1. 1. Did you like it?

• No, I hated it! >:(
    • I didn't like it.
    • Meh. It was okay.
    • I liked it!
    • I LOVED IT! <3

• 1 month later...

I really love this episode.

It was really funny and has a great amount of energy going for it that makes it an enjoyable ride all the way through.

Plus all the songs in it were pretty good.

• 6 months later...

This is excessively silly, but it's so joyous as to be totally irresistible. The sheer scale of the musical numbers, and of the stuff Pinkie and Cheese pull off, is delightful, and add in such absurdity as live-action segments of Boneless and Gummy and you have something which is just so goofy and ludicrous that I can't imagine anyone completely resisting its pull. Plus the songs are all energetic and catchy, although there's too many of them to remember a single one right now, and it's all grounded in one of season 4's rare moments of genuine character exploration. We know that abandonment is one of Pinkie's greatest fear, so even the prospect that she could  have been replaced fills her with the need to prove herself. 

Early scenes show us all the ponies who she's brought joy to, and a later scene has her look back on all the parties she's planned, and what makes these so essential is that they demonstrate the pride which leads her to challenge Cheese face-on. I figure she associates her status of "Equestria's premiere party pony" with her friends' approval of her, but she forgets that the reason she wants her friends to like her is because she wants to make them happy. Rainbow Dash gets in the most trouble for her ego, but it's no coincidence that none of them are the Element of Humility. In the end, Pinkie is able to get back to what's truly important, and while I'm not entirely convinced that this is a truly meaningful development for her as a character, it is a really strong moral. Just a delightful episode all around.

Score:

Entertainment: 10/10

Characters: 9/10

Themes: 10/10

Story: 10/10

Overall: 98/100

• 4 months later...

I hate to say it, but this was honestly one of my least favorite episodes of season 4. In fact, it might just be the episode I considered the most lackluster out of the entire season.

Was maybe around a 5-6/10 for me :t

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

I liked this Episode. I found it good that Pinkie realized herself, when it was enough, without needing anyone to tell her, just not sure why she was planning on leaving entirely then.

• 2 months later...
(edited)

I loved this episode it is amazing and one reason is my favorite song is sung in this episode a song by Pinkie Pie I enjoy so much Make A Wish I guess they couldn't fit the who song on the episode though knowing an episodes time is limited so they weren't able to fit the whole song on this episode but still this is one of my favorite episodes and I can always listen to the full song on Youtube I even posted it under Pinkie Pie fan club I just wonder what Hasbro did with the full song since they couldn't all of it on the episode Pinkie Pride I guess the full song just went straight to the album I like the full song even better than the cut version on the episode I'm sure most others do too I wonder if Hasbro will use that song again in the future and use the whole song this time I doubt it but you never know what's really going to happen because I have never heard the same song twice on the show Hasbro like's to change it up so I version will stay an album and Youtube thing But this is still one of my favorite episodes it just tells so much thanks_a_lot_pinkie_pride_by_wazzupponyz-d75cice.thumb.jpg.42cb40a7061fe323bbe3ce45a19d9ada.jpg5ac2bcb154d6c_img-2262127-1-TnHDb1A(1).thumb.png.4aceb57172481fdfdb7b96e793e8788a.png5ab45c6e19e17_cheese_sandwich_by_falexd-d74zq5j172.thumb.png.29e420a9685f355f8324762b5f3f6b41.png5ab4616778b25_pinkie_and_cheese_by_benybing-d77kvud177.thumb.png.2bd314aa048341c980bfc58672794abe.png5ab45f836c49f_6175.thumb.png.a4494be2677a1ec979c6d781ac29fa46.png

6.png

Edited by NathanW200

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

This episode is so much fun, which makes sense because a lot of the episode is just Weird Al being Weird Al. The songs are great, the animation is fantastic, and there are a lot of great jokes. It's a little disappointing that Weird Al just plays a pony version of himself instead of an actual character, but it's so much fun that I don't even care.

Score: 10/10

• 3 weeks later...

