Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Boy Bullied for Being a Brony Attempts to Take Own Life

ReverseFaller

You're right, it could easily be a scam, but I like to believe the following. The first being that EqD's previous experiences with situations such as this has taught them to not whimsically post something as serious as this without some kind of source in which they trust. They do openly say the following after all:

The second being that I'd like to give the original individuals whom did reach out to EqD the benefit of the doubt. Besides, I'm not going to miss the money I donated. Dosh can always be reacquired in some form. 

Yeah, I agree. I'd like to trust that Equestria Daily wouldn't post an article asking people to give donations unless they dug around to see if it was legit or not.

I looked around the comment section, and some others were worried about the legitimacy of the paypal account in which you donate to. Somebody found a website though that helps me believe it is legit.

http://www.playteamtrivia.com/news.php?id=78

Also, I really do hope this is real. It'd just be sad if someone lied about a kid committing suicide to gain a few extra bucks.

• Brohoof 1

Hey now, I don't think you give 11 year olds enough credit.

All kids are different, this is true, some are more developed cognitively compared to others, but you still callously shove off the idea that all eleven year olds know exactly what they're doing and have thought of every open possibility before doing something. Of course, in this act of what I just said, I've also subtly notioned that all adults know of every possible option before going through with an option something. History of course has shown that this is not the case. When push comes to shove and we're overburdened, we make rash options when we feel as though it's the only way. 

The fact of the matter is that NOBODY should be thinking about suicide at such a young age, they should be thinking of spending time with their best friends and staying away from girls/boys because they've got cooties. 

Edited by Accellerant
  • Brohoof 1

This disgusts me. Has our social society fallen to the point where people can be mercilessly harassed for watching a different tv show than most people? Well apparently it has. And now basically you have to be like everyone else or you will be bullied. I mean people have made fun of me at school for reading. For fucking reading a book! This is whats wrong! You can't even like something that's a little different from what other people like anymore. Just disgusting.

If I had any money I would donate but since I'm 14 and have almost no money I can't really do much of anything.

• Brohoof 2

Yeah, I agree. I'd like to trust that Equestria Daily wouldn't post an article asking people to give donations unless they dug around to see if it was legit or not.

I looked around the comment section, and some others were worried about the legitimacy of the paypal account in which you donate to. Somebody found a website though that helps me believe it is legit.

http://www.playteamtrivia.com/news.php?id=78

Also, I really do hope this is real. It'd just be sad if someone lied about a kid committing suicide to gain a few extra bucks.

That looks like a fundraising website. Still not sure. 

I honestly would rather it be a scam. Lies for $ > real child's pain.

• Brohoof 2

There are so many bronies in need, I wish I were there to help them all, I would love to help right now in a heartbeat, but I can not financially help right now, but I will lend you my words. It is sad that we live in a world, were we have been lead to believe, to think and punish the intrepid human endurance, what makes each of us unique, it's all about benefiting either the state or the culture, both of whom can be aggressive against the individual initiative, of thinking outside the box and feeling what others are too stoic to express. As the night follows day, the internet for all its worth can be a release from our prudent habitat, yet I wish nothing more than to meet the person on the other side, or meet them first then stay in touch on the internet, for this great fission of human civilization, is the fact we do not talk to each other any more, we now communicate via text message, twitter, facebook and the ordinary phone call, hey I know people that don't even e-mail any more, much less write a letter, nevertheless, the right action we need right now, is to be silent, and re-evaluate how we got here, who needs my help today, and chose the way to help out, our fandom is extraordinary, and will be there spiritually, maybe some way physically, so for anyone in unspeakable woe, reach out to other bronies, and someone will give the hand in return.         

• Brohoof 2

I'm too young to send money, but they have my best wishes for a full recovery and a better life afterwards.

Stories like this make me sad, :(

why do people always turn to darkness and hate, rather than accept them and understand, or if not then ignore, people's opinions and things they like.

