S04:E12 - Pinkie Pride  

452 members have voted

1. 1. Did you like it?

• No, I hated it! >:(
    • I didn't like it.
    • Meh. It was okay.
    • I liked it!
    • I LOVED IT! <3

After watching this episode, "Make A Wish, It's Your Birthday" has become one of my personal favorite songs. I think every brony and pegasister should play this song on their birthdays. I loved the episode in general as well. 

It goes to show you sometimes that intense rivalries can sometimes stem from one individual at one time looking up to and wanting to be like their now rival. Pretty realistic once you think about it.

worst episode yet. I dislike Rainbow Dash treating Pinkie like crap, even Pinkie puts her efforts on throwing the greatest party for Dashie.

I really love this episode.

It was really funny and has a great amount of energy going for it that makes it an enjoyable ride all the way through.

Plus all the songs in it were pretty good.

This is excessively silly, but it's so joyous as to be totally irresistible. The sheer scale of the musical numbers, and of the stuff Pinkie and Cheese pull off, is delightful, and add in such absurdity as live-action segments of Boneless and Gummy and you have something which is just so goofy and ludicrous that I can't imagine anyone completely resisting its pull. Plus the songs are all energetic and catchy, although there's too many of them to remember a single one right now, and it's all grounded in one of season 4's rare moments of genuine character exploration. We know that abandonment is one of Pinkie's greatest fear, so even the prospect that she could  have been replaced fills her with the need to prove herself. 

Early scenes show us all the ponies who she's brought joy to, and a later scene has her look back on all the parties she's planned, and what makes these so essential is that they demonstrate the pride which leads her to challenge Cheese face-on. I figure she associates her status of "Equestria's premiere party pony" with her friends' approval of her, but she forgets that the reason she wants her friends to like her is because she wants to make them happy. Rainbow Dash gets in the most trouble for her ego, but it's no coincidence that none of them are the Element of Humility. In the end, Pinkie is able to get back to what's truly important, and while I'm not entirely convinced that this is a truly meaningful development for her as a character, it is a really strong moral. Just a delightful episode all around.

Score:

Entertainment: 10/10

Characters: 9/10

Themes: 10/10

Story: 10/10

Overall: 98/100

This was definitely one of my favorite episodes, though I DO wish Cheese and Pinkie were fleshed out more. The episode just made Pinkie seem like a brat in my opinon.

I hate to say it, but this was honestly one of my least favorite episodes of season 4. In fact, it might just be the episode I considered the most lackluster out of the entire season.

Was maybe around a 5-6/10 for me :t

This truly is the fastest (so far, I havent watched more than this ep so far) the group of 6 betrayed one of them, 5 minutes in, no?

I liked this Episode. I found it good that Pinkie realized herself, when it was enough, without needing anyone to tell her, just not sure why she was planning on leaving entirely then.

Posted (edited)

I loved this episode it is amazing and one reason is my favorite song is sung in this episode a song by Pinkie Pie I enjoy so much Make A Wish I guess they couldn't fit the who song on the episode though knowing an episodes time is limited so they weren't able to fit the whole song on this episode but still this is one of my favorite episodes and I can always listen to the full song on Youtube I even posted it under Pinkie Pie fan club I just wonder what Hasbro did with the full song since they couldn't all of it on the episode Pinkie Pride I guess the full song just went straight to the album I like the full song even better than the cut version on the episode I'm sure most others do too I wonder if Hasbro will use that song again in the future and use the whole song this time I doubt it but you never know what's really going to happen because I have never heard the same song twice on the show Hasbro like's to change it up so I version will stay an album and Youtube thing But this is still one of my favorite episodes it just tells so much thanks_a_lot_pinkie_pride_by_wazzupponyz-d75cice.thumb.jpg.42cb40a7061fe323bbe3ce45a19d9ada.jpg5ac2bcb154d6c_img-2262127-1-TnHDb1A(1).thumb.png.4aceb57172481fdfdb7b96e793e8788a.png5ab45c6e19e17_cheese_sandwich_by_falexd-d74zq5j172.thumb.png.29e420a9685f355f8324762b5f3f6b41.png5ab4616778b25_pinkie_and_cheese_by_benybing-d77kvud177.thumb.png.2bd314aa048341c980bfc58672794abe.png5ab45f836c49f_6175.thumb.png.a4494be2677a1ec979c6d781ac29fa46.png

6.png

Edited by NathanW200

This is pure, concentrated Pinkie Pie injected directly to the veins, and I mean that in the best way possible. 

100/100

This episode is so much fun, which makes sense because a lot of the episode is just Weird Al being Weird Al. The songs are great, the animation is fantastic, and there are a lot of great jokes. It's a little disappointing that Weird Al just plays a pony version of himself instead of an actual character, but it's so much fun that I don't even care.

Score: 10/10

Best episode of season 4 by far and top 5 best in the whole series the animation is great the characters are the great the songs are fantastic but my favorite song was pinkies lament this song is one of if not the  best song in the whole series 10/100 for me also really great moral just because another pony a great party planner doesn’t mean your being replaced. All and all fantastic episode 

Why is this year special as Rainbow’s birthday and anniversary? Wouldn’t be the case every year, or has she only been in Ponyville for a year?

Wow, they turned on Pinky quickly. It does seem like they thought Cheese and Pinky would work together though. Like one party planner is great, so two will be epic. Keeping that in mind, this episode seems to be Pinky’s version of The Mysterious Mare Do Well.

Watching Pinky deflate a balloon in her “They don’t want me song” was actually sad. Poor balloon.

I do like that Cheese was inspired by Pinky when she was young herself, but that ending was sad. He ran away from home? Did he have no family? Did they wonder where he was? I know I’m over analyzing, but that part was kind of depressing. He could have had the same revelation without running away from home.