Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open The liberation of new Diaxion- operation: horned owl ( one spot open.)

Vae Victis

Exhausted, Moonlight zipped up her bag, making sure everything was packed inside. "Where do you need me to sit?" The irritable medic asked wearily. They were still in the beginnings of their mission, and everybody already seemed a bit tired. Several had already suffered injuries.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Deuterium!? If a hydrogen reactor went then that would screw things up, but deuterium... Thirty times more powerful... Now THAT would make a mighty large boom. How do your energy reserves go so quickly with a reactor core like that?" Comet was astonished that he was holding on to something that could instantly vaporise him. "I don't know what the greater risk is, this New Diaxon threat, or this."

" we will be leaving shortly. Nuero, we will drive slower so that OMNINE can keep up. Don't worry. No one gets left behind. It's not too far into the city. As for you, moonlight, you can drive, ride shotgun, or gunner on the second jeep. Or you can ride shotgun or gunner on the first. It's up to you. I'm driving the first. We will leave soon. When everyone is ready."

He picked up saint, and put the beloved firearm in its holster.

He received a call from rezan on the mic. A few minutes later, he spoke to the team.

" alright, here's the deal. Judith has been called to the front lines and is en route there right now. That's why we didn't see her in the first skirmish.... This means we are one member short. But rezan has informed me that we may receive a new teammate sometime in the near future. As for everyone else, we push forward."

He turned and started walking to the ramp. THe mission, and the lives of his teammates, were on his mind. His team sustained injuries due to him. It was his responsibility. And he felt guilty because of that. " we won't rush this mission because of time. We have plenty of that. Take care of all your wounds. I'm sorry I can't help much with that but.... I'm not exactly a doctor. Anywas, when every one is ready, we will-"

* cough*

Blood. This time, everyone could see. He tried to act like nothing happened.

" depart. Take your time."

Gareth looked up. "Well, if it's not taken, I'll ride shotgun on the first. I'm not to good a shot, and I think need a rest for now." He got his hip flask of his, well, hip, and took another swig. "Hopefully I can top this up soon. I think I'm starting to get sober..." He stared into the hip flask, seemingly shocked.

" we will be leaving shortly. Nuero, we will drive slower so that OMNINE can keep up. Don't worry. No one gets left behind. It's not too far into the city. As for you, moonlight, you can drive, ride shotgun, or gunner on the second jeep. Or you can ride shotgun or gunner on the first. It's up to you. I'm driving the first. We will leave soon. When everyone is ready."

He picked up saint, and put the beloved firearm in its holster.

He received a call from rezan on the mic. A few minutes later, he spoke to the team.

" alright, here's the deal. Judith has been called to the front lines and is en route there right now. That's why we didn't see her in the first skirmish.... This means we are one member short. But rezan has informed me that we may receive a new teammate sometime in the near future. As for everyone else, we push forward."

He turned and started walking to the ramp. THe mission, and the lives of his teammates, were on his mind. His team sustained injuries due to him. It was his responsibility. And he felt guilty because of that. " we won't rush this mission because of time. We have plenty of that. Take care of all your wounds. I'm sorry I can't help much with that but.... I'm not exactly a doctor. Anywas, when every one is ready, we will-"

* cough*

Blood. This time, everyone could see. He tried to act like nothing happened.

" depart. Take your time."

"I'll go for shotgun in the second," Moonlight said, securing her bag. As she looked back up, she immdiately saw the captain coughing up blood. "Hey, looks like you have a wound yourself. What happend?" the Mare said urgently, starting to inspect the stallion. 'Oh gosh, another injury,' she thought.

@moonlight fire

" I'm not wounded. It's an old wound from a battle in the past. A slightly dysfunctional left lung. Its been like this for about three months now. They've needed me on the front lines. So I never went on medical leave to get it fixed. It's just a little blood and pain, nothing to worry about. It passes. It always does."

Asteron shrugged. "If it's all the same to everyone else, I'll take gunner in the first car. Of course, I'm fine going wherever I'm needed." 

Given how many of the others were injured in some way, he wasn't sure whether to be proud or ashamed of the fact that he had gotten out with only superficial damage. If anyone should be taking bullets, it should be him. Being a minotaur, he could handle it better than most, after all.

"I thought you said that wasnt going to be a problem here sir, thats not the first time this has happened now has it?" He said as he pointed out a small bloodstain on the captain's kevlar. He placed a bullet in a slot on his hat. "That's one skirmish down..." he said to himself. He turned and looked at moonlight fire. "Ready yourself up, I assume we will be leaving soon. Hate to leave such an important pony behind, ma'am."

Moonlight stared at the captain for a few more seconds. slightly unsure, before nodding to Comet. The Mare climbed in to the passenger seat of the second car, checking the straps of her medical bag. 'Please, don't let there be anymore injuries' Moonlight Fire thought quietly.

'This is why others make decisions Howard. That bleed will become a problem in the latter no doubt... I need a word with the commanding officer.' Before readying himself for leaving, Howard approaches the war veteran and asks "Sir, how frequently do you have your... Pneumonic episodes?" but before the captain responds he insensitivly adds "Because these interruptions may get you killed. I don't want to find you having choked to death on your own blood."

" it happens at random. Whenever it wants to, really. Not fatal or terminal. But bad enough. I can't get a replacement lung until this is over. Being stabbed in the lung isn't healthy, by the way. Keep that in mind, hahaha!"

He laughed to boost morale. They would need it.he hopped into the drivers seat of the first jeep and turned it on, key already in the ignition. " everyone get ready. We are about to ride."

