S04:E12 - Pinkie Pride  

472 users have voted

1. 1. Did you like it?

• No, I hated it! >:(
    • I didn't like it.
    • Meh. It was okay.
    • I liked it!
    • I LOVED IT! <3

I don't really like this season as much as the previous ones.

This really baffles me because in my personal opinion this season is blowing season 3 out of the water and is standing on equal ground with season 2.

Even though I'm not a huge fan of Pinkie Pie, I do have to say I think this was my favorite episode so far. Or at the very least, one of them. I found it the most entertaining. All of the songs were absolutely fantastic, and there was just a wonderful energy to the whole episode. I personally felt it was pretty top notch.

My new OTP that isn't lesbian or gay... (My les. Ship is FlutterDash) >////<

Good songs, great characterization, nice humor, Pinkie gets hit with reality and sadness(almost as good as Party of one, except she didn't really go insane this time, but depressed).

We got a flashback where we saw more filly Pinkie and baby BG ponies.

Really wonderful episode! I'm so glad Pinkie wasn't an idiot like the other S4 episodes this time around! Amy deserves a cookie!

This really baffles me because in my personal opinion this season is blowing season 3 out of the water and is standing on equal ground with season 2.

I agree with the quote inside of this quote, it gives you that feeling that "I think I might see this pony again!" Like in the case of Discord when he was returned to stone in season two, episode two. I sure as hay didn't see him coming back anytime soon. NOW HE'S EVERYWHERE.

I especially got that feeling when Pinkie said "I never did get that pony's name." I don't know why exactly, it just makes you think you'll see him sometime in the future.

(SPOILERS AHEAD) As for Cosmos, how does this baffle you exactly? Also, I agree completely with this seasong blowing season three into tiny pieces out of the water. I mean, Cadence came back into play in a regular episode, they addressed Scootaloo's inability to fly, they made Pinkie Pie a possible relative to Applejack, let alone the fact that the box has me wondering what's inside. Am I the only one who wants to just sleep and sleep and sleep until Saturday gets here? Just sleep through the week, the stress, the drama, so that I can see the next episode? Probably not, haha! Anyway, that's my two bits.

• Brohoof 1

Needless to say i really enjoyed this episode 

more to follow 

What can I say this episode is my 2nd favourite pinkie episode (party of one still owns this in retrospect)

Cheese sandwich a great well developed character for a single and i really hope Weird al reprises his role in later seasons. Pinkie pie character was great and this episode finally address the problem of a friend in deed in which pinkie's realises that sometimes her obliviousness to the situation can cause more problems than good. We see that planning parties is a big deal to her and the whilst all the mane 6 did feature they weren't as obnoxious as rainbow fall i'd rate this a 9 out of 10 definitely the best episode of season 4

I really liked the new episode.  Unlike Magical Mystery Cure, all the "FiM:  The Musical" stuff seemed appropriate, given the generally zany nature of the characters.  Weird Al played his role fantastically; I was actually surprised how well he sombered up to act like The Pony With No Name.

I was actually somewhat surprised, however, because the twist wasn't what I expected.  Season Three was predictable, so it's nice to realize that I'm being thrown for a loop here and there.  What I was expecting was for Cheese Sandwich to plan the party by himself, have it of course be fantastic, only he's not pleased with it.  He finds himself at the lonely, quiet table with Pinkie, she sourly asks him why he's not having fun at his fantastic party, and we get some lovely character development for him where the reason he throws parties is because he finds himself impossible to amuse, how at every party he throws, he finds everyone smiling except for himself (If we really wanted to, we could even make this symbolic, how a literal cheese sandwich feels empty on its own).  Of course, that wasn't what we got, and while I still like what could have been, what was worked fine as well.

@Clover Heart

Its all personal speculation and interpretation. I did say that if the cake was two dimensional (2D) then counting the candles would make her 21. Being over legal drinking age myself I don't usually think non-alcoholic cider but I know it exists. Just my 2 cents, I like hearing others perspectives though.

Edited by sunset_sprint

The only nitpick I have about this show is the fact the color pattern of the Mane 6 (which is used to symbolize the keys they get) was hammered in this whole episode. You see them everywhere. But, like I said, it's a nitpick and it doesn't negate the fact I loved this episode to death. It. Was. AWESOME!!!!!!! :lol:

I don't know... I liked the Song Pinkie sang at the very begining, But that's pretty much the only part I liked. Cheese Sandwich was a jerk, and I hope he neverrr comes back. I mean seriously, PINKIE IS THE PARTY PONY PLANNER!!!! NOT Cheese Sandwich! :okiedokielokie:

Cheese Sandwich was a jerk, and I hope he neverrr comes back. I mean seriously, PINKIE IS THE PARTY PONY PLANNER!!!! NOT Cheese Sandwich! :okiedokielokie:

Rainbow is a good flier, but so are others.

Twilight is a bookworm, but so are others.

Rarity is good at fashion, but so are others.

Applejack is a good farmer, but so are others.

Fluttershy is good with animals, but so are others.

Pinkie is good with parties, but so is Cheese Sandwich.

There is literally no issue here, and it was a fun idea that they used well.

It's highly unrealistic to expect Pinkie to be the only pony in the whole world capable of throwing a decent party.

That would mean that while she's in Ponyville, everywhere else in Equestria is having no parties at all and being miserable as hell.

And why is Cheese a jerk? He did NOTHING wrong.

He showed up and introduced himself in a fun way, and it was the townsfolk who got carried away and forgot about Pinkie.

He straight up said "I never intended to take your place in Ponyville, I just wanted to show you how much of a great party planner I am, Pinkie..."

and then he gave us a sweet backstory that shows Pinkie inspiring him to smile and become a party pony.

The two of them became buddies and threw an absolutely awesome bash for RD.

How is this not a wonderful, sweet thing? How is Cheese a jerk?

That thought process is eluding me really badly.

• Brohoof 2

I'm gonna be honest; this was not my favorite episode. Either I wasn't paying much attention or the episode went way too fast for me. There was no plot buildup at all.... It was just cheese comes to town, pinkie gets mad and challenges him to a goof off, and then she calls off the goof off and they plan the party together. It wasn't the best episode for me. I'd say a 4/10. There have been worse but there have been better. (Rarity Takes Manehattan, for instance. Wonderful message and plot build.)

Okay, so, question: What is so far the general consensus of the third sister of Pinkie Pie?

Has the fandom come up with a name?

img-2262681-3-7CEEewE.png

It's gotta be sue. Inky, Blinky, Pinkie, and Sue. The PAC man ghosts!! :D but honestly, I didn't even notice this... Are you sure it's a sister?

I'm gonna be honest; this was not my favorite episode. Either I wasn't paying much attention or the episode went way too fast for me. There was no plot buildup at all.... It was just cheese comes to town, pinkie gets mad and challenges him to a goof off, and then she calls off the goof off and they plan the party together. It wasn't the best episode for me. I'd say a 4/10. There have been worse but there have been better. (Rarity Takes Manehattan, for instance. Wonderful message and plot build.)

The episode's conflict is an internal conflict. What happened was Pinkie Pie felt that everypony forgot about her, and she decided to challenge Cheese for (what she believed was) her place as Ponyville's primer party planner.