Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Cheese Sandwich Fan Club

An Old Head

"Do you think Cheese Sandwich is one of the best ponies ever?"

"I don't think so... I know so!"

XZmJEpC.png

Pinkie Pride's out, and with it is the newest constituent of Equestria's life of the party; Cheese Sandwich! Voiced by Weird Al Yankovic himself, he's energetic, bubbly and loves his parties! And underneath his fun-loving and goofy personality is a sweet tale of how his life was changed by none other than a Pinkie party itself; he loves spreading the good that he learned to love in his youth! So, if you love Cheese Sandwich, have a theory about him, or just want to post some cool fan content about him, this is your place!

:lol:

I myself reckon Cheese Sandwich is definitely the best stallion. Here's my piece on him when I wrote a review for Pinkie Pride:

Best stallion for sure; second favourite pony next to Pinkie Pie. Thanks to Weird Al's injection of fantabulousness into Cheese, we have the best complement to any main character in the show; one that means well, bears a connection to Pinkie, and is full to the brim with his own quirks and traits that make him so distinct and lovable. What I love even more is his tale; I feel that it's an analogy for our fandom. Let me explain how:

Do I speak for most of us when I say that we felt sans identity before we joined the Brony fandom? I know I certainly did; I stumbled across this fandom by chance and it lit up the happiness inside me. It's this fandom that distinguishes itself by being fun-loving, generally optimistic (...feel free to dispute that, but I love the spirit of this fandom) and a place for those wanderers to be taken in, loved, and tolerated... It was just like Cheese, feeling lost about his life, stumbling across the party and it occurring to him what life is all about; happiness, and enjoying yourself. And in further analogy, Cheese set out to try and give something back to the thing that turned his life around for the better; a wild party. Does that sound familiar? I'm thinking duty-bound Bronies who want to give back to the fandom that has helped them so much in the form of creative content. I saw all of this in Cheese Sandwich, and it's revitalised my ceaseless love.

So, what are you guys waiting for? Let's go mad for best stallion.  B)

Edited by Cheese Sandwich
  • Brohoof 16

My girlfriend has been fangirling over Cheese since I gave her the link to the leaked episode. The sad thing is she had never heard of Weird Al's music before that. 

And just a side note, we've both been brony and pegasister since 2011. I was a season one-r, she was a season two-er. Her first ep was "A Canterlot Wedding", mine was the very first episode.

• Brohoof 3

This is how male characters in MLP should be! Cheese Sandwich - best male character! Eat that Flash Sentry, you sucked before, now you suck even more! Cheese Sandwich made this day. He appeared perfectly, perfectly showed itself, and then perfectly gone away in sunset. He and Pinkie made best party ever! 

• Brohoof 1

Cheese Sandwich is an awesome character. But doesn't beat Maccy

( :3 I literally love him, I mean look at this guy!)

post-17001-0-05047800-1391348536.png

for best stallion. I give him second best stallion, and about 10th-ish best pony.

BUT WEIRD AL IS STILL BEST MUSICAL ARTIST.

post-17001-0-33245500-1391348944.gif

• Brohoof 1

I didn't think any stallion could compete with the awesomeness that is Big Macintosh for my favorite stallion, except for maybe Braeburn but Cheese Sandwhich has proven that is indeed possible.

Edited by EarthbendingProdigy
  • Brohoof 1

I can't believe they named him Cheese Sandwich. It's a really bad name IMO.

I personally think it fits him perfectly. Weird Al is a very... well, weird person. So, it'd only be natural to have a weird name to go along with the character.

I really enjoyed watching "Weird Al" Yankovic play his role here as one of the most hilarious, energetic, and most in-depth characters of MLP (IMO). I really loved all the detail that was put into Cheese Sandwich's back story; how he was once a terribly shy colt without any sense of identity; how a party thrown by none other than Pinkie Pie inspired him and gave him a sense of purpose. It changed his life. As seen in Pinkie Pride, he has gone great lengths to spread fun and joy throughout the land of Equestria. Thanks to Pinkie Pie he had found his identity, his place in life, and he only wants to give to everypony what was given to him. Flipturn explained all that beautifully in his elegantly written review. :)

It was amazing to see Pinkie Pie and Cheese Sandwich establish a wonderful rapport towards the end of the episode. :)

So overall, he is by far my favorite stallion! :D

cheese_sandwich_by_masemj-d72aqxp.png

• Brohoof 2

he makes a great shipping partner for Pinkie Pie!

I personally feel that they would be better off as friends. Sharing a relationship of resemblance to Pinkie Pie's friendship with Bubble Berry in the somewhat popular fanfic, On a Cross and Arrow

Then again, I am not much of a shipper myself. So this is all just personal opinion and preference. :)

• Brohoof 2

I didn't know that was his name, until I started watching it.  So I just busted out laughing when I first heard it, and from there it was just a really hilarious and fun episode.

I just hope they use him again at some point, because he was great in the episode. 

Edited by SBaby
  • Brohoof 1