Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

searching Shifted (OOC)

Arylett Charnoa

(edited)

RP Thread

Posted Image

There were many stories to be told in Equestria, land of the ponies.

Every story blending together, converging onto its very seams and no more ordinary than the other. The keepers of these stories were none other than the great Princess Celestia and Princess Luna, who had lived for many years, and seen the rise and fall of nations. The eldest sister Celestia had known the most of the stories, as she had been about to watch her kingdom for 1,000 years more. She had seen everything there was to see, and all there was to know. Nothing had surprised her...

Except for an odd very unponyish being known as Discord. Hailing from an unusual race known as the draconequui, he had abilities of chaos beyond either of the fair sisters. It was he who had weaved this particular story into a direction the Princess had not foreseen. Though they could contain him within stone, it was never very long before the creature broke out yet again.

And now was no exception.

Discord had once again broken the bonds of his prison, and had used his chaotic abilities to go far beyond the reaches of Equestria... and to do more than Celestia ever would have expected from this trickster spirit. Even Celestia had known that Discord had his limits and was well aware of the universe's balance. She could not contemplate why he would do such a thing, and neither had none of the other ponies. For you see, he had broken the universe's fundamental balance of Order and Chaos by rending it violently and forcibly in the direction of chaos. Without an equal balance of two, the universe's various worlds began to converge onto each other... and Equestria made contact with a far-off land known as Earth.

That day, several glowing cracks opened all across the planet of Earth, near the homes of the humans that had resided there. Sensing something amiss, most of the humans had stayed in their homes away from these. They had a negative energy that had repelled most living things alike. Yet there were some... who were attracted by this energy... and ventured into the cracks...

These humans were travel across space, time, and the universe into Equestria, going past its Sentient Barrier, the barriers that all worlds have that limits the amount of sentient species allowed in them. On earth, the Sentient Barrier was limited to humans only. In Equestria, it was limited to ponies and various other sentient creatures. And never before had anyone crossed the barrier of another world... it was unheard of.

Until now.

Crossing Equestria's Sentient Barrier caused unexpected and erratic results. Unable to handle the introduction of a non-existing sentient species, the humans were converted into the primary sentient species of the world... ponies... and had forgotten their names. Still harboring mostly intact memories of their pasts, they awaken start on the outskirts of the Everfree Forest.

Now left to wonder Equestria, confused, they ponder their fate...
____

Welcome to the Shifted RP! In this RP, you are basically playing as a human transformed into a pony. We will first begin with the former humans merely trying to figure out their pony abilities, very simply. However, as time goes on, they will become increasingly enraveled in the complex politics involving Discord, Celestia, and the Balance of Order and Chaos.

This RP's going to be different from other RPs here, as it will be more advanced and more will be expected out of you. I am looking for a batch of decent RPers on the forums who can hold their own and who are dedicated to keeping this alive. I will do everything in my power to ensure that it doesn't die, and I hope you do the same. You may not be accepted if you do not meet the requirements. But if you are a good to decent writer, you should be all right.

Before you can join though, there are some rules that you are expected to follow.
____

Rules of RP
  • Proper spelling and grammar is expected at all times. I will not chew you out for minor typos, but if it is consistent, I will have to put my foot down.
  • Posts must be at the minimum two sentences. It is highly encouraged though that you write detailed and quality posts, and make them as long as you wish.
  • This RP is expected to go at a slower pace than most. So no repetitive quick posting. In fact, to enforce this, you must wait until at least two people post before you before you post again.
  • If, however, it has been at least one day and only one person has posted before you, you may post again.
  • Note that the above is experimental, and may be changed depending on how well it works.
  • To keep activity up, there will be an activity check every two weeks. If you have not posted in two weeks, your character will be ejected from the RP and your spot will be re-opened for new roleplayers to join.
  • I will be carefully overlooking and approving every character form that is posted. Just because you post it, does not mean you are automatically accepted. If you are accepted, I will quote your post and say Accepted. Until then, you are NOT accepted into the RP and cannot post until I say so. If you are not accepted, I will quote your post and explain what you need to change to become accepted.
  • Alicorns are strictly prohibited. You may only play as an earth pony, a pegasus, or a unicorn.
____

Player List____

Fan Works

[Art] A Meeting with the Princess by PeachPalette
[Art] Shifted Scene by PeachPalette
[Art] Shifted Scene (2) by PeachPalette
[Art] Shifted logo by Wolfe and Silver
[Music]
by Legendary Emerald Edited by Arylett Dawnsborough
  • Brohoof 1

I might be playing in this, my character:

http://mlpforums.com/topic/6652-arty/

Not Accepted

Here's why - You need a bit more detail and depth, particularly on the personality. Also, you should probably change the backstory slightly to fit this RP. I explain below how to do in response to Aureity:

Should we overhaul the backstory of a character we've already made if we want to use that said character?

Yes. But it doesn't really have to be that long. See my character sheet for an example of what I did. I basically left my old backstory whilst including an alternate backstory for this RP specifically.

I threw something together really quickly, but I have to go to bed soon so I apologize if I don't fix the errors until later tomorrow.

http://mlpforums.com...-crystal-flame/

Accepted.

Note, it's okay to have a tragic backstory. Just not an overly tragic one. This one seems within reason, which is why I accepted it. :)

Seems like I have to go make my character in the database then. I'm looking forward to participating in this, but once again I ask. We end up scattered all over Equstria from the start which means we won't meet eachother before later in the play? You will be having a lot of NPC playing to do then, won't you?

