S04:E12 - Pinkie Pride  

472 users have voted

1. 1. Did you like it?

• No, I hated it! >:(
    • I didn't like it.
    • Meh. It was okay.
    • I liked it!
    • I LOVED IT! <3

Fantastic episode! My favorite of the season. So Pinkie's key is a rubber chicken? Yep, that's Pinkie for you  :lol:
Ah, my heart was broken seeing Pinkie sad. It being completely music filled was great.

I'm hoping we get to see Cheese Sandwich again, he's a memorable character that's a lot of fun to watch. Plus Weird Al's voice is awesome.

I'm not a fan of ships for MLP, but if I had to support one, it would be Pinkie x Cheese.

Oh, and did anyone laugh as hard as I did when "real" gummy and boneless danced? I seriously did not expect that. That's sort of like old Spongebob humor, and I always found that stuff hysterical.

• Brohoof 3

this episode was everything I expected, except for the part when pinkie was sad. didn't see that coming /=|

for a second, I was expecting pinkie's key to follow similar lines to the previous ones. rarity's was rainbow colored and rainbow's looked similar to her cutie mark, so when it came time for pinkie's key, I thought it would somehow related to rainbow dash. I do like the rubber chicken key though

no new favorite song though /=|

• Brohoof 1

Since in the beginning of the episode Pinkie said it was RD's "Birthday Bash"

This episode was released today (February First)

My birthday is today.

So me and Rainbow Dash have the same birthday!

• Brohoof 8

This episode was so awesome !!! :3

It had a good story with a new non-villain MALE character, which is awesome! I liked Cheese cause he was so similar to Pinkie and I liked his voice as well. I love how they did the western thing at the beginning of the episode and I like how you got a story about him at the end of the episode. The episode had many awesome songs (I didn't count, how many was it again? 4? I don't know..) either way, all of them were awesome :3 The one where pinkie decided to challenge him (at sugarcube corner) was in my opinion the best one.

p5K2J5q.png

itgavemetears

I also enjoyed how they threw in the real life videos of the toy and an alligator xD

This episode was soooo good. 10/10 for sure :3

Edited by Jokuc
  • Brohoof 6

I loved this episode, it was really adorable.
Plus, I like Weird Al's work.

Pinkie was in character I felt, she was just goofy and fun love..not stupid or annoying acting. It was a really fun episode overall and I like the lesson she learned. I was surprised her key wasn't rainbow colored, though.

• Brohoof 2

It was a pretty good episode.

The song's were good, glade every character has some role in the song, and it just felt like a really good Pinkie Pie episode.

Still the 1 thing or 2 things I like the most in this episode was that Pound Cake and Pumpkin Cake were in it. Not very long and they didn't do much, I'm just glade they are getting some screen time in Pinkie Pie episodes. 

It was nice eps and for the

first time i liked a freaking Pinkie

Pie song for like the first time

in all of MLP and me watching it

and having Al on made a good touch

of  humor and drama for Pinkie

but once more the singing was

a bit over done like a burned

toast to me and wish Al had

more talking parts but the ep

was good and he might come back

but making a rubber chicken one

of the rainbow items... :ph34r:

This just might be the one episode that I loved more than anything else. I loved that part when they had that real Alligator and the other Rubber Chicken dancing. And I especially loved it when Pinkie is trying all these new talents,and messing up on them. I loved this episode, but I'm confused, about how old is Cheese Sandwich? He was a filly when Pinkie was a Filly? Really? He seemed to be a bit older than Pinkie Pie. I don't doubt, the rest of his story...but, given it was Pinkie who had given him his cutie Mark, and he does seem a little older than the rest of the ponies, it kinda doesn't add up. But, other than that I LOVED THIS EPISODE.

This was a good episode. This was a very good episode.

What got to me the most in this episode was how the first act reminded me of the first Toy Story. I'm serious. Try imagining Pinkie as Woody and Cheese Sandwich as Buzz Lightyear. Even though Cheese came to plan Rainbow Dash's party, he at least wasn't being a jerk and trying to replace Pinkie entirely like the Flim-Flam brothers tried to do with Applejack. In fact, I think Cheese Sandwich was one of the few male characters on the show that didn't mean any intentional ill will towards the focus character or cause trouble with their antics.

