Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

movies/tv Why do most cartoons from Canada SUCK? (Please read before replying)

Nylon

Now, I'm not hating on Canada, it's a great country and I am trying my best to not sound like I'm hating on it as much as I can, but has anyone ever noticed that they've barely made anything decent when it comes to animation?

I know cartoons like Ed Edd N' Eddy, The Ripping Friends, and even MY LITTLE PONY: FRIENDSHIP IS MAGIC came from Canada (which ironically, a lot of people think those shows came from America), but those are the only shows I know that don't seem mediocre. Every other cartoon I have known from Canada like Yakity Yak, Total Drama Island, or Pucca just seem like garbage to me.

Is there anyone else that agrees with me on this, or am I missing out on a bunch of decent cartoons here?

There are probably a bunch of decent cartoons from Canada out there, besides you should see how Johnny Test should be dead by now since it is still going in Canada. So, yes there are a load of decent cartoons.

There's Almost Naked Animals as well, it's a cartoon that I used to watch a bunch of episodes of before I watched MLP and wonder to myself "why the hell did I ever watch this crap?!"

• Brohoof 1

Well honestly most Canadian cartoons are kind of meh. There are some good ones like Ed Edd n Eddy but even so they're only animated in Canada even FIM is animated in Canada. The only other Canadian cartoon I kind of like is the Total Drama series, but even that can get into stupid territory sometimes. And of course there is Johnny Test, I don't want to talk about it. 

I'm not really a fan of animation (Aside from MLP and anime) but I do have to say that Canada's strong suit is Science Fiction. almost 90% of all science fiction shows are shot in Canada, and they're usually quite good.

I know everyone on this thread knows of the cartoon "Babar" (the one that we used to watch as kids about the big elephant king and etc. , might just be me though) that originated in Canada. A lot of people dislike Total Drama, but it's one of my favorite shows. Happy Tree Friends came from Canada (sick humor show, but I think it's funny).
I love Canada, that's where I want to move when I get out of college.

As the first poster mentioned, Ed Edd n Eddy and My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic are the only shows I love the most. The rest are meh, and Johnny Test... I just wish it'd be dead already. And I do not hate Canada, in fact, I love Canada and am willing to live there. :wub:

Coming from a Canadian, I can honestly tell you, our animation isn't even our worst suit in television. You guys should see our reality competitions, haha, they're laughable. Shows from this country are horrible, I much prefer American shows and channels to our crap  :P

A lot of people dislike Total Drama, but it's one of my favorite shows. 

Yeah, pretty much. I actually really liked the second half of season 3. Alejandro is a sexy devil, and a total bastard. (And I love him for it.)

Actually liked the Total Drama series

I haven't seen enough Canadian cartoons to judge their quality overall, but I think it's possible that you're letting the stuff you don't enjoy crowd out everything else. Are American cartoons so amazing if you throw out Avatar: The Last Airbender, Legend of Korra, Phineas and Ferb, Gravity Falls (possibly others like Adventure Time that I haven't seen)? I've seen my share of garbage, no matter what country the work comes from.

As the first poster mentioned, Ed Edd n Eddy and My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic are the only shows I love the most. The rest are meh, and Johnny Test... I just wish it'd be dead already. And I do not hate Canada, in fact, I love Canada and am willing to live there. :wub:

Yeah, somebody needs to go up to Scott Fellows or whoever is still behind Johnny Test and hit him with an egg yelling at him to "CANCEL YOUR CRAPPY CARTOON!"

• Brohoof 1

WOO IM CANADIAN!! but we kind of suck at everything, so maybe! im joking of course~ our television in general is pretty much shit though so dont be surprised ^^ but i actually thought the Total Drama series was good *sorrynotsorry*

in conclusion: Canada is really cool and everybody should come live here.

that is all!