S04:E12 - Pinkie Pride  

472 users have voted

1. 1. Did you like it?

• No, I hated it! >:(
    • I didn't like it.
    • Meh. It was okay.
    • I liked it!
    • I LOVED IT! <3

Rainbow is a good flier, but so are others.

Twilight is a bookworm, but so are others.

Rarity is good at fashion, but so are others.

Applejack is a good farmer, but so are others.

Fluttershy is good with animals, but so are others.

Pinkie is good with parties, but so is Cheese Sandwich.

There is literally no issue here, and it was a fun idea that they used well.

It's highly unrealistic to expect Pinkie to be the only pony in the whole world capable of throwing a decent party.

That would mean that while she's in Ponyville, everywhere else in Equestria is having no parties at all and being miserable as hell.

And why is Cheese a jerk? He did NOTHING wrong.

He showed up and introduced himself in a fun way, and it was the townsfolk who got carried away and forgot about Pinkie.

He straight up said "I never intended to take your place in Ponyville, I just wanted to show you how much of a great party planner I am, Pinkie..."

and then he gave us a sweet backstory that shows Pinkie inspiring him to smile and become a party pony.

The two of them became buddies and threw an absolutely awesome bash for RD.

How is this not a wonderful, sweet thing? How is Cheese a jerk?

That thought process is eluding me really badly.

Well, he basically barged into Ponyville, took over the party, and made Pinkie feel left out! And then during the goof-off he was just out-doing Pinkie in everything! Then in the end, he's like, "Oh, I lied and made you feel miserable, but we're still friends, right?" ARRGH! He just bugs me!! >:C

Well, he basically barged into Ponyville, took over the party, and made Pinkie feel left out! And then during the goof-off he was just out-doing Pinkie in everything! Then in the end, he's like, "Oh, I lied and made you feel miserable, but we're still friends, right?" ARRGH! He just bugs me!! >:C

I do believe that he was extended an offer to help throw the party.

*Sigh* I'm I the ONLY one who DOESN'T like Cheese??

Define the grounds, some non-bronies hate Cheese even more. There was one very angry comment on a preview video that said they "ruined" Weird Al for him because of his role in a My Little Pony episode.

Define the grounds, some non-bronies hate Cheese even more. There was one very angry comment on a preview video that said they "ruined" Weird Al for him because of his role in a My Little Pony episode.

Okay, rephrase: Am I the only MLP fan the doesn't like Cheese??

It's gotta be sue. Inky, Blinky, Pinkie, and Sue. The PAC man ghosts!! :D but honestly, I didn't even notice this... Are you sure it's a sister?

Well Pinkie did say, when looking at the pictrure: "Oh, I remember this one, my first party ever. My whole family was there."

And she looks just like Inky and Blinkie, but older but yet no Cutie Mark. So I would say that saying she's older than Pinkie, Inky and Blinky, but still a sister to the three is a safe bet.

Does anyone else think she may not be even a sister? If so why?

Anyone else has any info about the fandom consensus on the name?

There should be an I FREAKING LOVED IT!!!!!!! button! :D I LOVED this episode SO MUCH!! I especially enjoyed Pinkie's Lament (which I sang to myself about ten times yesterday :P XD) That part where she sings "The bubbles all burst, now what is next..." actually brought tears to my eyes. TEARS. And I never cry cried.

Ponies are seriously breaking my heart's encasement in stone ^3^

Anyway, I rate this episode 10/10! YAY FOR CHEESE SANDWICH!

• Brohoof 4

I loved the episode, I thought it was cute! The Weird Al appearance was unexpected and I shit my pants when I noticed xD Cheese Sandwich's backstory was adorable, how Pinkie

inspired him to start throwing his own parties, aaaaaaaahhhhhhh <3

Really lovely episode, very fun and I loved the interactions between Pinkie Pie, Twilight, and RD. I also liked the portions where Pinkie is trying (and failing) to find a new occupation; it shows her flaws and I love the ongoing sort of "arc" of Pinkie needing validation from her friends. It displays a realistic weakness and an underlying problem for that character that I really like to see.

And it was also pretty damn funny too xD

I think chess sandwich is the one that thought pinkie pie is not fun enough for chess sandwich i tought that pinkie pie is the most fun but not so i think it like RD like make it a contest it like pinkie pie wins

"Too Many Pinkie Pies" has been my favorite episode ever since it aired.  Not just of this show, but my favorite episode of all TV shows.  But "Pinkie Pride" might just be the new number one.  For one thing, I love musicals.  The only let down I had with with "Too Many Pinkie Pies" was that we had all those Pinkie Pies and not one song.  

