Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

TCB: Why not just destroy our minds?

Bendy

Why not just destroy our minds?

It basically would be Borg TCB, just not us actually being turned into Ponies. I'm not saying I'm Pro TCB, for I am against something that behaves like the Borg.

Make us timid and behave like a telebubby and we even think we're a Pony.

As in like turning us something like the Collectors (just in the mind) from Mass Effect, yeah we would be slaves to the Ponies, but at least keep our bodies and species won't go extinct, still able to breed, but still a slave to the Ponies.

And some Pro Human Ponies could help us regain our minds.

Turning us all into Ponies (with free will and the same person as before) would just make us kill them in most cases.

Edited by Rush

• 3 months later...
(edited)

HLF propaganda! Ponification is a life, not enslavement!

Well, the Ponies from TCB are ridding us of our humanity. So I view that as evil.

Warping our minds is slavery, no better than the Reapers from Mass Effect. 

Note: Torrez, this is a old thread bump you made.

Edited by Rush

Well, the Ponies from TCB are ridding us of our humanity. So I view that as evil.

Warping our minds is slavery, no better than the Reapers from Mass Effect.

Note: Torrez, this is a old thread bump you made.

For you it is enslavement, for me being a pony is liberation.
  • Brohoof 1

What if it was a Reaper that did it to you? Would you call that liberation?

Am I really going to have to play Tirek's advocate again?

Look TCB is not a uniform setting. There's different interpretations of the rules and motivations involved. The proposed scenario of mollifying us is just as valid as any other as far as "canon" goes. It's not one I care for, but hey! It's your version. 

Amen to that! Keep in mind though, it depends on the setting. Some versions have the process alter the mind. Others, you stay the same person you are.

Am I really going to have to play Tirek's advocate again?

Look TCB is not a uniform setting. There's different interpretations of the rules and motivations involved. The proposed scenario of mollifying us is just as valid as any other as far as "canon" goes. It's not one I care for, but hey! It's your version. 

Amen to that! Keep in mind though, it depends on the setting. Some versions have the process alter the mind. Others, you stay the same person you are.

No, I don't think the canon show promotes the assimilation of all humanity into dumb girly pastel horses.

Nor do canon ponies behave like Reapers from Mass Effect.

• Brohoof 1

No, I don't think the canon show promotes the assimilation of all humanity into dumb girly pastel horses.

No I meant "canon" as in what's established as per TCB setting. Fallout Equestria has it's own canon for instance.

(edited)

No I meant "canon" as in what's established as per TCB setting. Fallout Equestria has it's own canon for instance.

At any rate, humanity should find a way to smash the barrier to stop humans from becoming ponies. If the barrier was not intentionally made by the ponies, be at peace.

However, if the ponies did make the barrier, then proceed to bomb them into submission and force them into surrendering, and then place Equestria under military occupation to keep the ponies in line.

Edited by Rush

Don't you think though, that's going too hard in the other direction?

If the ponies are like those of canon, as you and are treating them in our respective versions, you're just being the aggressor and firing on a peaceful race.

Same reason that my Fic were Humanity uses the UNSC Infinity to break the barrier and glass Equestria while having a party with the arbiter is still frowned upon.

If the ponies are like those of canon, as you and are treating them in our respective versions, you're just being the aggressor and firing on a peaceful race.

Suffer not the Xenos to live.

(edited)

Am I seriously the only one who likes this setting but DOESN'T want genocide?!

I mean what happened to this?!

I would like to point out that you are not the only one who is un happy with how the ponies and especially Celestia are portrayed in most of those fics.

That's why I've tried to keep the ponies' and especially Celestia as close to canon as I can for my version.

Edited by Steel Accord

(edited)

If canons we won't (should not attack) attack them, and I would protect them in any way I can.

If Borg TCB Ponies make them suffer but not kill all the ponies. Place TCB Equestria under occupation to ensure humanity is safe.

Edited by Rush

If canons we won't (should not attack) attack them, and would protect them in any way I can.

If Borg TCB Ponies make them suffer but not kill all the ponies. Place TCB Equestria under occupation to ensure humanity is safe.

I guess that makes sense. It's just that you're kind of assuming TCB ponies are bad by default, as opposed to being interpretational. I mean, some stories do portray them as the heroes, trying to save man from a dying world.

I personally hate both versions, but why do you think I'm writing my own?!

I mean, some stories do portray them as the heroes, trying to save man from a dying world.

By a human's perspective those 'heroes' would be considered demon spawn out to reap humanity's souls.

I'm looking forward to your story.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

By a human's perspective those 'heroes' would be considered demon spawn out to reap humanity's souls.

I'm looking forward to your story.

I'm grateful, but may I ask why in particular?

I guess I shouldn't look a gift horse in the mouth, but I have to wonder. You've just seemed so obstinent to the very idea of the setting so far.

Edited by Steel Accord

(edited)

I'm grateful, but may I ask why in particular?

I guess I shouldn't look a gift horse in the mouth, but I have to wonder. You've just seemed so obstinent to the very idea of the setting so far.

Well, your story does not involve the total annihilation of humanity's culture, ideals, mind, body and 'soul' (if souls exist) and no Borg TCB Ponies. Edited by Rush