The only sour notes in the symphony for me were the end of episode joke (Shouldn't Pinkie be able to remember the people she's met, especially when they become friends?) and the fear that Spike will become to Twilight what Snips and Snails are to Season 1 Trixie: an annoying fanboy that keeps blowing their idol's horn for them.

• Brohoof 1

This just might be the one episode that I loved more than anything else. I loved that part when they had that real Alligator and the other Rubber Chicken dancing. And I especially loved it when Pinkie is trying all these new talents,and messing up on them. I loved this episode, but I'm confused, about how old is Cheese Sandwich? He was a filly when Pinkie was a Filly? Really? He seemed to be a bit older than Pinkie Pie. I don't doubt, the rest of his story...but, given it was Pinkie who had given him his cutie Mark, and he does seem a little older than the rest of the ponies, it kinda doesn't add up. But, other than that I LOVED THIS EPISODE.

It might be that mares just age well, while stallions look older for their age. That could happen too.

I mean look at Berry Punch in the flashback. She hasn't aged one bit!Bfa0RIkCUAAmsmj.png

Meanwhile, Cheerilee is an adult schoolteacher...

• Brohoof 3

OH YEAH! Best episode EVER! Dang after this I really love Pinkie Pie and Cheese Sandwich! This was exactly what I was hoping for. Way to advance on Pinkie Pie and show us she hasn't lost what we love Hasbro! :D Everything about this episode can simply not be explained. It was too amazing. Though at first I was afraid this was going to be a musical like the last episode of season 3 and that'd cover up the plot, but it actually didn't! I loved the music and it fit perfectly without covering the whole plot! Just fantastic Hasbro! I loved it! :)

• Brohoof 1

GREAT EPISODE!! Landslide of "I LOVED IT" votes as well!

I did think it was a bit..cheesy sometimes! Get it!?

The songs really did bring up my personal ratings for starters, not to mention all the gags were cookie and crazy like the real life boneless and Gummy. Aanndd.. other stuff you guys want, blabla, character development, blabla, that too.

mc3y29.png

Favorite line of the episode: "And the loser?" Pinkie Pie: "Doesn't!" I really liked Pinkie Pie's faces when she's angry!

There were a lot of Derpy appearances. Maybe too much, but that should make up for her missed appearances in season 3.

Oh yeah, did anybody notice how Pinkie Pie's face seems to poke into the screen as she says, "boneless"? More feeling of depth to the animation.

TOO MANY RAINBOWS!!!

Edited by Wingin'Wolf
  • Brohoof 1

It wasn't so much ditching Pinkie as it was forgetting. Everyone got caught up in Cheese Sandwich's number. Twilight went back to see Pinkie after all.

I agree here. The excitment of the new and shine caught up a bandwagon. Yes it was mean, but the Mane group came back to get her, showed they cared, and Pinkie through this all in getting her key (supposed) learned her effect on Cheese. He was jealous and honored by Pinkie, but certainly stole the show from her. EVERYPONY GREW A LITTLE BIT!!!! Especially loved seeing Derpy, Cheese, Pinkie, Cheerilee as Fillies!!!

img-2262490-1-UWpr8XB.jpg

Edited by Cstriker
  • Brohoof 3

It might be that mares just age well, while stallions look older for their age. That could happen too.

I mean look at Berry Punch in the flashback. She hasn't aged one bit!Bfa0RIkCUAAmsmj.png

Meanwhile, Cheerilee is an adult schoolteacher...

I never thought about that. Either way totally amazing episode. I can't wait to see more of Cheese Sandwich, and I really hope Weird Al goes to Bronycon. I would be Marking out so bad if "Weird" Al was at Bronycon.

• Brohoof 1

Is it wrong that this Episode almost made me cry halfway through?

Anyway after seeing this episode there is one thing that I suspect: Rarity and Pinkie have got their keys for that box by now.

The thing that I actually suspect is that there will be other ponies that will give the mane 6 characters one artifact each that will connect them and it'll most likely be some sort of new-built friendship since the elements of harmony don't work anymore, a new friendship must be build and these friendships the ponies create with all the other ponies will be the keys for everything. That's why I suspect a comeback for both Coco and Cheese Sandwich in the Season finale. Anyone else think that way?

Anyway I can't really say much about this episode, it felt a little off storywise, it was simply a little to depressive at some parts and then it suddenly got cut off to a happy scene once again, it just confused me a little.

• Brohoof 1