Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Are we all attention seekers?

Horsy

People like having attention.

I admint I like having attention on me.

:)

Of course there are some people who abuse that and want too much.

Of course we're all attention seekers. Anyone who says otherwise is lying (and/or lying to themselves) or has a really good reason. As OP said, we're social creatures who work/live together in a society. Each of us wants to be an idol in our societies.

• Brohoof 3

Yes we all seek attention but I think somehow it's been distorted in modern times where there's a little too much self-interest instead of sharing the attention and it kinda made the whole attention seeking thing become super prevalent. I don't mind showing off or being really obnoxious but I always invite others accomplishments or find some way to get somepony else in on the goodness. Makes it funner to me.

I think that there are too many ponies out there now, especially with the internet, that seek attention a loooot because modern society has so many distractions and new rules and basically cliques. I think that kinda makes you an outcast not by choice more often than not. So sometimes ponies go to extremes or are always trying to get noticed so they can get into that kinda state of being.

If you want attention for something you actually accomplished then it's fine with seeking it. However I see far too many selfies and pictures of people's lunches these days. That sort of attention seeking is just stupid in my opinion.

I don't think all of us are attention seekers because a lot of us will be content being left alone for the most part. Only when we accomplish something do we seek approval (or constructive criticism, although that usually isn't appreciated anymore either.)

Now that I say that, that's another form of attention seeking I loathe. Fishing for compliments and burning down the first person who says something other than "Praise be unto your divine lunch" or something similar. (Kudos to anyone who posts something utterly sarcastic like that and gets thanked for it).

Yes. Sometimes I want attention because it's human nature to desire recognition. It helps them boost their self esteem during the hard days and even makes them feel less lonely.

Edited by CC_Maud_Pie

I don't like to admit it, but every time I see the notification icon light up my heart skips and I get super excited that somebody's acknowledged my existence. I like to come off as non-caring about attention, but if I'm being honest I love it when other people give me their attention :lol:

Some attention is always nice...but I think it really depends on the source and whether its positive or negative. I think attention-seekers are those who don't care what kind of attention it is, as long as it's directed at them, they're happy. I wouldn't say we are all attention-seekers though.  :)

IMO the person who posts a picture of a beautiful sunset or their favorite pony or what have you is just seeking a little attention and that's not bad.

But, the young woman who posts nude selfies on a website in order to be the center of attention is a very bad thing so, yeah, there is a difference.

I think it is natural for humans to crave attention, but not too much.

But I don't understand why people say bronies are attention seekers. I mean I guess some are, but most just wanna be left alone and watch a show.  >_>

• Brohoof 1

Everyone deserves attention, for those who have a histrionic need for attention, still be given their time to share, overall, we should be seen and heard, we choose to the be seen in a negative or positive light, depending on your behaviour at the time you wanted attention, it is detrimental to yourself or others to not have a moment to shine, as was said in a Twilight Zone episode "Number 12 looks just like You", "Being like everybody is the same as being nobody."

• 5 years later...
2 minutes ago, ExplosionMare said:

It’s impossible for me to say I don’t want attention, because I do, I just don’t like too much attention

You have been attentioned :maud: