Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Boy Bullied for Being a Brony Attempts to Take Own Life

ReverseFaller

In case you haven't read this Equestria Daily article yet, you can check it out here.

http://www.equestriadaily.com/2014/01/michael-morones-recovery-fund.html

So to sum it up, some kid got bulled because he was a brony and tried to take his own life. He suffered some damage, but thankfully he's still alive. His parents would be very appreciative if the fandom helped pay for some of the medical bills for their son.

I think it's fucking disgusting that we live in a world where kids will be bullied to the point of suicide simply for watching a show.

I'll be sending Michael's family some money, and I hope that anybody else who can sends him a few bucks as well.

Anyways, Michael will be in both my thoughts and prayers. I hope the best for his family.

Edited by Mikami
  • Brohoof 40

This is disgusting.  And I thank you dearly for sharing this so that many more may see it.

But the fact that this solitary child wanted to die isn't what concerns me the most.

What I'm more saddened by, is the fact that this type of shit happens every day.

Everybody claims to be doing something, but there has been no improvement.

I'll see if I can get my hands on a paypal, and I hope everyone else does the same.

• Brohoof 6

I don't have much money.

Fucking hell guys. That's bullshit. He's 11! 11! Why the hell can't he just be left alone for what he likes?! Seriously! I get bullied for being a brony and it's absolute bullshit! I can't emphasize this enough, those bullies should be very sorry.

Very.

edit: fuck it, take my money anyway.

Edited by Delernil
  • Brohoof 17

This is pretty sad. I wish I was on the place on that kid so I could make those bullies suffer.
I wonder what would happen if all the bullies and douches got teleported to a different planet. Probably they will kill each other. 

Edited by TheWiseHippo
  • Brohoof 4

If I could donate even a dollar, I would. Problem is, I don't have the needed things to do it, but I agree.

This is the exact reason why I don't tell anyone I'm brony, unless they're EXTREMELY close to me. People just can't accept others for what they like and don't like, especially if it's FIM. What if we bullied them for something that they like? It probably won't be pleasant on their end, will it?

It's just a huge shame that people can't accept stuff like this.

Edited by Geek0zoid Steven
  • Brohoof 3

I think it's fucking disgusting that we live in a world where kids will be bullied to the point of suicide simply for watching a show.

That's not even as bad as it gets. We live in a world where even public school teachers bully students, making fun of their religion and saying that they should either convert or move to another school. And that's in the United States. That student ended up getting physically ill from it.

As for this unfortunate victim, I can look into donating myself if I can. I wish he could have reached out to help though instead of taking such drastic action.

• Brohoof 4

I'm going to try to donate atleast SOMETHING. This almost brought me to tears. He's a precious angel and I can't believe kids are such assholes. Bless his little heart. I hope things heal.... :'(

I was the same way. I'm so sorry for him. He doesn't deserve pain just for liking a show. What happens if the bullies get bullied for liking their shows? I don't want this to happen to somebody else!  :angry:  >_>

I wish a could give some money for him. :(

PRAY FOR MICHEAL!

(He even lives where I'm at...)

Edited by Starlight Lunamoon
  • Brohoof 2

Jesus Christ, this is insane. This is only more conclusive evidence how serious bullying is, yet more and more it seems as though it's still not taken seriously even with the programs which have been created to help prevent this. I know that I'll be donating some dosh when I can.

To those of you whom can't donate or think you can't help out, you can! Send an e-mail to the family, draw a picture, make a song or video, LET THEM KNOW THAT THERE ARE THOSE WHO DO CARE AND THAT THEIR PLEA IS NOT FALLING ON DEAF EARS! Every bit of support helps.

Edited by Accellerant
  • Brohoof 3

This is exactly why I'm going to enroll my future children in a martial arts program from a young age. Tell me "violence isn't the answer" all you want, but in a world that simply wags its finger at the concept of bullying, treating the symptoms and not the disease, I don't think it's altogether unreasonable to start giving our kids some alternative options for when bullying starts to get out of hand. How is your kid to shut someone up for fist-waving them simply because they happen to enjoy X, Y or Z? A roundhouse to the teeth usually does the trick.

My questionable hypothetical parenting skills aside, I'll see what I can do to lend a few dollars to the poor kid's cause - if even the smallest bit helps, I'd be glad to toss 'em a $20 at the very least. All's I know is, this bully had better be sending his thanks to whatever he finds holy or sacred that I'm not related to the victim.

• Brohoof 7

He chose to try to take his own life, bullying is nothing new. I can't say I feel very bad.

1. He didn't, he attempted it now he has brain damage that could last his whole life.

2. He's freaking 11 years old. Wow.

Edited by Rae ~

Unfortunately I can't participate since I don't have a lot of money to burn plus I'm 15.

But this is terrible. I can't stand bullying especially in schools. The kid will get bullied and the adults do nothing. The teachers turn a blind eye and the parents think it's part of growing up. Seriously that kid being bullied for his interests in television reminds me of how in second grade, I would get made fun of because I preferred cartoon Network over Disney Channel.

Glad he didn't commit suicide. This kid has a long life to live for, he shouldn't just end it right there. Any way I wish that kid luck. 

• Brohoof 2

He chose to try to take his own life, bullying is nothing new. I can't say I feel very bad.

You disgust me, the kid was eleven years old. 

We think much differently before our teen and adult lives, he was still growing and finding his place in the world. 

Enjoy the bed you just made for yourself

• Brohoof 5

(edited)

I'm glad to see everyone is being so supportive of Michael. :)

There are way too many bullies out there, and to come onto the forums and see all the support is a nice reminder that there are nice people out there who do care.

Edited by Mikami

Man, this type of news always makes me all kinds of sad and angry. Even more so when it happens to kids as young as him. Is it really that hard for some people to accept the fact that people like different things? What impact does someone else watching and enjoying a tv show have on your life?

I hate that tragedies like this have to happen before schools and communities start doing something about it, instead of taking preemptive measures to make sure it doesn't happen at all. I will definitely be donating what I can.

• Brohoof 2

Is anyone else the least bit concerned this might be a scam? It's no where else on the internet that doesn't cite EQD as the source and his facebook account was made just a few days ago.....

If it is true, it's horrrible a child could be pushed far enough to even consider suicide. 

• Brohoof 3

1. He didn't, he attempted it now he has brain damage that could last his whole life.

2. He's freaking 11 years old. Wow.

You disgust me, the kid was eleven years old. 

We think much differently before our teen and adult lives, he was still growing and finding his place in the world. 

Enjoy the bed you just made for yourself

You can take a seat right there.

Hey now, I don't think you give 11 year olds enough credit.

• Brohoof 2

Is anyone else the least bit concerned this might be a scam? It's no where else on the internet that doesn't cite EQD as the source and his facebook account was made just a few days ago.....

You're right, it could easily be a scam, but I like to believe the following. The first being that EqD's previous experiences with situations such as this has taught them to not whimsically post something as serious as this without some kind of source in which they trust. They do openly say the following after all:

We are still working to get in touch with the parents.  This was sent over via a confirmed source working closely with Hasbro and the pony convention scene.

The second being that I'd like to give the original individuals whom did reach out to EqD the benefit of the doubt. Besides, I'm not going to miss the money I donated. Dosh can always be reacquired in some form. 

• Brohoof 1