Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Double Rainboom Taken Down

Shift

Wow, that's pretty shocking, to say the least.

I don't see why he couldn't have left it up AND continued on to his actual career.

It's not like Double Rainboom would have held him back merely for existing.

It's not like it's a huge loss, but I thought it was well done for being fan-made.

What kind of dick move was that? What kind of excuse to toss out one of the fandom's greatest achievements is because you wanted to advance in your filmmaking career?

Unless Zach was lying when he said how much of a success Double Rainboom was, I honestly do not understand his reasoning for taking it down at all. Several other people worked hard on it, and while it wasn't the best thing to happen, it was still an impressive achievement made by the brony community.

My initial reaction is very disturbed, even as someone who never watched it (and pretty much understood it to be full of excessive references) but I'm eager to know if there's something more to this.

Certainly if some sort of company were asking him to remove it, then they wouldn't like being labelled as the reason for removal. If that's the case, it's actually pretty noble of him to accept the blame on himself - although it's still unclear whether it's his decision to remove it, or not.

This is why I'm glad I've seen better arrangements. For instance, the Saxxy award-winning video "Lil' Guardian Pyro" was uploaded once by each contributor to it. It just happened to get the most views on the account of the most popular contributor.

• Brohoof 1

My initial reaction is very disturbed, even as someone who never watched it (and pretty much understood it to be full of excessive references) but I'm eager to know if there's something more to this. Certainly if some sort of company were asking him to remove it, then they wouldn't like being labelled as the reason for removal. If that's the case, it's actually pretty noble of him to accept the blame on himself - although it's still unclear whether it's his decision to remove it, or not. This is why I'm glad I've seen better arrangements. For instance, the Saxxy award-winning video "Lil' Guardian Pyro" was uploaded once by each contributor to it. It just happened to get the most views on the account of the most popular contributor.

My initial reaction is very disturbed, even as someone who never watched it (and pretty much understood it to be full of excessive references) but I'm eager to know if there's something more to this. Certainly if some sort of company were asking him to remove it, then they wouldn't like being labelled as the reason for removal. If that's the case, it's actually pretty noble of him to accept the blame on himself - although it's still unclear whether it's his decision to remove it, or not. This is why I'm glad I've seen better arrangements. For instance, the Saxxy award-winning video "Lil' Guardian Pyro" was uploaded once by each contributor to it. It just happened to get the most views on the account of the most popular contributor.

It's not about Hasbro wanting to cover up this C&D, it is likely about Zach not wanting to face the consequences of committing plagarism.

It kinda seems to me that he just took it off without reason. Nevermind the other people that got credited about it... but why would he even take it down? Why the hell? What actually happened now for it to be taken down?

It kinda seems to me that he just took it off without reason. Nevermind the other people that got credited about it... but why would he even take it down? Why the hell? What actually happened now for it to be taken down?

Apparently the episode had a lot of critism. So he saw ot as a failure

You're forgetting Hasbro ASKED him to take it down.

You are all forgetting Hasbro asked him to take it down, he was lying to the community and is probably STILL lying to his team.

@,That is simply your paranoid conspiracy-theory-filled mind. Jesus fucking Christ not everything is done because Hasbro tell you so... you flippin Cassandras spreading doom and gloom everywhere. I will say it how the internet did. "Pics or it didn't happen." aka SHOW ME FACTS, tangible facts documents and the creators talking about this. Otherwise you're all BS.

@, Actually Digibrony had a positive review about it... and so did BronyCurious a bit. The thing is you people are over-demanding and forget that Sonic Rainboom showed that if fans together co-operate they can do pretty much anything. Sonic Rainboom didn't try to mimic Friendship is Magic... it could not since it was created by different people... 

It certainly was refreshing and wasn't mean to promote any crazy morals... it just was something created out of passion and fun.

It seems however that some bullshitting fans insist on pointing out that it was a failure and stuff thus pressing the creators to taking it down. You guys took the "fun" out of Sonic Rainboom. You are guilty... accept it.

@,That is simply your paranoid conspiracy-theory-filled mind. Jesus fucking Christ not everything is done because Hasbro tell you so... you flippin Cassandras spreading doom and gloom everywhere. I will say it how the internet did. "Pics or it didn't happen." aka SHOW ME FACTS, tangible facts documents and the creators talking about this. Otherwise you're all BS.

@, Actually Digibrony had a positive review about it... and so did BronyCurious a bit. The thing is you people are over-demanding and forget that Sonic Rainboom showed that if fans together co-operate they can do pretty much anything. Sonic Rainboom didn't try to mimic Friendship is Magic... it could not since it was created by different people...

It certainly was refreshing and wasn't mean to promote any crazy morals... it just was something created out of passion and fun.

It seems however that some bullshitting fans insist on pointing out that it was a failure and stuff thus pressing the creators to taking it down. You guys took the "fun" out of Sonic Rainboom. You are guilty... accept it.

I did not mind it. It was not the best thing ever but it could veen worst. The oroblem is that they promoted it as an eoisode when they were planning a parody. Ut wasn't bad but people let their expectations get the best of them

@Nioniosbbbb Three pages ago we were discussing the email he showed to his team saying that Hasbro asked him to take it down, go read that conversation before you act like we're making shit up

Also if the "email" is real (which there is no evidence to support) wouldn't that mean he did notify his team? I'm seeing two stories of why he's an asshole, but they are conflicting stories. Also they seem to have many roots in 4chan... I am starting to suspect no one has any real evidence and I'll make an assumption when some actual concrete evidence comes forward.
@, Mist just said it all. I hear "Ripped off puppets" Occam's razor... about the last one...

You're using it like you know what it means... do you? Or do you not? Did you just hear the simplified version that was said in that movie? Hmmm? I don't even remember now...

Basically the way you used it was incorrect.

I don't think Hasbro would care if he used some of their puppets in order to create a work... also as stated above i question the originality of the email because as said causes controversy with the "fact" that the team did not get informed. 

Also notice how it says "Keep it to yourselves"? This could easily be considered bait to anyone out there. The moment someone would see the "Keep it to yourselves" part he would instead instinctively do JUST that. You just bit the bait... and you bit it hard and latched on it because someone wanted to cause fuss about Hasbro taking stuff down.

Hasbro is an ass... Molestia, Derpy, Fighting is Magic are few of the things it has censored. Consider however the following... in each heavy drama was created by the bronydom. To summarize it... Hasbro has had enough of our bullshit... our whinning, and more. So next time PLEASE consider. Who is the guilty one... Hasbro or you?

Basically your evidence is flawed and suspicious, not to mention that i believe you're exaggerating and making controversies with yourself as does the mail. The "mail" says that he had permission for the stuff he used, but then you say later that because he "ripped off" the puppets he was ordered to take it down. The team wasn't informed but this mail says it was. The thing was almost a year up and just now Hasbro remembered to take it down? This mail says they knew about it all along. THIS... DOESN'T... MAKE... SENSE.

@, I don't think it was a parody... and people seem to have unrealistic expectations of fan-made things. It's seriously annoying sometimes. Everyone expected something awesomely cool that would resemble FIM. Well it wasn't... and everyone started whinning... like little babies. Go home...

People keep saying stuff like Snowdrop was better... well i for one didn't like snowdrop. The animation might have been better but there are other things that don't make sense about Snowdrop. Like why the hell was she forced to fly out in the cold gustling winds? What the actual hell?

Anyways i just believe the criticism was done with wrong standards and rules.