Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Boy Bullied for Being a Brony Attempts to Take Own Life

ReverseFaller

That's horrible ;.;

I do have experience with bullying, but that was WAYYY back in the third grade, so I got over it.

But man...

This horrible.

• Brohoof 1

People can be real bullies, plain and simple. I know that sounds like rather immature wording there, but it's really the best way to put it. People can be very judgemental of what does and doesn't follow society's set standards on what is and isn't acceptable, especially in the territory of masculinity and femininity (both of which are complete BS, by the way).

Sometimes, I hate people too. It's just important to remember that there are millions of good people scattered through the bad.

Not gonna lie, I have a really hard time believing this story. 

I know, I'm still having issues to trust this story enough to donate. With all these LGBT politics in our school systems today, you'd think something like this would make local news, or at least some sjw's tumblr. If this did happen, I feel very sorry for the child and his family, but I'm withholding my money until I can get outside source confirmation.  

I know, I'm still having issues to trust this story enough to donate. With all these LGBT politics in our school systems today, you'd think something like this would make local news, or at least some sjw's tumblr. If this did happen, I feel very sorry for the child and his family, but I'm withholding my money until I can get outside source confirmation.  

Money and my empathy, I'm not really buying it. The Facebook page that everyone keeps linking to has like 2 pictures on it, with nothing else, and some news site would report on it, right?

Wow, just wow. Kids bullying someone over liking a cartoon that he enjoys watching, and even to the point of attempting to commit suicide. That is what I call another low for humanity.

img-2249294-1-tumblr_mdnoae5aPW1qfamtt.g

How is anyone shocked by this?

I did a year in catholic school, 2 years in bd, and jr high was hell on earth you couldn't pay me to go back to.

Did everyone just get home schooled here?

i got up early some times to watch sailor moon, not cause I loved it, but i wanted an anime fix before school lol.

did i tell anyone?  no.  no i did not.

Why would you tell people in school you watch mlp?

From personal experience,

i'd rather go into a troll forum and list all my fears, hopes, and dreams as well as my race, beleifs, and family problems.

Why do that?

it's stupid.  true or false?  

My condolences and best wishes for the kid are a given. Children are meant to be children. 

But don't think for one moment at all that bullies actually care about the subject matter used to bully. A weapon is a weapon is a weapon. Skepticism aside and running the notion that him watching My Little Pony was the catalyst that cause this, I will assure (like... mathematically certain) you the other kids gave exactly zero fucks about what the kid watched or did in his free time. There was something he may or may not have felt shame about and that button was pressed mercilessly regardless of context.

Bullies are bullies. The only one making this about Bronies is us.

The only people that can make you feel shame are yourselves. Not your friends, not your teachers, not your classmates, not God or your parents. In addition to standing with one another in solidarity, we must also stand up for ourselves.

• Brohoof 1

This is horrible and tragic, and it's absolutely heartbreaking that he felt that this was his only option.

But I am not in the least bit surprised that it happened. Crap people are all over the world doing crap things, and it's always an eye-opener to see how many people are shocked by horrible news like this. I guess I've just been desensitized.

Unfortunately, there are, and will always be, people like this, people who will bully others for any reason. It's one of the reasons I gave up on humanity a long time ago.

I used to be bullied. Everyone who gets bullied needs to find a coping mechanism, because it will never be stopped fully. I coped by not caring. Of course, some people find it harder than others to cope.

But as said before, I'm also waiting for outside confirmation before I consider donating.

Kids, especially teenagers, are insanely cruel to those different from them, part of the reason I'm not too open about being a brony at school.  

My condolences to that child and his family, I can't even stomach the fact that this could happen, but it does quite often.  

Edited by aceassasin
  • Brohoof 1

Whether or not this is true (I actually see nothing confirming it but who knows), this is indeed one of the many massive flaws of our society, in America especially from what I can tell. Kids are constantly taught to be hateful and spiteful by their parents, friends, and media. Horrendous reality shows about hateful, personality less people, religious fundamentalism, and other things really harm society as a whole...What's worse is that nobody seems to really care as a whole. Yeah, you will see the anti bullying stuff everywhere you go, but that is just a bandwagon that many seem to jump on but never actually solve any issues whatsoever. I still get weird looks from cashiers when I buy pony stuff at anywhere other than Hot Topic (these cashiers that do this can f*ck off by the way) so imagine what a younger kid feels if they like the same thing.