Happy with the captains response, Howard hopped into the driver seat of the second jeep. He was better at driving and repairing tanks, but they were slow, easy targets. With his bag slung in the back, he readied for the drive. 'How fast are these?' he mentally debates, coming to the conclusion 'I should of checked under the hood.'

Edited by Neutrino

@

Neuro was ready in his mech. Lon was ready as well, and he was starting to get impatient. "Right, we leaving now? I am starting to think you're getting scared!" He said to the captain jokingly. He looked ahead to where they were going. "Neuro, you sure you've got this?" He asked. They were about to use a new addition to the mech that they hadn't used before. It would make them go faster, but it would require excellent maneuvering from Neuro. "Do I look like I am not ready for anything?" He asked, and he was not even joking. Lon grunted, and looked ahead of him again. "Come on, let's go already!" 

Within a few hundred rotations of the crankshaft, the jeep lurched forward, tires flicking grit, intent on keeping the thing on the ground. Howard almost forgot to pull up gear before the engine stalled. Enthralled by the angry drone of the vehicle, the doctor laughes hysterically "Hah! Fastest thing I've driven in years!" He lets a little slack on the accelerator and remembers his goals.

As Howard had started to drive away Comet said over comms "Miss Moonlight, I do hope that ear isn't going to be a problem, it looked pretty nasty. Have the doc look it over if you get time, ma'am." Comet banged the side of OMNINE "C'mon, lets get this hunk of junk going eh?"

@@Comet Starflash

Neuro put his hooves on the control board, and flicked a switch with his mouth. The legs of the mech started to shift into a different position. They looked more like goat legs now, and the lower end of each leg had some sort of pneumatic pump on it. With a shock, the mech extended both of its legs at once suddenly, and it came in motion rather quickly. Then first the left leg retracted, set its foot on the ground and then extended again, creating a 'jumping' sort of motion over the rubble as it was repeated with each leg seperately. The speed they gained was amazing, but braking would be very hard, and steering would require perfect control by Neuro. They followed howard who was driving off, and quickly caught up. "It's working!" Neuro said a little bit childishly excited. "My design works! The gyroscopes have degenerated the force of the counteraeronal cacophony! It works!" He simply yelled. "FOCUS Neuro..." Lon simply yelled as he was scanning the area for enemies. 

( SORRY. Been busy with family XD)

Tyrias road with Howard. He spoke on his intercom. " alright everyone. We will be heading up towards the middle of the city. Remember. Forces will be light, but still strong. Howard. 200 yards up this road, take a left. We will break through to the bridge. Try to mop up as many as you all can, everyone! Alright; let's do this!"

Tyrias drew sinner. He readied to fire from the passenger seat when he saw enemy bogies.

Howard prepared for evasive action, if necessary. It probably wouldn't do any good due to the opposing sides advanced tracking system, and the doctor was not glad he was driving, the robotic army would aim at both drivers first. Automated and tactical, the drones could not predict where the vehicle would go -That was one advantage at least-.

Comet attempted to steady his aim, with the sudden jolts of the mech's speedy jumps, it was difficult to hold his rifle steady. He decided that he would have a better chance if he took the gun from off of the mech. He hung off the ladder with his front left hoof and pointed the gun behind him, firing at the enemies that they had picked up along the way. "Hey Lon, seeing as you aren't using 'bitch control', do you mind laying down some GOD DAMN LEAD!?" He shouted as a few bullets pinged off of the metal of the mech, and one making a light scratch on his shoulder pad.

Slowly, individual automaton units came into view. " scouts! Light em up! Drivers! Be sure to keep slow so Lon and nuero can keep up! Gunners! I'm relying on you!"

The bridge was just ahead of this unit's patrol path. From the the side seat, Tyrias opened fire. From this distance, he would be inaccurate, but he could probably nail at least a couple of them. Medium sized. About 5ft tall. Taller than an average pony. It would take a couple of shots. They started firing at the vehicles.

" keep your heads down. This might get bumpy."

Asteron nodded and took aim as they approached the mechs. He opened fire as soon as he judged they were close enough, and didn't let off the trigger for a second once he did. He'd keep firing until they were wiped out. It had been a while since he fired a big mounted gun like this, but after twenty years of combat experience, you never really lose the touch. As he watched the mechs go down, he felt a sense of satisfaction that he usually held back. If there was one good thing about this war, it was that you didn't have to feel bad about shooting up a bunch of machines.

"Hey big guy! You mind firing some behind as well!? Hover drones are right up my ass back here!" Comet shouted through the mic, taking a shot behind him without even looking, the bullet hitting one of the drone's thrusters sending it crashing into another creating a small explosion.

(Trying to keep this rp alive)

Silent Blade, being the trained assassin that he was, was waiting, barely noticeable in one of the buildings, looking like he was reading a newspaper. He was, in actuality, waiting for the others to make enough of a ruckus to keep himself from being noticed when he turned invisible and started running through the field with that sword.

At that moment, he had his watch on stand by and was ready to go on a moments notice.

( sorry again... More family matters.))

Tyrias kept taking pot shots at the automatons, occasionally nailing an enemy. His shots weakens them, but not enough to cause a shutdown. He would have to rely upon his other teammates to make the final blow. There were probably 15 automating in the group, armed a bit more heavily than the last

" everyone, clearing out the enemy here doesn't mater, our objective is to make it through to the bridge! Cut down the ones that matter, and keep going! We'll make it through this!"

The bridge was coming up but their enemies still stood in the way.

Asteron whirled around and gunned down a few of the drones between him and the mech, but quickly turned back. The important thing was creating a clear path forward. He continued firing, trying to focus on taking down the mechs crippled by the captain's shots.