Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Bug out vehicle

Fluttershyfan94

A motorcycle. They're small, nimble, and you can fit a surprising amount of supplies on one. Not to mention their great fuel efficiency compared to cars, though they don't have the largest gas tanks.

• Brohoof 1

On 2/2/2014 at 8:17 PM, Fluttershyfan94 said:

So, what's up for discussion? What would be your preferred bug out vehicle and why?

First.... Hello @Fluttershyfan94 it's so cool to see you from the past! :mlp_yeehaa:

I don't own a car. But if I had a car, it would probably be a more sporty car than a bug out one.

(edited)
21 minutes ago, Super Splashee said:

First.... Hello @Fluttershyfan94 it's so cool to see you from the past! :mlp_yeehaa:

I don't own a car. But if I had a car, it would probably be a more sporty car than a bug out one.

Yo sup dude thanks swedebro, bruh like bug out vehicle should be a truck in my opinion so a sporty truck like a ford raptor maybe haha. I'm still all about the land cruiser life literally have had a couple not once do they have any problems and they just look pretty cool like my past self posted the lc80 is sick dude. 

Edited by Fluttershyfan94
  • Brohoof 1

If I could have any vehicle to make a speedy escape in, then it would be a helicopter of some description.

Preferably something like Jock's black helicopter from Deus Ex. That thing got JC Denton to everywhere he needed to go in a hurry.

340?cb=20110905133308&path-prefix=en

Problem with relying on that specific helicopter to make a hasty escape in real life is that it is fictional. Also helicopters, nifty for flying over all types of terrain, finding parking spots would be a nightmare if there is no open ground. Unless I had a strong bit of rope or a ladder. So my legs would have to suffice I think. I might not have the speed, but at least I won't have to worry about traffic or path blocking hazards. And if it's an enemy I'm escaping, more stealthy on foot. Nuclear explosion, I suppose I could travel by fridge. But then again, I'm pretty sure that's fictional. But in the face of certain doom, why the heck not?

• Brohoof 2

1 minute ago, Fluttershyfan94 said:

@Super Splashee I mean it's high so that's a plus though I'd have thought a swedebro would drive a volvo like a volvo laplander.

1979 Volvo C202 Laplander 4x4 for sale on BaT Auctions - sold for ...

I haven't seen a laplander in forever! Wow! image.png

Just now, Fluttershyfan94 said:

@Super Splashee They are super popular around here, so a lot of them are used like as hunting cars you know perfect bugout vehicle.

There are super rare in Sweden. I saw one military painted one a few years back.

Just now, Super Splashee said:

There are super rare in Sweden. I saw one military painted one a few years back.

Nice, there are like four or five just like that in my small town alone haha some are like vans, pickups, RVs etc. People here love restoring them for some reason, it might have something to do with them being popular similar to how the Ford Econlines are super popular here for the same reason. Yet these are of course perfect as bugout vehicles as there are so many of them so its easy to get parts and as most of them are already lifted and converted to an RV you could literally just buy one for cheap without much trouble.

(edited)

If I can get a Willys MB today,then that's the vehicle for me, cause it can go anywhere for what I saw on youtube :wacko:

1944_willys_mb_jeep_1554999806d208495d20

Edited by Princess Moony
  • Brohoof 1

@Super Splashee @Princess Moony My great grandfather had a willys back in the day as he worked for the army, from what I've heard he loved it. The jeep always have that classic look to them, lot of them have become brodozers today. Speaking of Jeeps, the Jeep gladiator from back in the 1970-1980s was a really cool jeep pickup. What I've heard is they have become increasingly rare today. While in my opinion being some of the coolest trucks ever made in my opinion.

Weekly Craigslist Hidden Treasure: 1980 Jeep J10 4x4 | CarBuzz

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

I'm tempted to go with a half-track or something with lots of armor. But when you think about it, you'd want something that won't get stuck in the mud and can cover any terrain. So, if I can choose anything...

Episode 4 a new hope episode iv GIF - Find on GIFER

Look ma, no wheels!

Edited by Dreambiscuit

5 hours ago, Dreambiscuit said:

I'm tempted to go with a half-track or something with lots of armor. But when you think about it, you'd want something that won't get stuck in the mud and can cover any terrain. So, if I can choose anything...

Episode 4 a new hope episode iv GIF - Find on GIFER

Look ma, no wheels!

That gif makes it look so flawless. However I remember in the VHS there were blurred out wheels :dash:

16 hours ago, Super Splashee said:

That gif makes it look so flawless. However I remember in the VHS there were blurred out wheels :dash:

Ah yes, the VHS format always made the effects stand out. They used to look a bit like an orange smear underneath. (But ya gotta love the art of those cool old effects!) 

• 2 years later...