Secondly, I have been a fan of Weird Al Yankovic since I was a kid.  Getting to hear Weird Al sing Pinkie's smile song was too amazing for words.  I love the Cheese Sandwich character.  I adore the reveal that he was inspired by Pinkie to become a Super Party Pony.  The jokes, the songs, the character development, the everything else about this episode - so great!

dABZlKm.png

Okay, rephrase: Am I the only MLP fan the doesn't like Cheese??

I think it would be a fairly safe guess to say "yes" to that, actually. There is no reason to dislike Cheese Sandwich (aside from the non-bronies, but that's beside the point). Cheese is a genuinely friendly guy - really, he is! He never intended to steal the spotlight from Pinkie. She's his idol, the one who inspired him to start throwing parties in the first place! I feel that he just wanted to show her how far he'd come since that fateful day in Ponyville so many years ago, and he seemed sincere in his apology when he realized what had happened with Pinkie. Honestly, I cannot comprehend why you would think that he's a jerk.

• Brohoof 2

I think I fully comprehended how the bronyverse has extended it's influence when I realized that WEIRD AL was in this episode. I mean, holy cow guys, who else are they going to manage to get in the show for our amusement?

I know everyone else has already added to this, but I really appreciated how organic the songs felt in this episode. Even though I love Equestria Girls, don't get me wrong, I felt like the songs were inserted just to fill in a sort of formula about kid's movies (let me reiterate, I love the songs themselves).  But I guess when you have Weird Al in an episode, it would be a crime not to have a sort of musical themed episode. 

Also, it's nice to see a boy pony that is depicted in a light that isn't "oh, hey, look a pompous/icky/annoying boy."

Plus, it was wonderful how they showed story wise that Pinkie is not just a party pony - this is a very essential part of who she is. I feel like it is sometimes easy to think, while waiting for the next episode, that Pinkie is just a party mare with a crazy outlook on the world, but NO, joy is part of her personality and to extract it is to be left not only without everyone's favorite Party pony, but also without the element of "laughter" that makes this show a pretty pivotal part of my mundane life. 

• Brohoof 2

I liked the episode but the last music reminded me of Equestria Girls for some reason which is not a bad thing because I actually liked Equestria Girls music though some of it sounded a bit... repetitive in my opinion but it was still good overall

Going to have ot say this episode was meh for me.

Buck you live action clips you broke my immersion WTH...

okay with that out of the way...

the episdoe was nice well the visual anyway,  too many songs that I felt were not needed and pinkie's song that helped her turn about was really quick like gaming 360 spin quick...what was the point...

I really dont care for weird AL so nothing from him gets on this review.  other then the funny western bits

• Brohoof 1

I enjoyed it liked the music and enjoyed weird Al though I am a fan.

I agree above the turn about was too quick and maybe too many songs plus the live action part felt odd.

Good episode in all though might have worked better as a Two parter....even though it had no action elements in it two parts could have delved more into pinkies Character development.

• Brohoof 2

First post, and its from a phone. I've watched every episode (pretty much) of MLP;FiM (to varying degrees) because i have a daughter and she loved it. Because it such a solid show in so many respects I have come to love it. I found these forums looking for a link to S4 episodes because WE both were dying to see new MLP (watched equestria girls 15+ times lol) and lurked a bit since. I have never felt the need to post until now...

This episode was amazing, my favorite of the entire series... And thats saying alot, i hold a lot of episodes in extremely high regard and cant really say "That sucks!" To any episode so far. This "cartoon" is just trancendent. So far beyond anything i watched in my childhood and the discussions it spawns between me and my daughter are priceless.

Ive always been a RD fan. What athletic guy isnt? But Pinkie has always been second. Not really a close second but i like to laugh and Pinkie is funny and reminds me of my 4 yr old daughter. Unspoiled optimism. The need to be liked. Naive trust. Amazing emotionally but uninspiring (shes an earth pony, kinda boring.) But this episode has vaulted Pinkie into my best pony spot.

She is clearly the most empathic pony. Everything she does is selfless. I mean seriously, does Pinkie have a job? RD busts clouds, Twily works for the government, AJ is a farmer, Rarity is a Tailor, Fluttershy is a vet im assuming and they all have their own houses. Pinkie? Throws sick parties and lives (rent freeprobably) with The Cakes. What, if not emotional/spiritual/social support is she providing to the Ponyville community? Her one asset is challenged in this episode and she realizes how fleeting can be the role of class clown can be. I think we have all wanted tobe that pony and we have all failed on some level to live up to it/given to being too "cheesy".

I loved this episode and am going back for thirds and this is the first episode ive watched without my daughter. Brilliant!

• Brohoof 5