Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open The liberation of new Diaxion- operation: horned owl ( one spot open.)

Vae Victis

"What's the matter, doc? You look like you've just shit a brick. Reality finally catch up with you on where we're going?" He chuckled. He then put the rifle strap over his head and picked up the tank rifle. He stood up and prepared himself to pelt out the door when the vehicle stopped.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Moonlight Fire rolled her eyes, massaging her temple with her hoof. "You guys are already giving me a headache. Once again, not a fan of conversations," the medic growled, irritated. This team definately felt like a band of misfits, but she had no choice but to trust them. She had to.

"Whatever man. I read your file, heard you can't shoot for shit. I could nail you right between the eyes if I wanted to, and you wouldn't even know what was coming or where it was coming from before it's too late. Your pal, though I can relate to. I actually feel bad for him, he actually has to put up with you all the time." He said. He then took out his earpiece and tucked it in a pocket on his belt.

Neuro chuckled. "I won't have to aim at all as your relatively small cognitive capacity will be..." He didn't get to finish his sentance, as Lon banged at the roof of his pilot calsule. "Shut up Neuro, clearly these ponies are far more experienced than you are... This is warfare! Stoo trying to mess with these fella's, you'll only stress them out, and you'll annoy me as well." He yelled at him. He then spoke to the changeling as well. He ain't so bad when you get to know him. He's just a bit too swanky about his braincells... He'll learn how to act on the battlefield very quickly..."

Neuro didn't stop. "Buck you Lon and your sentiment for weak-minded..." He was interrupted again. "I SAID SHUT UP!" Lon yelled. "Seriously, you are even more annoying than usual right now..." He added at a lower tone of voice. Neuro sighed and shut his face. "I haven't trained all my life to protect a spoiled brat, so you better start acting to the intelligence that you have..." He preached on. "Right, sorry guys, Neuro wont be talking for a while. Ain't that lovely?" He said jokingly to the crew.

Comet looked out the window and quickly lost all sense of humor and mockery. "Oh... My... That is not good... Buck..." he said, putting his earpiece back in and locking a bullet in the chamber. All he saw was hundreds of mechanised soldiers. "Well... *gulp* I guess I'll see you on the other side, if we make it..."

The driver yelled back again. " 5 minutes till hot zone entry"

Tyrias stood up and yelled, exerting a side he didn't like to show. " COMET, NUERO, LOCK IT DOWN! NOW! you are acting like a bunch of immature children! We are heading into a combat situation. Lives can be lost! Now quit fighting amongst yourselves, and save it for the enemy! You there, comet, I don't know what beef you have with everyone today, but you better get over it. Real quick. And where did all that bravado go

A minute ago? this is real life. This is war. So prepare. We're going in, scared or not!"

He also spoke to the earpiece/mic. " and nuero, do not test me today. I might be able to tolerate a slight smart ass whimsical nature, but not when it's affecting the team! Prepare to drop. I-72 is just ahead. And don't worry.... That's for the main army. The thing we are hunting is bigger than those. And by the way nuero... About the hacking. In theory it would work. However, flare has encrypted them with viruses if we try to hack into an automaton. The whole battle network could get infected."

He sat down and drew a breath. God help him lead this group. " everyone... We are about to experience full combat. Ready yourselves. Remember. Use the debris from skyscrapers and abandoned vehicles as cover. The group we are fighting contains 30 automatons, all on foot. We get through them, it should be slim pickings until we reach the commanding automaton."

Moonlight took a breath and slung her bag of medical equipment around her neck, simultaneously picking up her small gun. She wasn't a great shooter, but she could move quick, and would be ready to run to the injured.

The mare shot a glare at Comet, still irritated at his previous out bursts. "I hope he can keep that in check on the battlefield," she murmured under her breath.

Lon heard the captain call the soon to come dropping. "Right, hit the switch, pull the lever, press the button... No need to wait." He said as he made his final preparations. He then spoke to Neuro. "I need you to keep your wit about you. We need to work together now, so stay focused." He said. Neuro just nodded and adjusted his seating. He did start to get a little nervous now...

