S04:E12 - Pinkie Pride  

472 users have voted

1. 1. Did you like it?

• No, I hated it! >:(
    • I didn't like it.
    • Meh. It was okay.
    • I liked it!
    • I LOVED IT! <3

Soooo is there anyone who actually hates this episode? I'm curious to see an opinion from someone who thought it sucked because it seems to be getting universal praise.

I don't even see how anyone could vote that they didn't like it. I think this is one of the best episodes to date. But to each their own, I guess  :huh:

• Brohoof 2

OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD! That doesn't even begin to put my excitement into words with this episode. It was probably my favorite episode of the entire season. The songs were amazing, (Weird Al sang the smile song!) the episode was emotional and hilarious at the same time, and as for the characters... Not only did we have Weird Al pony (of course) we also had filly Cheerilee and FILLY DERPY! I swear I nearly died from the cuteness, even if they were just in the background.

Honestly though, Cheese Sandwich's past was kinda sad before he saw Pinkie's party (Kinda reminds me of the way I used to be actually)

• Brohoof 4

I absoulutely ADORED this episode! Pinkie Pie was just so gloriously presented! I glad that we got to see a slight change in Pinkie as she now is more aware of how her friends react to her playfulness and fun. 

And the fact that she may have a potential love interest just gives me the feelz!  :wub: 

• Brohoof 2

I don't even see how anyone could vote that they didn't like it. I think this is one of the best episodes to date. But to each their own, I guess  :huh:

I shall answer your question with a question: What is there to hate? This episode was fantastically written. The characterization was spot-on, the songs were great, and Weird Al a.k.a. Cheese Sandwich was a delightful character. Aside from a few nitpicks a few people have pointed out, I dare say that this was a perfect episode.

Yeah, I agree. There's always bound to be someone though who hates something no matter how much praise it gets. I don't see how anyone could hate this episode so I'm just curious why someone wouldn't like it. According to the poll 4 people didn't like it

Edited by Rivendare

@, Maybe those people are all Gilda and her multiple accounts :lol:

I guess some people don't really care for Pinkie and her antics. I don't see how. Pinkie's shenanigans are the best shenanigans :)  

• Brohoof 2

Yeah, I agree. There's always bound to be someone though who hates something no matter how much praise it gets. I don't see how anyone could hate this episode so I'm just curious why someone wouldn't like it. According to the poll 4 people didn't like it

Well... As I said before, there were a few nitpicks on other peoples' parts.

1.) The fact that Pinkie's friends supposedly "abandoned" her so quickly in favor of Cheese Sandwich. And to this I say: Haven't you ever hopped onto the bandwagon for something? That was exactly what happened; ponies got swept up in the excitement of Cheese Sandwich's arrival and self-declaration as "super party pony" - oh, and that song of his. I would think that people should know how easy it is to get caught up in something like that in the blink of an eye.

2.) I believe someone said that they felt as if this episode portrayed Pinkie as a pony whose life completely revolves around parties. Uh, not quite. The reason she got so upset was because her friends "left" her. And her happiness seems almost as if it is completely dependent on other ponies' - especially her friends' - happiness. She can't make others happy, she cannot be happy. She was depressed, and came to the conclusion that maybe throwing parties wasn't for her after all, what with Cheese Sandwich taking over. That's all. It's not so much the throwing parties that her life revolves around - it's making other ponies happy. Being the Element of Laughter, that makes sense, does it not?

• Brohoof 7

I give this episode a 10/10. It was practically perfect.

Now I'm going to list some EXTREMELY minor complaints, just for fun.

-Cheese Sandwich is a stupid name

-Pinkie's mane didn't go flat like it usually does when she's sad

-Cheese Sandwich is likely gone for good

-A human being can only realistically stay up for a certain amount of time, limiting the amount of times I can watch this wonderful episode in a row

:muffins:

• Brohoof 2

Episode was amazing! Seeing Al Yankovic was great but, i saw filly derpy! what could be better than this!

Ending song felt like im listenning Love is in Bloom, Pizza? really!? cannibal ponies :D, and IRL clips, it was just like a Spongebob episode. As i said an awesome episode. 10/10!