Seems like I have to go make my character in the database then. I'm looking forward to participating in this, but once again I ask. We end up scattered all over Equstria from the start which means we won't meet eachother before later in the play? You will be having a lot of NPC playing to do then, won't you?

I never said anything about anypony ending up scattered all over Equestria. All of the humans who arrive in Equestria will be starting off/waking up in the same place - just on the outskirts of the Everfree Forest.

Oh well, that sure is nice. I must have misunderstood something you wrote in your opening post then.

Now left to wonder Equestria, alone and confused, they ponder their fate...

Must've been the part about ALONE that kind of gave me the wrong impression here. Thanks for clearing it out.

Oh well, that sure is nice. I must have misunderstood something you wrote in your opening post then.

Must've been the part about ALONE that kind of gave me the wrong impression here. Thanks for clearing it out.

Fixed that up. Worded less confusingly.

So I've updated my character, let me know if I need to make improvements

http://mlpforums.com/topic/6652-arty/

Accepted.

Okay dokey heres my character.

http://mlpforums.com...colate-brownie/

This is going to be lots of fun, I can feel it in ma' bones.

Not Accepted.

Here's why - You have a few minor typos (luxuray, exeptioanly) in your Personality, but that's not the main reason. You're lacking a backstory, mostly. Why does he have his cutie mark? What did he do as a human?

(edited)

Okey dokey. I assumed the back stories were supposed to be vague n' stuff. But I'll correct that.

Fixed now.

Edited by EldarSteve

(edited)

Okay dokey heres my character.

http://mlpforums.com...colate-brownie/

This is going to be lots of fun, I can feel it in ma' bones.

Accepted. Just make sure to double-check as you still have a few typos. And try to keep the typos from happening in the RP so often. Edited by Arylett Dawnsborough

(edited)

http://mlpforums.com...rt/#entry152081

Here is the char and

New backstory to fit the RP:

Leo was a human living a normal life in earth. He was always curious about extrordinary things and lived a life that he felt was very normal. Until one day crack appeared. Cracks that seemed to cut the reality barrier. Leo felt that those cracks meant trouble and the fact that most people around him were already leaving as fast as they could to barricade inside their homes streangthen that feeling but alas he was too curious for his own good to let it be. He reached the nearest crack and touched it only to lose consiounness to wake up in a strange place unable to remember his name and in a form he has never seen again.

Yea it's small cause I just put the "just happened" events

Edited by Leoc Trixies #1 Assistant

http://mlpforums.com...rt/#entry152081

Here is the char and

New backstory to fit the RP:

Leo was a human living a normal life in earth. He was always curious about extrordinary things and lived a life that he felt was very normal. Until one day crack (should be: a crack) appeared. Cracks that seemed to cut the reality barrier. Leo felt that those cracks meant trouble and the fact that most people around him were already leaving as fast as they could to barricade inside their homes streangthen (should be: strengthened) that feeling but alas he was too curious for his own good to let it be. He reached the nearest crack and touched it only to lose consiounness to wake up in a strange place unable to remember his name and in a form he has never seen again.

Yea it's small cause I just put the "just happened" events

Not Accepted.

Here's why - You're mostly good, it's just you have some tiny and grammatical typos in there. Which I've bolded. I'd suggest proof-reading the rest of your form for them as I found a tiny couple in the rest as well.

The main reason you're not accepted though is because you've posted your backstory in your post. You should pretty much just edit that as an alternative backstory just for Shifted in your character form and stick it under a spoiler, like I have done. If you're not really sure what I'm talking about, see my character form for a reference.

Arylett, I'm sorry to say, but I have to decline on joining this RP, it saddens me greatly to give this anouncement, but I simply won't have enough time to keep myself up to date on the play as well as taking care of school and my primary hobbies.

I wish you all the best of luck for this play, it sounds extremely interesting. I wish I was able to attend.

Have fun y'all!

Not Accepted.

Here's why - You're mostly good, it's just you have some tiny and grammatical typos in there. Which I've bolded. I'd suggest proof-reading the rest of your form for them as I found a tiny couple in the rest as well.

The main reason you're not accepted though is because you've posted your backstory in your post. You should pretty much just edit that as an alternative backstory just for Shifted in your character form and stick it under a spoiler, like I have done. If you're not really sure what I'm talking about, see my character form for a reference.

Done: http://mlpforums.com/topic/6676-lionheart/#entry152081

It's in there now and yea I was never one to proof read :P I cannot even remember how many points have I lost in exp based Rpies cause of silly typos done because I write without looking. I will try to keep that to a minimum

Arylett, I'm sorry to say, but I have to decline on joining this RP, it saddens me greatly to give this anouncement, but I simply won't have enough time to keep myself up to date on the play as well as taking care of school and my primary hobbies.

I wish you all the best of luck for this play, it sounds extremely interesting. I wish I was able to attend.

Have fun y'all!

Aww... I'm sorry to hear that. If you ever want to join later on and find yourself with more time though, there will probably be a spot open for you.

Done: http://mlpforums.com...rt/#entry152081

It's in there now and yea I was never one to proof read :P I cannot even remember how many points have I lost in exp based Rpies cause of silly typos done because I write without looking. I will try to keep that to a minimum

Accepted.

(edited)

I'm currently coming up with an alternate backstory for my character, even though I haven't had an ORIGINAL backstory for him yet... Would you recommend I come up with a standard backstory first, or would I be fine so long as I have the "alternate" backstory set up for this RP? I'd like to know first before I do anything else

Actually, nevermind... I came up with a normal and alternative backstory now... Hope it's to your liking

http://mlpforums.com/topic/6671-electrobolt/#entry151996

Edited by Trixie Helper Electrobolt