Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Boy Bullied for Being a Brony Attempts to Take Own Life

ReverseFaller

I sent prayers and poems to the family alas that is all I could do a bit strapped with my own woes at the Mo.

I hope he recovers fully to show all Love and Magic still does exist in a world that is full of Darkness. 

• Brohoof 1

This is just awful and disgusting.

While my deepest sympathies are with Michael and his family I just want to point out a few, hardly connected, things. I don't want this to seem I'm trivialising what has happened but I was wondering if an 11 year old can actually be considered a brony? Isn't he just a kid who likes My Little Pony? I thought the main thing which made a brony was that they were an adult rather than any gender difference since most pegasisters seem to prefer the term brony. Also, this is a perfect example of why America seriously needs an NHS. In any other advanced country, no money would even need to be wired to help pay for Michael's hospital bill. It's just heartless greed which keeps the American healthcare system running which I find just as disgusting as a child being driven to attempted suicide for bullying over something so trivial.

(edited)

What I'm more saddened by, is the fact that this type of shit happens every day. Everybody claims to be doing something, but there has been no improvement.

Politicians spend lots of public money (that is, our money) for the education system. If you pay for something and get something else instead you didn't want, you'd complain and demand full refund, right? So if there is bad education and bullying in schools, and politicians are OK with that, this could mean only one thing: that they get what they pay for and that's exactly what they wanted. Otherwise they would complain and changed it long time ago.

This is exactly why I'm going to enroll my future children in a martial arts program from a young age. Tell me "violence isn't the answer" all you want, but in a world that simply wags its finger at the concept of bullying, treating the symptoms and not the disease, I don't think it's altogether unreasonable to start giving our kids some alternative options for when bullying starts to get out of hand.

I'd recommend Aikido. It is a style of martial arts which is very concerned with ethics and avoiding unnecessary violence. Its principles are that aggression and violence are primitive & low level traits of our nature, and we should strive to use our body in a way to avoid violence, as a form of perfection. In combat, it is meant to redirect the aggression of the attacker into somewhere else and neutralize him without causing him pain or body damage. There are no techniques of direct attack in Aikido, and it doesn't require strength, since it is meant to use the aggressor's own strength against him. Which means, the harder someone tries to attack you, the harder he fails ;) (nice kind of lesson for him, I guess, assuming he's still capable of learning anything).

I hope that the bullies get what they deserve.  I would send them money if I could, but I have no money.

I'm sure the bullies would appreciate your money they rightfully deserved ;)

(I know, this was just a bad phrasing, but I couldn't resist ;) )

Edited by SasQ
  • Brohoof 1

fantastic another idiot bullying someone for someones interests.  this reminds me of the Amanda Todd story..

quote to Fosters Home for imaginary Friends 

yous think were girly huh?! *points sharp horn*

• Brohoof 2

AT that, nobody hops on a girls case for liking Batman, or for liking game of thrones, or having a masculine interest for one, and for two just because a man has a female idol, that happens to be a HERO with great moral standards, good ethic, and an amazing story, that is enough to make fun of someone, maybe we shoudl satrt laughing at these bullies like, "look at you, someone that doesn't know how to act like a human being, look at you someone so insecure he has to try to redirect his insecurities upon someone elses to feel better about himself". Bullies are weak, I know from experience, and when you finally stand to them, you will watch how quickly the revert to the insecure cowards they really are.

• Brohoof 3

• 2 weeks later...

So the Michael Morones charity has now escalated into a Broadway show starring Sir Ian McKellen (Gandalf).

Raise your hand if you saw THAT coming. Wow...

• Brohoof 1

Those assholes! I hate humans sometimes! Poor kid... I hope he gets better. And to think stuff like this happens all over the world all the time...  I'll see if I can put some money aside for him. And every bully I see bullying someone better hope they can outrun me or I'll sentence them to a thousand kicks to the face! I have to show people they're not alone. 

• Brohoof 1

Those assholes! I hate humans sometimes! Poor kid... I hope he gets better. And to think stuff like this happens all over the world all the time...  I'll see if I can put some money aside for him. And every bully I see bullying someone better hope they can outrun me or I'll sentence them to a thousand kicks to the groin! I have to show people they're not alone. 

Now that would be more like it.

• Brohoof 1

I don't have much money.

Fucking hell guys. That's bullshit. He's 11! 11! Why the hell can't he just be left alone for what he likes?! Seriously! I get bullied for being a brony and it's absolute bullshit! I can't emphasize this enough, those bullies should be very sorry.

Very.

edit: fuck it, take my money anyway.

I have to agree. I would put money down for this.   I, for one, am glad he's alive, b/c you know what, he should be proud of who is.  Just b/c he's a brony, doesn't mean he's different than everybody else.  He's still human like all of us. 

@, yeah, but you know, for someone who doesn't act like human, just being a human is not enough to be worth leaving in peace. It's not those who act human who bully others, it's the other way around.

@, yeah, but you know, for someone who doesn't act like human, just being a human is not enough to be worth leaving in peace. It's not those who act human who bully others, it's the other way around.

I concur....you have a point there.

• 2 weeks later...

Broadway Battles Bullying - a fundraiser for Michael Morones - has added Patrick Stewart to its list of guests.

For anyone who's dreamed of seeing Patrick dressed as Starswirl, it's now more probable than anyone would have ever thought possible. :)

Michael Morones' web site just posted a video clip of Andrea Libman reading to him at his bedside.

• Brohoof 2

Not to sound rude, but a Broadway musical is probably a bad idea. The message needs to go out to the younger generation, since the older generation are too stuck up and pig headed to learn squat (plus, broadway isn't as big a thing as it once was). They need to do something, that will be seen by younger people, and I don't think alot of younger people are really geared into watching musicals...as sad as that is.

• Brohoof 2

i would but I just got paid last friday. I now had -21.56 to my account from underestimating how much I had in my account after bills.

I got no monies to spend anywhere.