• Brohoof 3

i goddam loooved this episode. the songs were surprisingly good i wasnt really expecting that. the shenanigans were hilariously ridiculous during the songs. cheese sandwich (oh man that name) was awesome, Weird Al was so perfect im not sure anyone else could have played that character. and pinkies random spanish was so **************************************************************** hilarious.

that would be cool if we see Weird Al again, but i highly doubt that he will back 

• Brohoof 2

I always thought Amy Keating Roger was an OK writer. She didn't spark bad or excellent with me.

This episode was AWESOME :D

I have always loved Weird Al's music parodies, so I was super excited when I heard he was going to be a guest voice actor. He is just a funny guy all around.

The conflict that Pinkie faces is very believable. She's faced with someone else stealing her thunder. That hit her hard and I really felt for her.

A lot of songs in this one, I lost count of how many 0_0 but my favorite one was "Make a Wish" (I think that's what it's called). This episode was so fun with all of the animation.

And let me point out the real-life footage of the alligator and the rubber chicken. It was creepy and clever at the same time!

I loved almost everything about this episode except for one thing: The "key" that Pinkie is given was pretty predictable... I knew that Cheese would give her Boneless from the start.

Overall, I LOVED this episode! Not all the songs hit home with me, but that doesn't matter because the episode as a whole was just fantastic.

Kudos to you Amy Keating Rogers :)

• Brohoof 2

Great episode! From the start I was thinking that they should be working together. Turns out that was the point.

Cheese Sandwich was just great, and the way Pinkie brings herself up from her sadness was very well done. Best thing about it, for me, was how well the conflict was presented. Instead of Pinkie's friends shunning Pinkie in favor of Cheese, she shut herself out and then, she may not have had the best of intentions, but her comeback was great, up to the point were she realized that their competition was ruining everything.

Then they work together and make the best party they can, for Dashie. And Pinkie got her "key-rainbowy-thing". Waaaaay better than Rainbow Falls, but not yet as good as Rarity Takes Manehattan. But hey, it's not like the episodes are competing. I like all of them.

The songs weren't spectacular, but they worked pretty well, although I think that Pinkie's Lament was great, as it plays exactly in the best moments of the episode for me.

Season 4 is doing something that I really like and have been hoping that the show would do: show that the Mane Six each, in a way, "excel at what they do" and thus bring those qualities out in ponies. Thank you so much DHX.

EDIT: By the way... She's Pinkie. And She knows it.

Edited by moonlightavenger
  • Brohoof 3

@@FadedSkies,

They had a lot of Derpy cameos this episode. Looks like she'll be a recurring character.

...i'm still waiting for that Luna song and Diamond Tiara song. Make it a duet. I don't know why the two of them would duet but just do it. 

• Brohoof 2

I don't know if you guys saw it but filly Derpy was in the new episode!

2pozhqx.png

I was too busy looking at all the background ponies who looked older than they should have been in that scene actually. :P

But still, at least they got Derpy right! So cute! :wub:

• Brohoof 1

Not a bad episode, and better than a lot of what's been released so far this season. I still think they're struggling a bit, and I think it's becoming rather obvious that the show isn't as good as it was in the first two seasons. Ingram's music is my favourite thing about FiM so I was really looking forward to this episode, but even the tunes were just OK. Hopefully they're saving some good episodes for the 2nd half of the season :/

• Brohoof 1

Dang, that was good. It was a full on musical, which was an interesting twist. I must say I am pleased by the choice of guest talent.

Two things that bother me from a preliminary viewing: I feel like Derpy was overused. It is cool that the animators are putting her in scenes freely, but at the same time, trying to spot her in the background was part of the fun. Second, the party tank. It doesn't bother me in the context of the episode, but the presence of war-based technology in Equestria is... interesting, and I can't help but wonder where it will go within the fandom.

Overall, my first impression of this episode is that it was quite good.

• Brohoof 3

Hello fellow bronies (It's been a while i didn't post, but yeah) 

OK, the episode was OK. The cliffhangers are killing me, too much rainbow XD

But the episode was good, the songs were amazing, and for once pinkie's randomness was useful.