Neuro had heard the captains remark. He wanted to tell him that he could hack the hardware, hack offline or decrypt any encryption flare would throw at him, but he thought that that he had already made up his mind, so he didn't bother...

So they were almost there? Finally. Asteron had heard more than enough of the bickering and childishness from his fellow team members. He picked up his rifle and checked the axe on his back, getting up and preparing to charge in. If nothing else, this seemed like a good day to die.

(OOC-I'm really sorry for not posting, I have been very busy with school and my laptop has been freaking out so that has limited me posting :( Sorry for the delay )

Judith got up from her seat and stood in front of the group, 

"My name is Judith, but you can call me Judy for short. I am ranked as a second lieutenant, and prefer to do close quarters combat using a rapier that has a burning tip." Pulling out her pistol, she points it straight up into the air. "This little baby right here is a 9mm with armor piercing rounds. On my forehoof here, I have a cloaking device which has a 60 second use with a minute and a half recharge rate. As for something about me, when I was nine, I was in a small group of other child soldiers. So that means I am no stranger to combat and fighting under pressure."

Judith moved her hair back behind her ear nodded at the other soldiers around her, and sat back down where she was sitting just a few minutes ago.

Silence. Then, gunfire pointed at the convoy from the freeway. He driver yelled " HOTZONE REACHED! READY TO DISEMBARK AT CAPTAIN TYRIAS's COMMAND!"

The vehicle stopped. The armor plateing protected the team, albeit temporarily. The back hatch opened, so the team could exit. Tyrias opened the comm link to Lon and nuero. " Nuero, Lon, drop now! We are here! Everyone else, out! Use the debris as cover! Lets go!"

Tyrias charged out head first. He pulled out sinner, preferring to only use one gun for increased accuracy. He went around the truck, and hid behind a car. Enemy fire was abundant. They had made a little outpost from debris. That outpost would be taken by the angels. A straggler automaton charged tyrias's position. Tyrias popped out, and shot the automaton in its head, where the central mainframe was. He called out to the rest of the team while ducking back down. "

Base model private automatons! Weaklings! Small firearms get easy kills! Take the outpost!"

Tyrias ran out from the car toward the outpost. As he was running, he popped two more automatons in the head with pinpoint accuracy as he made his way a large, collapsed piece of wall. The skyscrapers around the freeway had a second use after all. Providing cover after falling. He waited on the rest of the team to push up with him.

Gareth ran out of the vehicle, glad that this was war-torn, or it could have gone badly quick. He ran behind cover, staying behind the debris to avoid being seen. He did not want to waste his cloaking device yet. Seeing the automatons, Gareth got into position behind a collapsed balcony. He eyed a group of those damned robots, and grabbed his sword. Activating the super-heated weapon, he turned on his cloaking device. He dove into the group and sliced the first two with one swoop. He prepared himself and ran towards another three. 30 seconds left on his cloak. He swung his sword at two of them, connecting with the waist of them. He quickly ran back behind a car as his cloak charged back.

When the hatch opened, Asteron did what any good Minotaur would do: he lowered his head and charged forward. Seeing a group of automatons blocking his way forward, he swung his axe in front of him, not even breaking his stride as he ran over the remains of the automaton it cleaved in two. He felt the impact of a bullet, but his armor stopped it from doing more than superficial damage. He hurried on and met up with the captain behind a section of wall.

Neuro's stomach dropped as the hatch opened unexpectey. He gasped and didn't know what to do. "Neuro? The pneumatic shockbreaking system that you installed?" He said perfectly relaxed whil weightlessly falling through the sky in an enormous metal machine. "Now would be the time to activate them..." He said. Neuro pulled himself together and foussed. "Right, will do." He said as he pressed a few buttons.

2 automatons were sitting behind cover, waiting for a good moment to strike. They watched the ponies at the opposite side of them intensely. However, they didn't look up. 2 enormous feet crushed them to wrecks instantly. OMNINE's legs gave away with a pneumatic hiss. The entire fall was harmless with this system he built. "Shit, that took quite te punch out of our electricity levels, we're at eighty percent!" Neuro said to both Lon and the rest of the team. He activated the "Wall of steel" mode. The mech strengthened it's grip on the ground, and the fire rate of the rifle was increased dramaticly at the cost of a retarded amount of recoil that Lon had to compensate. "Surpressing fire! We're covering you, go!" Lon yelled in his mic. Neuro wanted to say something witty about not having to scream in a microphone, but he eventually thought that now wasn't the time.

