Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

A being you considered to be a myth turn out to be real,what'd be your reaction?

InvaderShy

A mythic creature turns out to be real  

43 users have voted

1. 1. A mythic creature turns out to be real. What'd be your reaction?

• Astonishment
    • Fear
    • Rage
    • Happiness
    • I'd just don't care at all
  2. 2. What would you try to do with that creature?

• Study it. It would be useful in some way.
    • Slay it. It could be dangerous.
    • Contemplate it. Just looking at it for hours without doing anything more.
    • Nothing at all.

Yes, I know a mythological being is only that: a myth. But let's suppose one day the media report that (any mythic creature you'd like to imagine) is real, and there's besides scientific proofs that support it.

What would be your reaction?

I'd be surprised, for sure. Whether it's the Sasquatch, a unicorn (does this mean I get to meet non-princess Twilight Sparkle irl? :D), ghost, dragon, an alien, Zeus, or whatever, I'd be very excited about both the discovery and its implications. If this "mythical creature" turned out to be real, how many others could also exist? It would open up so many possibilities. Is the supernatural now natural? Is science fiction now science reality? 

At the same time, I might be nervous about the very things that make me excited. These mythological creatures can be dangerous. A common way to dispel a fear of ghosts or demons is to simply not believe they exist. What if that's no longer the case? It could be terrifying. 

With that in mind, I'd be careful in approaching this mythological creature. Studying it is great, but care must be taken not to provoke or harm it. I can see great changes being made in the scientific world as well as society itself. Regardless of its positive and negative impact, you can be sure that it will be an exciting time for humanity! 

Well, it depends on the myth. Some things I would go "huh... Okay, I'll have to look it up later", while other things would cause me to burst out with laughter until I realize it's real. (for example, a news report confirming that there are wild unicorns in North Korea.)

Killing a myth just because we fear it would be depressing and we certainly can't just leave a mythic creature alone. So pull out your lab coats, everypony! There's science to do!

Edited by Celtore

Well I could make her useful too.......like cuddling and uhh......housework.....and uhhh...

Working ponies (and other creatures) to exhaustion only to inhumanly dispose of them when they get sick/old is in a lot of people's definitions of "useful". Assuming we're not just going to breed said mythic creature because it's meat is good. And that is not even counting what our species is known to do to it's own species...

Sorry, but I think that your waifu is still better without you. LOL

Working ponies (and other creatures) to exhaustion only to inhumanly dispose of them when they get sick/old is in a lot of people's definitions of "useful". Assuming we're not just going to breed said mythic creature because it's meat is good. And that is not even counting what our species is known to do to it's own species...

Sorry, but I think that your waifu is still better without you. LOL

Nah, with sombra, changelings, the everfree and all the other magical nastys plus the fact that I am a veteran, she would be toats more safer with me lol. But anyway, to get back on topic, If mythical creatures starting becoming real, I feel alot of people would try to live out their inner D&D fantasy's lol. 

• Brohoof 1

Well i imagine i'd be relatively Astonished, maybe happy or scared depending upon the specific creature and the circumstances.

As for what i'd actually do with it? Well probably nothing, i mean I'm not going out of my way to study or do something about it, unless its like involved in my daily life or something, even then i wouldn't do much.

Not to mention i'm kinda lazy anyways lol.

Maybe i'd at best do computer research on it...

Nerd power!

Depends on the creature. If it would be something like Abaddon, kill it, no questions there. If it were a Dragon or Kirin, keep it and study it because they are not inherently "evil".

I would be happy and just be in complete amazement. I would leave it alone though. Watch it and look at it whenever I could get the chance, but leave it to live its life however it chooses. 

Nah, with sombra, changelings, the everfree and all the other magical nastys plus the fact that I am a veteran, she would be toats more safer with me lol. But anyway, to get back on topic, If mythical creatures starting becoming real, I feel alot of people would try to live out their inner D&D fantasy's lol. 

I honestly think that Equestria is yet to see "human levels of evil".

But is is really about personal opinions and it's getting off-topic, so I'll just leave it at that.

I WOULD COVET THIS BEAST AND BECOME THE CREATURE SOVEREIGN!!!

(And I'll never be royal [royaaaal~])

But seriously, like others have said, it depends on the creature O:

What I want to see be real: Unicorns

What I don't want to see real: Sea monsters

However, I don't really want any mythical being to be real. Too complicated. Not a lot of people could probably fathom it and we'd probably wind up killing it anyway.

For all we know, magical, mystical beasts are real but they're either being covered up by the governments or in the wizarding world (like Harry Potter X3)