Why is he bullied for liking the show? Because kids are taught early on that gender means everything and something targeting a specific gender should be avoided at all costs if society doesn't approve. Make the wrong move and society tears you apart. It is the sad truth and it needs to be fixed, but it never will. I don't want to be negative, but bullying will never cease, especially over stupid shit like this. Gee, you like a TV show that is girly? Well, you are HORRIBLE BLARGH!!! That will never cease.

• Brohoof 2

I hear ye, my faith in humanity has really dwindled, which is a real shame I care for humanity a lot, and it does not bode well with me. Woe is us, who feels real emotions, not play it back like some soap opera we saw on the TV, this delusion is so depressing, because people take that to mean you are weak or weird to be sensitive, and non conformity with the perceived cultural norm. Although my perception in humanity has waned, I still have faith in the individual, no matter where they hail from, whether they are bronies or not is irrelevant, what makes us all unique is the fact we are our own person, we know what we can do and can not do, a lot of people start out that way, but so many sell out and give up, so they start blaming something, and surrender their moral fibre and liberty just to act normal, seize your rights and humanity, no matter how hard the forces that be want, no one has mortgage of your soul, if you see and hear as I do, try not to completely loss faith, there are plenty of human beings out there, who might need you as much as you need them.    

• Brohoof 1

If it bleeds, it leads.

The idea of getting bullied, harassed, taunted, etc. because someone's preferences is nothing new, fellas. Try to move on from the aberration it causes, because every time you let it become something of a new experience or feeling you will not even be able to come up with a solution for it.

Humanity has developed a ton over the past few centuries. They're all based on tragedy and bloodshed and our history books always end up denoting at least a better part of race.

We're still racist, sexist, and mean...

But not as mean as we were before. You need to crawl first in order to walk. Have a little more patience.
One day, we'll all be part of something so revolutionary it may even bring order to our planet at last. Wouldn't you want to hold your breath until then?
For now, our battlefield lies elsewhere; instead of moaning about how pathetically primitive our race is, we can at least learn from others and ignore the noise. Contrary to popular belief, we actually do have a concept of compassion and warm spirit. We can only teach as many as we can to adopt it.

I recognize this situation is ugly but good grief, stop perpetuating it. If you're gonna fight fire with fire, it's going to burn the fuel for your cynicism further. You don't want to turn out like that.

tl;dr I hope the kid gets better, best of luck to him, yada yada yada; I'm just repeating what everyone else said.

• Brohoof 3

This is unfortunetely not new, this happened long before MLP and will still be around after. People hate and fear what they don't understand and while we can and should take steps to do what we can to reduce these incidents we must also be aware that they cannot be stamped out completely. Part of this has to do with people projecting their own insecurities onto others and part of it is also that a lot of parents aren't teaching their children to respect others and alot of kids aren't taught how to deal with these sorts of situations.

• Brohoof 1

Guys, read the blog post. It says the EqD staff checked into it and got conformation that it's all legit. The Talent Agency that manages many of the VAs for the show has even spoken about it and asked for support.  

back in the day, no one attempted suicide.. well i never heard of it. i swear it must be more recent thing than.. American kids need to toughen up imo

It's not a matter of toughness, human's are pack animals that are influenced greatly by social interaction. Chances are they harassed this kid every chance they got and wouldn't leave him alone when he was in school and couldn't get away.  

If it bleeds, it leads.

The idea of getting bullied, harassed, taunted, etc. because someone's preferences is nothing new, fellas. Try to move on from the aberration it causes, because every time you let it become something of a new experience or feeling you will not even be able to come up with a solution for it.

Humanity has developed a ton over the past few centuries. They're all based on tragedy and bloodshed and our history books always end up denoting at least a better part of race.

We're still racist, sexist, and mean...

