Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Have You Ever Had Surgery?

Venomous

the biggest surgery I had was the removal of an hydrocele when I was 7 years old. Before that (5 years), they thought I was mentally disabled, but turned out I was deaf, so they made me a surgery on that too

The only surgery I had was when I was born premature, basically it was for sclerosis since my spinal cord is curved. Sadly, they tried the hardest that they could. It wasn't painful actually.

Surprisingly, no.

One would assume I have, since I've got a shite heart and all, but nope. 

I had major dental work done, but that's the closest thing to surgery. Never gone under the knife.

I'm gonna end up under those brights lights, sharp cutting instruments, and men in masks soon, though, don't doubt that :D

Section of my intestines removed when I was an infant. I still have 2 large scars from the surgery.

Edit:  I don't Know if it counts but.  I did have a chunk of chicken removed from my esophagus, twice. I could breath just chould not swallow anything.  Dem chickens have it out for me I know it. 

Edited by ShadowRose2k
  • Brohoof 1

Well, 2 times. In a row. In the same place. After a car accident my intestines decided to twist around in 5 different places so I couldn't eat anything do about two weeks until after the second surgery. Maybe I'll tell that whole story some time.

I had a minor surgery, just last year. Around the summer time, I was starting to have a little lump on my arm. My mom dismissed it as a bug bite, so I went on with my normal summer stuff. However, the bug bite stayed, and grew bigger and bigger. Finally, my mom and dad took me to a doctor, where I got some X- Rays, and he said that he saw nothing like my case. I was scared, as I thought I'd have no more arm. So, they performed surgery on me, and took the 'lump' in for some tests. So, the preliminary results came in, and it was a tumor, and later on, thank God, it was a bi-nine, not a cancerous tumor.

Oh, and there was that one time I broke both my radial and my ulna, but I had no surgery.

I had tubes put in my ears when I was 12.  I remember painful draining afterwards for a few weeks.

I had my wisdom teeth and 2 others removed at the same time when I was 14. I was eating solid Fruit Loops 2 days afterwards, so that tells you I had a high pain tolerance on that one. Of course, I've had braces for 6 years for good reason (I had really messed up teeth)

I have had a tubal ligation when I was 21. It didn't hurt (I got Essure), but the follow up apt. 3 months later hurt like heck. They pumped me full of fluids and I felt like I was going to burst. Glad I never have to do that again.

I had a lump cut out of me last year, and may have two more cut out this month (they are benign, but fast growing.  They are just dense tissue deposits)....I hate needles....I hate needles, I hate needles, I hate needles....

Did I mention I hate needles?

(and yet I got tattoos...)

Edited by Treble Bolt
  • Brohoof 1

When I was a wee lil Crystal, I had to get surgery to fix a hernia...don't know much about it since I was like two, but there ya have it.
That'd be the most major surgery I've gotten. Throughout the years I've had stitches, staples, that weird glue stuff. That's pretty much it.

The only surgery I ever had was five years ago, when I was getting me appendix removed. I was nine at the time and it was my first operation. So yeah, I was scared shitless. We had to cancel our trip to London because of that crap!

Edited by UberAntics
  • Brohoof 1

I've had surgery a couple of times, although they both happened when I was very young.

The first time I fell on my head and they had to do surgery, The second time I broke a finger (my middle finger lol).

• Brohoof 1

I had eye surgery in second grade. The whites of my eyes were completely red with blood. It was so weird and uncomfortable.

Hello!

No, I've never had surgery, even though I did have quite a few serious injuries, I managed to avoid any surgeries :P.

Though, it remains one of my phobias. It would be a torture house for me if I knew that I'd have to have an operation soon. I wouldn't be so surprised if I would have a heart attack, but then again, I wouldn't feel anything after a heart attack :P.

I've had two done, both for the same thing. The first time, I went to the doctor's office to get an ingrown toenail removed. The shots were the worst part, but I swear that 3rd needle took some of my bone with it...  >_>

When it came back a few months later, I was just like "screw it" and did it myself. I cut off blood flow to my lower leg, grabbed some clippers and some tweezers and went to work. Much faster, less painful and not quite as invasive as when the doctor did it. That said, I kept the thing wrapped up in peroxided bandages until it healed. Didn't want to get infected and have to go to the doc anyway.  ;)

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

I've had surgery a couple of times, although they both happened when I was very young.

The first time I fell on my head and they had to do surgery, The second time I broke a finger (my middle finger lol).

Of all the fingers to break you broke your middle one. That's funny lol

(Not laughing at your pain. It's just ironic)

I have had a minor surgery I had a boil so big it needed surgery to be popped apperintly I have a high pain tolerance cause the person I spoke to after said where I felt short sharp pain others would be screaming. 0-o

That's nasty lol

I would imagine there was a lot of like... Puss? Idk

I've had two done, both for the same thing. The first time, I went to the doctor's office to get an ingrown toenail removed. The shots were the worst part, but I swear that 3rd needle took some of my bone with it... >_>

When it came back a few months later, I was just like "screw it" and did it myself. I cut off blood flow to my lower leg, grabbed some clippers and some tweezers and went to work. Much faster, less painful and not quite as invasive as when the doctor did it. That said, I kept the thing wrapped up in peroxided bandages until it healed. Didn't want to get infected and have to go to the doc anyway. ;)

Oh my god yea when I had numbing injections in my right hand, I had to bite my left hand to distract myself from the pinch.

And wow you did an at-home surgery? That's pretty awesome

I had eye surgery in second grade. The whites of my eyes were completely red with blood. It was so weird and uncomfortable.

I've never heard of that before.

That's odd

I had a heart transplant i was technically dead for a minuet or something weird........... all good now tho

Oh my god I could only imagine...that is pretty intense

Nope. Never. I feel left out, most of my friends have broken a bone. I've only almost broken my leg.

Okay I know this sounds completely insane but I seriously want to know what it feels like to break a bone. I just want to see what kind of pain comes with it

I can't b the only one who is curious...

Edited by Samurott77

(edited)

I had tubes put in my ears when I was 12. I remember painful draining afterwards for a few weeks.

I had my wisdom teeth and 2 others removed at the same time when I was 14. I was eating solid Fruit Loops 2 days afterwards, so that tells you I had a high pain tolerance on that one. Of course, I've had braces for 6 years for good reason (I had really messed up teeth)

I have had a tubal ligation when I was 21. It didn't hurt (I got Essure), but the follow up apt. 3 months later hurt like heck. They pumped me full of fluids and I felt like I was going to burst. Glad I never have to do that again.

I had a lump cut out of me last year, and may have two more cut out this month (they are benign, but fast growing. They are just dense tissue deposits)....I hate needles....I hate needles, I hate needles, I hate needles....

Did I mention I hate needles?

(and yet I got tattoos...)

What is a Tubal Ligation? (if you don't mind explaining). And yuck, being filled with fluids.. That sentence made me feel kinda gross xD

Oh I hate needles, too. I don't cry when I get shots, but I still need to squeeze someone's hand. I also bring sour candy with me so I can eat it while they give the injection.

And I have 3 tattoos. It's kind of ironic that someone who is terrified of needles still gets tattoos.

Oddly enough, I've come to actually like that pain of getting tattoos

Edited by Samurott77

I had very minor surgery to remove a skin tag. I was under general anesthesia for about 10 or 15 minutes. Thankfully a subsequent biopsy revealed it was not a cancerous growth.