It's really none of their business

Edited by joecal97

Seriously? When I was 11 it was perfectly normal to still be watching cartoons and enjoying "kid" things at that age, and now an 11 year old kid gets bullied into attempting suicide for it? For liking a freakin' cartoon? That honestly makes me sick and I ask you to sit and think: no matter how annoying a portion of the fandom may be, is this behavior really acceptable? Bullying a 11 year old boy into attempted suicide? If it was his peers that did it, I hope they make them spend a couple hours in jail to put the fear of God into them about where bullying will take them in life. 

At any rate, this has information to donate to his family to help take care of him. 

http://www.equestriadaily.com/2014/01/michael-morones-recovery-fund.html

Edited by Shoboni
  • Brohoof 27

Based on personal experience, I believe that kids can be some be some of the cruelest people on the planet. Bullying a kid into suicide over a fucking cartoon is...I can't think of the right word to even describe that 

Edited by Megas75
  • Brohoof 8

Wow, just wow. Kids bullying someone over liking a cartoon that he enjoys watching, and even to the point of attempting to commit suicide. That is what I call another low for humanity.

tumblr_mdnoae5aPW1qfamtt.gif

• Brohoof 4

Okay, time to stop the pity party. Oh no, a kid was bullied and he tried to commit suicide. Is this terrible? Of course it is and I wish all the luck in the world for him to recover. Is it anything new? No, there's always going to be some ass-hole out there. 

As for losing faith in humanity, animals would do this if they could tak

• Brohoof 1

Okay, time to stop the pity party. Oh no, a kid was bullied and he tried to commit suicide. Is this terrible? Of course it is and I wish all the luck in the world for him to recover. Is it anything new? No, there's always going to be some ass-hole out there. 

As for losing faith in humanity, animals would do this if they could tak

Dude, grow a heart. That attitude of "shit happens so we shouldn't try to do something about it or discuss it" is part of what's wrong with this world. This isn't just people being assholes, a child's life almost ended because of it. That's what makes this a big deal and a problem worth discussing.  

Edited by Shoboni
  • Brohoof 10

I hope this isn't a scam, as the donation led to a company run page. I've also tried googling this story, and cannot find any news articles, you'd think an 11 year old trying to off himself would at least rate local news. If this is genuine I have no issue donating, but until it can be proven without a doubt that it is, I'd rather avoid another las pegasus. 

• Brohoof 1

I hope this isn't a scam, as the donation led to a company run page. I've also tried googling this story, and cannot find any news articles, you'd think an 11 year old trying to off himself would at least rate local news. If this is genuine I have no issue donating, but until it can be proven without a doubt that it is, I'd rather avoid another las pegasus. 

Good point, if anyone here in the thread can verify this somehow it would be a big help. I would assume it's legit if it made EqD(as I've never seen them post bogus stories) but it's alway's good to be sure. 

EDIT: The blog entry does say the site's(EqDs) staff have received conformation and everything is legit, for what it's worth.  

Edited by Shoboni

I am sad for the kid. I'm glad he was helped. 

Also, I firmly believe if other sapient life (assuming there is any) they can be just as much of a jerk than us Humans. So, by that logic everyone is jerk, just some people are a little less of a jerk. 

Edited by Rush
  • Brohoof 1

That's pretty shitty of someone to do that. What's funny is that the bullies, or "cool" kids, at my school watch cartoons themselves. They aren't really bullies, they just like to talk shit and pick fights with other "cool" kids.

As for this, that's a stupid reason to bully someone, especially when the 11 year old kid was just following the norm for his age. But don't loose faith in humanity. Its not like this is a normal occurance or anything.

• Brohoof 1

Kids are cruel little brats, hell when I was around 13 in 6th grade, a girl was going to beat me because I refused to close a window. Kids really need to straighten the hell up, especially when they do something as disgusting as driving someone to suicide for enjoying a damn fine cartoon. The school and parents need to punish those kids or else they'll never get better. 

• Brohoof 4