But not as mean as we were before. You need to crawl first in order to walk. Have a little more patience.
One day, we'll all be part of something so revolutionary it may even bring order to our planet at last. Wouldn't you want to hold your breath until then?
For now, our battlefield lies elsewhere; instead of moaning about how pathetically primitive our race is, we can at least learn from others and ignore the noise. Contrary to popular belief, we actually do have a concept of compassion and warm spirit. We can only teach as many as we can to adopt it.

I recognize this situation is ugly but good grief, stop perpetuating it. If you're gonna fight fire with fire, it's going to burn the fuel for your cynicism further. You don't want to turn out like that.

tl;dr I hope the kid gets better, best of luck to him, yada yada yada; I'm just repeating what everyone else said.

You're right, we should work on supporting the victim instead of bitching, now that I think about it.

Edited by Shoboni

Not gonna lie, I have a really hard time believing this story.

According to the blog, the post read "Note for those wondering: We have received confirmation. The story and donation link is legitimate."

Although this source may not be completely true or even of the source is not reliable, it is the only source we have so far.

• Brohoof 1

According to the blog, the post read "Note for those wondering: We have received confirmation. The story and donation link is legitimate."

Although this source may not be completely true or even of the source is not reliable, it is the only source we have so far.

and the fact the show's talent agency has jumped on board means there must be some kind of decent confirmation happening behind the scenes. 

This makes me sad and ashamed. Michael Morones was bullied, almost killed himself, and has survived severe brain damage all because he simply believed in the magic of friendship, I would never wish this much turmoil upon my worst enemy. The worst part is that this didn't even get mainstream news coverage. This could've been a chance where Bronies, Non-Bronies, even haters would've come together as people for just a few seconds in humanity and felt sympathy for this kid, yet this chance was wasted. Listen mainstream media, and listen hard, FORGET whatever SHIT Justin Bieber is doing at this exact second in time, or how controversial the Grammy Awards were, or anything of this category for that matter and lend a hand to people who actually deserve the population's attention, caring, and sympathy.

• Brohoof 1

No. Just... No. This is not about Bronies. Don't you guys dare make this about anything other than bullying. If for one second this is made about how fragile little snowflake-victims of bullying Bronies are...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xXMR90HgZDY

Like it or not, the fact he was a Brony seemed to be a major factor, which makes this all the more stupid because it means that harassed him to this extent OVER A TV SHOW.

• Brohoof 1

Like it or not, the fact he was a Brony seemed to be a major factor, which makes this all the more stupid because it means that harassed him to this extent OVER A TV SHOW.

Kids get bullied over sneakers, bagged lunches what place in line they're in for the cafeteria or the condition of their state-issued calculator. Like I said before, no bully actually gives a rat's vomit (which rats cannot do) about the TV show or sneakers, political affiliation or gender normativity. Especially at school age. Yes. the kid was bullied using My Little Pony as a catalyst, but that itself is irrelevant. They'd have done the exact same thing to him had there been any other thing that would have provoked the same response. To make this child's sacrifices about how so obviously oppressed Bronies are instead about the act of bullying is insulting to him, belittles the fans and just makes both a mockery and a target of the rest of the fans.

Like I said before, no bully actually gives a rat's vomit (which rats cannot do) about the TV show or sneakers, political affiliation or gender normativity. 

That is completely false in every sense of the word

Yes. the kid was bullied using My Little Pony as a catalyst, but that itself is irrelevant.

How can you possibly know this? He could have been bullied solely because he liked MLP.

They'd have done the exact same thing to him had there been any other thing that would have provoked the same response.

Again, how can you claim to know this for certain?

Edited by Rivendare
  • Brohoof 1

If you google the name Michael Morones, all you get is links to the "Recovery Fund". I have been unable to find ANY actual news articles about an eleven year old attempting suicide by searching that name. If you reverse image search the picture, you find it's used as the avatar for several foreign language blogs and sites under various names. I'm afraid this may rank with the alleged kid from Texas that was thrown out of his house for being a brony. As yet, there have been NO confirming news articles for the kid in Texas. This case, as in the Texas one, originated on Reddit. For some reason people tend to believe ANYTHING, if someone anonymously posts it on Reddit.