof 1

2 hours ago, Splashee said:

I think I am going to go with Nintendo, especially in the early 90s with their "Gameboy Tetris" scheme that is still a thing today (named the Tetris Company)

Eh, Nintendo has issues but they're still nowhere near as bad as Activision, Take Two, Konami, EA The worst thing they do is spit on fans. The others do that on top of abusing their own employees, as well as just ruining franchises and being insanely greedy.

• Brohoof 3

I'd honestly say Blizzard. They're pretty much the definition of a greedy selfish company that is only looking to make money. Most decisions they make are beyond backwards and lets not even get started on the recent controversy that's been happening. 

• Brohoof 4

• 2 weeks later...

Oh easily 100% Activision/Blizzard. They're a cash cow with really bad business practice. I don't support a lot of their games. I can't wait until Microsoft buys them up.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Allow me to conjure up my personal list:

• Rockstar Games - Oh how the mighty hath fallen. With many of its employees and other important people having left the company, their reputation became more and more negative. They earned billions in profits in a cash cow game that is Grand Theft Auto Online while deliberately abandoning Red Dead Online, along with Red Dead Redemption 2, which shows how tone deaf they are as a multi-billion dollar gaming company. Along with their lack of response to their own fans which also includes deliberately ignoring their responses, they even had the audacity to release GTA Trilogy Definitive Edition by hiring a developer that has shoddy reputation in their disastrous Xbox 360 release of GTA San Andreas, instead of Rockstar North, which shows that Rockstar Games are total cheapskates, and it also stems from underpaying voice actors as well, just so that Rockstar Games get the credit for themselves. As for GTA Online itself? It's not only a cash cow, but a total dumpster fire that just keeps on burning, but then you have the mindless fanboys that will just continue to defend Rockstar Games, even though they're clearly being taken advantage of and played for fools. Not really looking forward for their newest game if it just ends up becoming a cash cow, especially with their obvious neglect to their past games that were also successful. But of course, money matters more than their fans. Shame on you, Rockstar Games. Keep living in that little denial hole you keep digging yourselves in.
  • Electronic Arts - Basically that one gaming company that detests single player-only games who also glorify in making their games to be pay-to-win, just to piss everyone off because they can. And they're also the trolls of a gaming company; they feed on the hate and make up excuses just to spite their own consumers, and having a "sense of pride and accomplishment" with them, just to twist the knife. And The Sims 4 is a massive cash cow with their DLCs being massively overpriced that makes pirating their game completely tolerable, just to bypass their obvious paywall disguised as major contents. It's really ironic because The Sims 4 is a single player-only game yet it's being milked like with GTA Online, all because they make new content at absurd prices. And they discount their DLCs, but they half-ass it instead because you know, money. And if it wasn't bad enough, EA has been repeatedly scrutinized even by governments worldwide. Why hasn't EA been faced with felony charges is beyond me. Their evidences regarding poor workplaces, along with blatantly including gambling mechanics in their games for children to unknowingly spend thousands of money in (even if its just "cosmetics"), is 100% obvious. Is EA bribing law enforcement and governments just so they can turn a blind eye? I can only hope EA faces yet another lawsuit they can't buy themselves out of, because they're clearly breaking the law by bribing officials.
  • Konami - A clear case of being one of the most hated gaming companies because let's face it, microtransactions are a great way to earn money while deliberately destroying their own franchises. And after banning Hideo Kojima back in 2015, Konami clearly tarnished their reputation in infamy, and to add insult to injury, their deliberately ditched Pro Evolution soccer for "eFootball" (who came up with that name anyway?), which gained nothing but hate, with broken gameplay and, you guessed it, microtransactions. They clearly give othergaming companies in Japan a bad name, and they should be ashamed of themselves.
  • Activision (and Blizzard Entertainment) - Yeah, Activision's obsession with Call of Duty is gonna be their eventual downfall... but then you have the fanboys that will vehemently defend it, even though they're clearly aware that Activision has been destroying their own reputation. But then there's Microsoft who wants to buy out Activision. Bad move, Microsoft. Activision is the embodiment of a living parasite, and Blizzard Entertainment is no different. Blizzard basically gained a lot of notoriety after banning BlitzChung, and the fact that they're still around amazes me, especially given their incredibly shady nature in overworking their employees. The real kicker is making their newest Diablo games mobile only, which is stupid in itself. And Wyatt Cheng deserves to be ridiculed for that. But wait! Their newest game has so much pay-to-lose mechanics (yes, pay-to-lose, not pay to-win) by deliberately rigging their own gambling system just for Activision-Blizzard to swim in money, knowing that their get-rich-quick scheme was successful. If governments weren't so lenient, Activision-Blizzard would be done for.
  • Ubisoft - Like EA, they're haters to single player-only games, and will gladly make their games a live service, just because they can, and they don't give a flip to what others think in regards to live services. And if you have no internet, then that means you can't play their games that you legally bought. It shows how little Ubisoft cares and will gladly ignore any and all complaints from their own consumers, so long as money is raking in.

From the way things have been going lately, SEGA appears to going that way with what I've heard from the questionable and faulty "restoration abilities" they put forth:okiedokieloki: to the classic Sonic the Hedgehog titles packed into Sonic Origins:unsure:  Cutting corners and glitches being present just to roll out a shiny product.  Sonic 2006 and Sonic the Hedgehog Genesis for GBA much?  And this Sonic Frontiers title doesn't give me:scoots: much optimism.  Sonic CD suffers heavily:awed: to not being available alone anymore because it was the only game that had the impressive looking Steam achievement thumbnails.  There would be a ribbon symbol on the player's page if you got all of them:worry:  

• 1 month later...

Blizzard and the sad part is, they aren't done having their way with me, I don't know how some of these men sleep at night selling 50 dollar mount skins, but that hardly begins to cover the reason of their disgusting antics and NOW they are going to not only rape us fans but also dragons, yes, now they are bringing dragons into this, and I'm going to pay for it... Bc that is how they roll, and it's like if you play world of warcraft, WAIT if you aren't a seasoned or serious player or don't have the extra money to give 50 dollars in cash for absolute trash when they basically end up giving the content to others for free if they wait... I've bought every expansion it's kind of silly thinking about it, how much money I put into it

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...