Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What is your favorite thing to cook?

HeroSparks

After learning how to cook eggs and bacon it's now my favourite thing to cook. It's so easy and so tasty. :^)

(edited)

Since I've learned how to make it, my favorite thing to make would have to be scrambled eggs. But, I didn't stop there. There were a few times where I was craving something savory after eating something unnecessarily sweet--such as three chocolate chip pancakes each covered in Nutella then having each drenched in syrup (now that I think about it, I've done this quite a few times whenever my mom makes pancakes for breakfast, so I'm surprised I don't have Type 2 Diabetes yet)--so I decided to make myself an omelette made up of whatever lunch meat I could find, which usually ends up being turkey but when I'm lucky, it's smoked ham that caramelizes as it sizzles on the pan and the sweet and savory flavor of the ham is infused with the egg, making a delicious, savory brunch omelette. DANG IT, IT'S NEARLY MIDNIGHT AND I JUST MADE MYSELF HUNGARY AGAIN!! :D

Edited by Kronos
  • Brohoof 1

Out of everything I've cooked or baked, my favorite has to be a thirteen layer German chocolate mousse cake I did for my sister's 18th birthday when I was 15.  It was a wonderful challenge, and the jubilation on her face when I brought the cake out for her and her friends after school has been unmatched in my life so far.

However, my favorite goto goodie to cook up is an egg in a basket.  Bread, cut a small hole, throw in a pan with some butter to start toasting it.  Get a faint toasting on one side so it has some strength to the bread.  Flip bread.  Crack an egg and put it in the middle without breaking the yolk.  Flip when the egg has cooked enough to hold itself in the bread.  Finish toasting the first side.  Serve with some fresh black pepper and salt.  Condiments on the side as preferred.  Normally do two or three depending on what pan I dig out.

• Brohoof 1

I made a mixed fruit crumble for my Home economics GCSE, and I've since made it about five other times! I love it making it and it taste so good! I also like making cookies / cakes because I like eating the raw batter. :P

I love baking, especially pancakes. Chocolate chip is the only one's that I've made, but I think I did really good! No raw batter, and it wasn't burnt. Good first for a rookie cookie. :3

I make a green lentil dahl that's to die for. It's based on a recipe from "The Frugal Gourmet on Our Immigrant Ancestors", a volume in a series of cookbooks compiled in the early 90s but have aged very well. If you love coriander, roasted garlic, cumin, and ghee, this is a killer dish. I like to make it with any kind of red potato thing as a side too, which I consider another specialty and favorite.

If I ever dare try to cook, this would happen

tumblr_m60zroljau1qzuy7bo1_500.gif

The point is I would die and everything would die. And more and more death everywhere

• Brohoof 1

• 2 years later...