Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming What is Everypony's Favorite Pokemon and Type?

DarxDash

Favorite Type  

87 users have voted

1. 1. What is your favorite pokemon type?

• Normal
    • Fire
    • Water
    • Grass
    • Electric
    • Ice
    • Fighting
    • Poison
    • Ground
    • Flying
    • Psychic
    • Bug
    • Rock
    • Ghost
    • Dragon
    • Dark
    • Steel
    • Fairy

I tend to like water pokemon most, usually... but hmmm... (no order really, btw)

Vulpix (my bf calls me his wittle vulpix) :)

Oddish

Cleffa

Igglybuff

Celebi

Gyarados

Chikorita

Mine have to be

Dusknoir

Darkrai

Totodile

They all just caught my eye when ever i played the game, and i still have my lvl 50 Darkrai i got from an event never battled with him, i don't want to ruin him ... :/

with each new post the variety of ingrediants from trainer/fans grows and here are a few of my favorite legendary pokemon ^_^

1. mew

2. zekrom

3. victini

4. mewtwo

5. manaphy

6. all the legendary trios and/or duos

7. celebii

8. phione

• 2 weeks later...

See my sig for my top three, but others shall be listed and some will definitely be forgotten.

Metagross. Steels have always been interesting to me (well, they didn't technically exist in Gen I, but you get the point). I liked the design, then on Emerald I put together one for the Battle Frontier. This was long before I knew anything about competitive, so the EVs and nature were all over the place and I don't remember, respectively, but the moveset was @Leftovers, Meteor Mash | Psychic | Earthquake | Shadow Ball. I always ran it alongside the next on the list...

Salamence. In my opinion, the best design for a Dragon to that point in time. It had Intimidate and was actually good, which I thought was cool (good Gen III Gyarados are way too hard to get, no reasonable access to Tauros or Arcanine, lolMasquerain...). The set was Dragon Claw | Crunch | Flamethrower | Hydro Pump. Looking back, it's surprising to me that it was all Special. Huh. There's definitely a pseudo-legend trend up until this point, what with Ttar as well. THAT ENDS NOW

Manectric. I always thought the design was unique, I loved the cry, and it got Flamethrower and Overheat in Gen IV. It's faster than your average Ursaring (*cricket noises*) and has Lightningrod, which got buffed in Gen V. Now any Electric move it absorbs gives it +1 Special Attack, essentially a free boost of Specs magnitude. If you can lure Electric moves (Gyarados, anyone?), then this is a great partner. Get it a Lightningrod boost on top of the Life Orb boost, and go to town with Tbolt | Flamethrower | Hidden Power (Ice/Grass) | filler, most likely Volt Switch. The other possible route that I like is its Scarf set; Volt Switch/Thunderbolt | Overheat | Hidden Power | Switcheroo, for great pseudo-TrickScarf based justice. I've been rambling, though, time for...

Starmie. It's been great since Gen I, and will continue being great. Cool design, cool movepool with great STABs, BoltBeam, Rapid Spin, and Recover...It's exceedingly useful, and has a nifty base 115 Speed and a very usable base 100 Special Attack.

Scyther. Little known fact: Scyther and Scizor have the same base stat total. With Bugs on the rise since Gen II, Scyther has really been getting cool upgrades to match its undeniably cool design. Technician lets it make the most out of the tools it's given: offensively, Bug Bite, Aerial Ace, Quick Attack, Brick Break, and U-Turn. Tech boosts the former three to much higher levels, which, when combined with Swords Dance and a high speed, means not much can survive. Bad typing is bad, but it proves that even Bug/Flying can get by, both offensively and defensively. By the very thing keeping it in the shadows, it gets a wonderful defensive tool: Eviolite. In conjunction with Roost, this acts to make Scyther deceptively bulky even without much investment. In a similar vein, we have...

Porygon 2. The stats of a fully-evolved Pokemon (it was at one point, after all), and the ability to abuse Eviolite with access to Recover. It's got two really cool non-DW abilities, too, both of which are very usable. Trace is only shared with Gardevoir, to my knowledge, and lets this duck do some cool stuff. For instance, it can bounce Intimidate back at Gyarados and Salamence, absorb various moves (Heatran's Fire moves, Gastrodon's Water moves, Jolteon's Electric moves), and even get some other, more unique benefits. Yes, Wonder Guard is Traceable, and yes, Normal only has one weakness. Download, on the other hand, gives you a potential Specs-like boost without the locking effect, perfect for a tank-like Pokemon. It certainly proves that NFEs can be used to great effect.

Victreebell. Growth got buffed to +2 Attack and +2 Special Attack in the sun, and this thing is perhaps the best abuser of it. Chlorophyll and Growth make it scary fast and scary strong, and with a movepool consisting of things like Leaf Blade, Solarbeam, Weather Ball, Sucker Punch, Sludge Bomb, and even Hidden Power if you deem it necessary, this thing tears everything to shreds. No one sees it coming, either. It may just be me, but I love the slightly dopey but still cool design.

I could go on, but I commend you if you even read this far.

• Brohoof 6

(edited)

yet agin even more euniqe and plesent blends of pokemon of everyponies favorites and as i said before tells me more and more about how everypony else like pokemon it's just all truely wonderful ^_^

Edited by DarxDash

Okay, all my Favorite pokemon come from the original series and games because out of any of those, that's the only one that my team NEVER changes. I can play through Pokemon red/blue/yellow and I'll always get the same ones.

1. Dragonite

2. Alakazam

3. Gengar

4. Charizard

5. Zaptos

6. Gyarados

As for new stuff, my two favorites are Tyranitar, and Leavanny.

My top Pokemon: Flareon, Gardevoir, Lopunny, Espeon, Lanturn, Tryantitar, Wartortle, Flygon, Camperupt, Dragonite, Mew, and Unbreon.

Edited by Dusk Eninama

Metagross, Metagross, and more Metagross. They are both strong and cool looking. Spent hours getting his first evolution shiny from Steven Stone's house in Emerald :P

Back in the day, when I watched Pokemon every single day, I could never choose a favorite Pokemon.

I would watch a new episode and immediately after I saw the featured Pokemon in action, I would be like "Oh damn! New favorite! Best Pokemon ever!!"

But now, when I think of it, I would have to say Eevee, Vulpix or Ninetails. I always seem to go back to those three in the end.