Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Meet Twilight Sparkle's Future Daughter, Moon Eclipse!

PonyFunk

post-24229-0-12974500-1391063588_thumb.png

If Twilight Sparkle ever had a daughter, I think she would look very much like this. Cutie isn't she?

Moon Eclipse is very much like her mother. She loves reading, studying, and of course is on her quest to get her cutie mark. She is very introverted and has a bit of trouble making friends, but she does have her mother's wisdom and knowledge about friendship to help her out. Perhaps she is not so fond of the sciences and magic, as she is for history and classic literature. She stated that she would like to be librarian when she grows up. When not reading and studying she enjoys time with her two best friends, Cotton Candy (Pinkie Pie's daughter) and Ruby Red (Rarity's daughter). BTW, I will create those characters and many more "after story" characters. 

post-24229-0-12974500-1391063588_thumb.png

• Brohoof 4

I like the look but I don't agree with the name, it sounds too clunky.

More importantly, either Twilight's child or her direct successor (in terms of being a student to Celestia/Luna) should be named something with a night time theme, but not moon-themed. Something like Midnight Glimmer or Eventide Glow.

If you take the theory that there is some kind of universal force behind the Celestia/Luna relationship and Luna's return marks the turning of the pony universe's "season" from day to night, with Twilight being the tipping point (hence rescuing Luna from banishment), and Sunset Shimmer being Twilight's direct predecessor and a representation of the Sun's waning power through Celestia's failure failure to teach Sunset well enough (Sunset comes right before Twilight, see?); then the next pony in line has to be night time themed, to rise up at the point when Luna becomes the sole ruler of Equestria and Celestia turns evil from too much trolling then gets banished to the Sun for 1,000 years.

Not that the current writers would be able to get their heads around these sort of big concepts that Lauren Faust was weaving together (or that they would care, seeing as Twilight has already been derailed into becoming a Princess herself) .

Moon is the dominating power of night, and Luna already represents that, so Twilight's daughter (if she was going to succeed Twilight in her role relating to the Elements of Harmony) would need a dark but not Moony name.

• Brohoof 1

... To be honest, I can see this as Twilight's daughter just fine. Her hair is reminiscent of Twilight's without being a copypaste, she has a rather charming night theme to her, and the freckles are a nice touch.

My only complaint is that given her heavy nighttime feel, she honestly bears resemblance to a daughter for Luna, or even Trixie given the dark colors mixed with that cape. But hey, what do I know, I don't even design OCs very often and when I do they suck.

What's with the great and powerful cape she's got ;)? I can see you used the pony maker v3.

Good tone of colors, similar to twilight, but yes, her name is.. I wouldn't call her that lol. Maybe just Dawn (kinda short for a pony name though since most are at least 2 syllables). I'm bad with names. Good job though!