Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

The Third Pie Sister: Prepare To Have Your Mind Blown

Batbrony

Sometimes I like to just drop a grenade and run away.  This is one of those times.  B)

So, I think we're all agreed that "Pinkie Pride" was a laughapalooza of random, whacky zaniness and just plain 110% unadulterated awesome, no?  Pretty much every second of it was unpredictable, agreed?  Well, last night I'm pretty sure I found the biggest "what the buck" moment of the entire episode, no joke, and it will probably surprise most of you, so brace yourselves for what I'm about to tell you.

*deep breath*

Pinkie Pie has a third sister.

No, you didn't misread that, and I'm not yanking your chain, I'm telling ya'll there's a third Pie sister, cross my heart, hope to fly, stick a cupcake in my eye!  Don't believe me?  Well then, take a gander at this...

Up until now, this has been the extent of Pinkie's family as far as we know:

img-2263186-1-Pinkie_Pie_dancing_with_fa

Ya got Pinkie Pie, Inkie Pie, Blinkie Pie, Cloudy Quartz (Pinkie's mom), and Igneous Rock (Pinkie's dad).  HOWEVER, in the latest episode, right in the middle of the song "Pinkie's Lament" (if you want to confirm this I believe you can see the photo at the 10:00 mark), we saw a family photo of Pinkie and her family at the first party she ever held.  The whole family was there... AS WELL AS THIS FILLY IN THE BOTTOM RIGHT HAND CORNER!!!!!!!!!!!  :o

img-2263186-2-DLiqQKK.png

img-2263186-3-7467c78954470032f3ea7e2525

This is quite obviously not Inkie or Blinkie, they're both quite clearly in the photograph along with Pinkie, her mom, and her dad.  Soooooo... WHO THE BUCK IS THIS?!?!

I shared this with DashForever last night while we were chatting on Skype, and he was equally perplexed.  Who is she???  Is she a cousin, or is she really the lost Pie sister we've never seen nor heard of?  What happened to her?  Why have we never heard of her?  Are there dark secrets and skeletons buried in our dear Pinkie's closet?  Did Pinkie repress the memory of her third sister?  Is this Pie sister a changeling?  A figment of Pinkie's imagination?  Her dark alter-ego?  Or is this simply retconning of the absolutely most absurd kind on DHX's part?  :lol:

Whatever the case, I don't think there's any denying that this is kind of a big deal, even if it only showed up in the episode for about five seconds.  This character did not exist AT ALL until yesterday in MLP canon, but as far as I can tell the evidence now points to one thing and one thing only: that she's supposed to be related to Pinkie Pie in some way, shape, or form, most likely as a sister.  What's her name?  Stinkie Pie, Drinky Pie, Linky Pie, We-Don't-Care-Enough-To-Remember-You-When-We-Recall-Old-Memories-ie Pie?  Will she show up in the future?

The possibilities are endless, so go, go my minions, discuss this mind-blowing turn of events!!!!!  Just how much of what you thought you knew are you now questioning as a result of this revelation?  I'd like to know very much!  B)

Edited by Batbrony
  • Brohoof 3

Writers, you've got some explaining to do!

I never knew that Pinkie Pie had a third sister because, originally in Cutie Mark Chronicles as we all know she has two sisters: Inkie and Blinkie Pie. I want to know more about Pinkie Pie's family history to see who her third sister is, now my mind is officially blown and now I await for a canon name for her.  :lol: 

• Brohoof 2

Pinkie Pie has a third sister? I'm calling her Thinkie. Because you have to think about her a lot due to her not being there during the Cutie Mark Chronicles!

GEDDIT?

• Brohoof 3

When i first saw her and had a small glimpse of her i kinda shrugged it off and said it was maybe Pinkie's Granny from her Giggle at the Ghostie Song, but after rewatching that scene..well, it'd be pretty odd for her granny to look younger than her parents xD

Edited by Pinkazoid~
  • Brohoof 1

When i first saw her and had a small glimpse of her i kinda shrugged it off and said it was maybe Pinkie's Granny from her Giggle at the Ghostie Song, but after rewatching that scene..well, it'd be pretty odd for her granny to look younger than her parents xD

Even Granny Smith's not that small, so no way that's her Granny Pie, and besides, like you said, she looks younger than her parents!  My mind is still reeling from this revelation, and it's almost been 24 hours since I saw the episode.  :blink:

I'm calling her Clyde Pie, if only to fit the fanon Pac-Man ghosts name tradition. B)

Makes about as much sense as her inexplicable appearance does, so why the buck not?  ^_^

• Brohoof 1

what if she was a cousin or something? actually I try not to make assuptions before anything is canonized by the show itself.

(perhaps she could have been missplaced by some random animator that thought that she had 3 sisters instead of 2 :x)

Whatever the case, I don't think there's any denying that this is kind of a big deal, even if it only showed up in the episode for about five seconds.  This character did not exist AT ALL until yesterday in MLP canon, but as far as I can tell the evidence now points to one thing and one thing only: that she's supposed to be related to Pinkie Pie in some way, shape, or form, most likely as a sister.  

Ahem.

This is false.

She was ALSO in the official Pinkie Pie and the Rockin' Ponypalooza Party book.  So no, she was NOT just suddenly introduced into MLP canon that day.

Edited by Empress Pinkamena
  • Brohoof 1

Ahem.

This is false.

She was ALSO in the official Pinkie Pie and the Rockin' Ponypalooza Party book.  So no, she was NOT just suddenly introduced into MLP canon that day.

Well this is honestly the first I've even ever heard of the official Pinkie Pie and the Rockin' Ponypalooza Party book, so you'll have to forgive me for the oversight.  Thanks for the heads up, but again, honestly, I can't imagine too many bronies have read that book either.  Not saying that you're wrong, I just think it's more than understandable that most bronies have no idea who that character is since it sounds like until now all she has shown up in has been a very obscure piece of official merchandise.

Well this is honestly the first I've even ever heard of the official Pinkie Pie and the Rockin' Ponypalooza Party book, so you'll have to forgive me for the oversight.  Thanks for the heads up, but again, honestly, I can't imagine too many bronies have read that book either.  Not saying that you're wrong, I just think it's more than understandable that most bronies have no idea who that character is since it sounds like until now all she has shown up in has been a very obscure piece of official merchandise.

Do not worry, if not all bronies are aware of the comics, much less will be aware of any of the books, so, your mistake is understandable

Pinkie, Inkie, Blinkie, and Clyde?

No, seriously, everyone's asked this question, and as I'm sure somepony's mentioned, there was a book with Pinkie Pie's older sister in it. I can clearly understand that not that many ponies have read the books.

It still would have been nice for the writers to put the third sister in the Cutie Mark Chronicles episode. So the real question is, where was she?

• Brohoof 1

Pinkie Pie killed her and the reason she isn't in the Cutie Mark Chronicles is because Pinkie has repressed her memories of stabbing her so all flashbacks have her mysteriously missing.. But photo evidence suggests otherwise.