472 users have voted

1. 1. Did you like it?

• No, I hated it! >:(
    • I didn't like it.
    • Meh. It was okay.
    • I liked it!
    • I LOVED IT! <3

Actually good?

I'd consider every single song that's been put out as higher than 'good', let alone that song. Such is MLP's standard.
And I would still put Bats and Apples above it, because I totally enjoy them as much as any season 1-2 song.

Different strokes, I guess. 

This thread I'm calling... "Weird Al Yankovic in MLP".

Simply put. What did you think of Weird Al Yankovic as Cheese Sandwich in "Pinkie Pride"? I recognized him right away I've heard a lot of his silly songs. and it was probably the kind of weird MLP needed. Why did Pinkie think that her role as Ponyville party planner was at stake? Would it have been possible for her to share the Party Planning gig? Why do companies have to be in competition that doesn't seem like there needs to be. I believe at the end of the episode Cheese Sandwich said the Pinkie Pie was the reason why he got into the party game. 

But what do you think?

Sincerely, SuperBrony87

This thread I'm calling... "Weird Al Yankovic in MLP".

Simply put. What did you think of Weird Al Yankovic as Cheese Sandwich in "Pinkie Pride"? I recognized him right away I've heard a lot of his silly songs. and it was probably the kind of weird MLP needed. Why did Pinkie think that her role as Ponyville party planner was at stake? Would it have been possible for her to share the Party Planning gig? Why do companies have to be in competition that doesn't seem like there needs to be. I believe at the end of the episode Cheese Sandwich said the Pinkie Pie was the reason why he got into the party game. 

But what do you think?

Sincerely, SuperBrony87

Cheese was lying to Pinkie in order to ease her rampaging jealousy that made her act like a horrible person. He's like a saint.

• Brohoof 1

I liked it. First, Pinkie steps outside of herself a little, stretches and tries new things until she realized that being a party planner was her ultimate destiny.

Then: Weird Al! Who wouldn't love anything that has Weird Al in it?

Finally and last but not least, She got a free rubber chicken! How can you not love that?

• Brohoof 3

Rewatched it. My opinion hasn't changed. I guess it's mainly because I'm not a fan of Pinkie Pie nor like musicals.

You must not have liked Les Miserables... That whole film is singing lines like one big musical with no word or when one musical ends and when another begins all words are sung. It's not a bad film but the version I saw the 2011 film with Hugh Jackman and Russell Crowe in. Every word was sung.

You must not have liked Les Miserables... That whole film is singing lines like one big musical with no word or when one musical ends and when another begins all words are sung. It's not a bad film but the version I saw the 2011 film with Hugh Jackman and Russell Crowe in. Every word was sung.

I should have put "I'm not big on musicals" instead to be honest. I did like some Disney movies that were mostly musicals and even became a musical (The Lion King for example). So yes, there are musicals I've enjoyed.

I should have put "I'm not big on musicals" instead to be honest. I did like some Disney movies that were mostly musicals and even became a musical (The Lion King for example). So yes, there are musicals I've enjoyed.

Well one might think of Musicals as West Side Story... I saw this once cause I saw The Outsiders and Rumblefish and was curious... Little did I know it was just another Romeo and Juliet type story. With occasional gang activity by the Jets and the Sharks who were like The Outsiders Greasers and Socs. At least that films fights was violent and bloody... West Side Story's gang fights... People dance around each other?

I just prefer musicals to have a story, rather than using songs as an excuse not to. Honestly, even Les Mis had pretty big story issues.

Okay, I have a lot of opinions about this episode. One, the guest voice of weird Al: genius! Though, as such a great singer like him, the songs he sang could use a bit more thought.

Two, his character! Al is so random, Cheese Sandwich is the PERFECT character for him! Not much more to say, than, well done with the voice actors, Tara!

• Brohoof 3

Okay, this is my most favorite episode of the entire show. And no, not because of Weird Al. Honestly, I've never even heard about him before this episode aired. But it was episode filled with great humor, amazing songs and just a lot of fun. I love it so so much. 

Edited by Elchar
  • Brohoof 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Did anyone notice the first song in the episode is like the opening number in Beauty and the Beast, and doesn't "Make A Wish" literally sound like a Bubble Guppies song?

Shannon Chan Kent is Pinkie Pie's singing voice for many songs.

The extended version of Make A VWish is available for download from the songs of Ponyville album.

• 1 month later...

I liked it, I liked seeing Pinkie getting challenged in her randomness and I liked Cheese Sandwich :D

• 1 month later...
(edited)

Looooved this episode!  Just when I've been feeling increasingly meh about many episodes, like the show has been loosing something as it goes on, this one pops up and blows me away.  Wowiewowowow!

Edited by Flint Sparklehooves

• 1 month later...

This episode is one of my favorites. The animation, voice acting, and music is all top notch. If someone were new to the show, this is probably the first episode I'd show them. It's cool how Hasbro has gotten better at making these episodes over time - Party of One was just slow-paced in comparison to this. It also involved my two favorite ponies: Pinkie and Dash, so yeah...rock on Cheese!

• Brohoof 1

• 1 month later...

Very good episode=) I didn't think that there is another pony to be able to compete Pinkie in arranging parties... But nevertheless Cheese Sandwich is shown as a keen party planner with valuable experience. Well, at first sight he is mysterious and unpredictable. His manner of speech is serious and formal first I think no one could find out what is his real personality in the beginning of the episode=) But the fact of holding competition between Pinkie and Cheese Sandwich is a bit disappointing for me... They shouldn't have done it, probably, but what is done is done. And in the end of the episode there are two surprising moments, sorry for saying obvious things. They are Pinkie admitting to the fact of getting defeated(even though she wasn't) and then Cheese Sandwich tellling the story of becoming a party thrower...

In general the events of the episode caused sympathy to Pinkie, of course. And it's really great that friendship won=)

• Brohoof 2

• 1 month later...

I like Pinkie's attitude in this episode.  She doesn't show that she is not immune to disappointments.  However, instead of drowning in her failures, and getting the victim attitude, she does her best.  Of course in the end she realized that she didn't need to get jealous.  In the end, being a friend to someone, even if they don't want to back, ended up changing that other person into a good friend.  I confess that Pinkie and Cheese Sandwich do act like a cute couple, don't you think?

image taken from mlp.wikia.com

post-36321-0-37414200-1448170244_thumb.png

• Brohoof 2

• 3 months later...

After watching this episode, "Make A Wish, It's Your Birthday" has become one of my personal favorite songs. I think every brony and pegasister should play this song on their birthdays. I loved the episode in general as well. 

It goes to show you sometimes that intense rivalries can sometimes stem from one individual at one time looking up to and wanting to be like their now rival. Pretty realistic once you think about it.