Why is this year special as Rainbow’s birthday and anniversary? Wouldn’t be the case every year, or has she only been in Ponyville for a year?

Wow, they turned on Pinky quickly. It does seem like they thought Cheese and Pinky would work together though. Like one party planner is great, so two will be epic. Keeping that in mind, this episode seems to be Pinky’s version of The Mysterious Mare Do Well.

Watching Pinky deflate a balloon in her “They don’t want me song” was actually sad. Poor balloon.

I do like that Cheese was inspired by Pinky when she was young herself, but that ending was sad. He ran away from home? Did he have no family? Did they wonder where he was? I know I’m over analyzing, but that part was kind of depressing. He could have had the same revelation without running away from home.

• Brohoof 2

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Just Wonderful. Everything was just so right in this episode. It had Cheerful music along with funny party scenes, excitement and joy all around. I liked the new character, Cheese as well. He had a nice backstory, and was a really likable pony in many ways. The scene where he tells Pinky how she changed his life was moving, too. These kind of episodes are why I love this show so much.

• 3 months later...

This episode is good. Bringing in Weird Al helps to make the a lot of the episode really fun and while Cheese isn't a great character, he serves his purpose well and is enjoyable to watch.

The story is not great. Pinkie's conflict is very style over substance with the big emotional songs and great animation, but unless the style is really good, the style stops being really impressive. And while the style is still fun, it shouldn't be what the entire episode relies on. Substance needs to take over, but the story doesn't have much substance. The conflict is too contrived to take too seriously with Rainbow literally insulting Pinkie when she's right next to her and Twilight checking up on Pinkie and not recognizing something's wrong. And Pinkie makes such a leap in logic, going from "I'm not the best party planner" to "I shouldn't plan parties". Unlike Party of One where she made a similarly large leap in logic and it was played for comedy, this episode plays it very straight. It's obvious that Pinkie isn't actually going to leave and give up planning parties, so all of that combined makes the conflict pretty dry. 

But the style does help to distract from many of the problems. Pinkie's Lament isn't really a great song and I already mentioned that the conflict she goes through isn't interesting, but the animation is beautiful and Pinkie's singing voice is amazing. The songs in general are really great (except for Make a Wish) and they help to bring the episode up. 

If this episode either had a better story, had better comedy (since in terms of jokes, there's not that much), or made the story more fun, it would be great. But it didn't quite reach the mark for me.

Score: 7/10

• 8 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

Looking back at this episode, putting all the gags and goofs to the side for a moment, it is a highly developmental episode for Pinkie. It really goes to show when you are extremely good at something, you think that when someone who has the same gift area as you comes along, they are out to steal your thunder. This wasn't the case for Cheese Sandwich, and the pre-judgements and initial jealousy was what set everything off. Cheese even stated himself that he was inspired by Pinkie. It's just like everyone in the area of arts. Yes, there's always someone out there that's better than you. Heck, I admit I am jealous of those who can just sit at the piano and play whatever sheets are in front of them. Meanwhile, I can hear a piece and play it after just a few listens. Point is, you can't let jealousy and pre-judgements get in the way of someone with a similar gift like you. It'll end up ruining the chance for possible relationship. 

• Brohoof 1

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have mixed feelings about this episode. On one hand, I like the song, I like Weird Al as a guest, and I kind of like Cheese Sandwich. But things I don't like is that everyone knows Pinkie as a tendency to go crazy when she doesn't have the attention she needs. So by dropping her in favor of Cheese, everyone should've know that Pinkie would not be okay. It's not very nice of her friends to be this inconsiderate towards her. But it's a pretty good setup to make Pinkie make a new friend (no I'll never agree that they'll be anything but), and get her rainbow trinket of destiny.

The first song, and the reprise with Cheese is prob my favorite Pinkie song. And I still play the extended version of Make A Wish every year on my birthday ! They're just so good. And Twilight dancing in the background is soooooo cute :wub:

8-0.5/10, I don't like the Goof Off, it's kind of super cringe so I have to drop the episode by a half point.

• 3 months later...