They were barely hitting anything in comparision to the amount of bullets that were fired, but the automatons wouldn't dare to come out under this amount of lead rain...

Edited by Scribblegroove

Upon hearing Lon yell down the mic, Comet ran for it, and as soon as he was out of the armoured vehicle he made one shot, without even looking down the scope. Without even acknowledging his team he ran straight for the nearest half building and climbed up to a balcony. From there he began To lay down covering fire. "Go now, move up, we got you covered!" Comet shouted through coms.

Mumbling a quick prayer to his weapon before making a surprisingly fast Sprint for cover, Howard winced at the close gunfire. This was not what he had expected at all. Between the echoing shots, Howard leapt over the smaller rubble sections in speedy dives. He at least knew how the bots targeting systems worked... Timing was key. So long as they couldn't detect the grey discrepancy hiding amongst the concrete and twisted steel.

Mumbling a quick prayer to his weapon before making a surprisingly fast Sprint for cover, Howard winced at the close gunfire. This was not what he had expected at all. Between the echoing shots, Howard leapt over the smaller rubble sections in speedy dives. He at least knew how the bots targeting systems worked... Timing was key. So long as they couldn't detect the grey discrepancy hiding amongst the concrete and twisted steel.

Checking the strap on her medical bag, Moonlight leaped out, and upon hitting the ground began running. The bullet noises made her ears ring. Her eyes darted to Howard as she ran beside him. As the two doctors, it wouldn't be easy for them to get to everybody and heal them. The mare shot at a soldier, successfully hitting it in the back.

The doctor took aim at a nearby drone, a lens in the goggles was showered in light: a white crosshair lit up, readying for the enormous recoil. *click-click*... "huh?" *click-click* he pulled the trigger again. Howard was sure he had checked for jams a thousand times, disassembling the hefty thing and cleaning the many mechanisms... He had forgot to load the damn thing!

"Buck!" he swore at the glossy metal. He clawed for his ammo and clumsily let a few bullets tinkle to the floor. He was going to die unless he could slide a few chunks of metal into the chamber.

The doctor took aim at a nearby drone, a lens in the goggles was showered in light: a white crosshair lit up, readying for the enormous recoil. *click-click*... "huh?" *click-click* he pulled the trigger again. Howard was sure he had checked for jams a thousand times, disassembling the hefty thing and cleaning the many mechanisms... He had forgot to load the damn thing!

"Buck!" he swore at the glossy metal. He clawed for his ammo and clumsily let a few bullets tinkle to the floor. He was going to die unless he could slide a few chunks of metal into the chamber.

Moonlight once again took fire at one of the soldiers, and cursed as she saw Howard fumbling with his bullets. "Idiot!" she swore, before shooting at the soldiers aiming for the stallion. One, two, three went down flat on their backs with a resounding thunk. 'Huh, looks like I'm getting better' she thought silently. "Hurry up!" Moonlight shouted at the doctor, seeing more and more soldiers appear.

"Get your shit together doc!" Comet shouted through the mic as he ducked behind cover and a spray of bullets chipped some stone from the rubble he was hiding behind. "These are real bullets they're shooting, not rubber darts! Load that gun and start shooting!"

Neuro couldn't stop himself. "What are you morons doing!? A BLOODY MECH is giving you cover... Get to the outpost with the cap and prepare to give us cover from there! Stop shooting robots and start moving!" He said in his mic as he used his radar to spot where the robots were hiding. Lon had been shooting quite a lot of bullets and had slaughtered a few bots already, but the high-fire rate was not for killing. It was for keeping the robots ar bay. They were hiding around corners and behind rubble, or at least that's what his radar told him. He was a little scared.

"Guys, as soon as I stop shoot about 15 robots will come out and shoot at OMNINE. Our shield can't handle that much firepower..." He said as he was constantly switching his aim from cover to cover, shooting through the walls, hoping he'd hit something... "As soon as everyone is at the outpost, we're going to need all of you to surpress the enemy, or they will blow us to bits!" He explained. Neuro couldn't agree more. "We've also wasted a lot of ammo already... I don't want to be out in the near future." He said.

Howard loaded his gun quickly and efficiently. There will be no more slip ups. Hauling the bag, he got back up on his hooves. This mission will be in and out. He began cantering as fast as he could to the next available cover. This will not go wrong. His back clung to the jagged edge of one the skyscrapers skeletal struts. We will not buck up. He was exasperated. And I will not die.

Moonlight raced forward, gritting her teeth as she heard bullets whiz past her head. She was terrified, but forced her legs to keep running. The mare gasped for breath as she took cover under some rubble for a few seconds, before continuing her dash.

Comet vaulted over a balcony and crashed through a lower window of the next building. Apon landing he performs a roll and stands, but stops in his tracks as he runs into a small group of enemy soldiers. Before they can process what just happened he sprints toward the window and jumps out, shattering glass across the road which was being bombarded with lead. Even with his enhanced back structure, it was still too high, and unlike the mech he didn't come with a shock absorption system. He lands and barrel rolls along the ground and comes to a standstill dead center of the road.

Gareth's cloak still had about ten seconds left on recharge. "OMNINE, I'll try to get as many of those damned tin-cans as possible. Can one of you doctors get on standby. I have a feeling I may need it." He grabbed his pistol in his left claw, and sword in right. Well, here we go. The griffon dived out of his cover, bolting towards the mech. Rolling behind the mech's leg, Gareth gave a warning on the com system. "Watch out OMNINE, I'm right behind your leg." I'm going to need those docs, I have a bad feeling about this... Gareth chaged into the mechs, activating his cloak the moment he had it. Charging the first soldier-robot, he hit the trigger for his falcata. Slicing it, and the next three in two. He tried to run behind cover before his cloak expired, but it was too late. A single robot had spotted him and shot him, glancing his right arm. "DOCS! HELP! NOW!"

Gareth's cloak still had about ten seconds left on recharge. "OMNINE, I'll try to get as many of those damned tin-cans as possible. Can one of you doctors get on standby. I have a feeling I may need it." He grabbed his pistol in his left claw, and sword in right. Well, here we go. The griffon dived out of his cover, bolting towards the mech. Rolling behind the mech's leg, Gareth gave a warning on the com system. "Watch out OMNINE, I'm right behind your leg." I'm going to need those docs, I have a bad feeling about this... Gareth chaged into the mechs, activating his cloak the moment he had it. Charging the first soldier-robot, he hit the trigger for his falcata. Slicing it, and the next three in two. He tried to run behind cover before his cloak expired, but it was too late. A single robot had spotted him and shot him, glancing his right arm. "DOCS! HELP! NOW!"

Moonlight ducked behind a ruined building, heart beating quickly as she heard somebody shout for a doctor. "Looks like that's where I come in," the Mare took a deep breath, before racing out of her cover, shooting at the drones that got too close. Her eyes landed on Garret, wounded, and she darted towards him, unzipping her medical bag. Leaning the stallion on to her shoulder, she dragged them towards a ruined pile of rubble.

"This shelter will have to do for now," Moonlight muttered, swiftly inspecting Garret's arm wound. It was bleeding, but if handled properly, would be fine. "Ok, the bullet didn't go in, it just grazed your arm and left a wound. The worst thing we have to worry about is infection." The Mare quickly pulled out a strong smelling wipe from her bag, rolling it into a ball. "This is gonna sting. A lot," she warned, before swiftly wiping down the wound and the area surrounding it. Bullets nicked the outside of the rubble shelter, and Moonlight gritted her teeth. There wasn't a lot of time. She ripped a long strip of bandage out of her bag with her teeth, before wrapping it tightly on Garret's wound.

It still bled, and the bandage would need changing soon, but for now it would do. "Alright, we gotta move. Can you walk?" she asked, breathless.