Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

I need your opinion.

Book Horse

After watching the mini-movie 'My Little Dashie' and reading someone's fan fiction and seeing so many other pony fan stuff, I've decided to attempt my own fan-fic.  I have a basic idea of what I want to write about, but I would like your opinion for a few things.  I'm totally open to criticism, so tell me what you think about my idea, and/or what you would like to see in it.

The biggest brony or pegasister or just fan in general gets picked to go to Equestria by the Mane Six themselves.  So he/she goes.  After arriving, he has his own little adventure.  He only has a week to do everything he wants.  But then (I don't know what yet,) something bad happens and it's up to him and the Mane Six to try and stop it!

Please tell me what you think!  All opinions are wanted.  If you have any ideas to go along with this, or a few minor tweaks I'm open for criticism!

-Edit-

Also, if no one likes my idea at all, please don't hate.  Just tell me what you would like to see or read!  And I won't be beginning this until maybe next week.  I'm going to give people a good chance of replying to any ideas I can incorporate.  Also how long should normal fan fiction be?  I usually make, or attempt to make, long stories.  And I don't know if there is a limit of how long fan fiction should be.

-Edit again-

I'm going to start the story in the first chapter maybe, and then post it in a new thread.  I'll put a link to it on this post.  I don't know how long it will take, but I will probably start sometime tonight.  I don't know if I'll start the actual story, I might just look up certain things, like deeper info on the characters and advice on fan-fic.

-So many edits!-

So after looking through advice to mlp fan-fic, my idea has been done before.  So I'm going to need to come up with a different one.  I already knew it had been done before, but they said to try and stay away from 'brony in Equestria stories', as they have been done to death.  If anyone has ideas I could use, and form together with other ideas that would be great!  I'm still going to start writing very soon.

Edited by WonderWolf01
  • Brohoof 1

the plot seems pretty good, even if it's kinda generic.

if executed well, this could be a very good fic. tough first time fic writers use to make some critical mistakes, so i really recommend getting some proofreaders and if needed an editor! 

hope to read this in the future!

Best of luck to you! The plot is good even if it's a bit generic, other than that if you can execute it well with no grammar or punctuation mistakes then you're in the clear.

the plot seems pretty good, even if it's kinda generic.

if executed well, this could be a very good fic. tough first time fic writers use to make some critical mistakes, so i really recommend getting some proofreaders and if needed an editor! 

hope to read this in the future!

When I was younger I used to have a dream of becoming a writer.  Specifically fiction and fantasy.  I have some experience, however what bothers me is that I have never actually finished a story.  Once I got a good 100 pages, but lost interest in it since I had been writing it for about 3 or more months.  But thanks!  I will try and get to writing this story and maybe post it on the forums.  If it gets good reviews maybe I can continue writing fan-fic! 

• Brohoof 1

I'm no writer, or a good analysis dude, or a great critical thinker when it comes to fiction, all I know is when I read or watch something and I like it, I just like it. 

Sure this idea has been done over and over again, but I think since your plot is generic, you just have to make up for it with the characters, and each step towards the climax.  I guess you should explore these characters in ways where they really become challenged, and we see sides to them we haven't before, and how they deal with the problem, if they decide to at all. 

I can't really say anything else since you haven't started, but I'll know if it's good, because I'll want to read more!  Keep us up to date!

Oh, and Bronycurious actually wants people to send him their fanfics for advice.  I read some of his stuff and it's pretty good, so maybe you can send it to him and ask for some pointers to. 

Edited by Deesinn
  • Brohoof 1

I'm no writer, or a good analysis dude, or a great critical thinker when it comes to fiction, all I know is when I read or watch something and I like it, I just like it. 

Sure this idea has been done over and over again, but I think since your plot is generic, you just have to make up for it with the characters, and each step towards the climax.  I guess you should explore these characters in ways where they really become challenged, and we see sides to them we haven't before, and how they deal with the problem, if they decide to at all. 

I can't really say anything else since you haven't started, but I'll know if it's good, because I'll want to read more!  Keep us up to date!

Oh, and Bronycurious actually wants people to send him their fanfics for advice.  I read some of his stuff and it's pretty good, so maybe you can send it to him and ask for some pointers to. 

Thanks, I'll search him.  I have actually never seen this idea done before, however.  It's just an idea I've had in my head for a while.  And yes, I agree.  I will try and make it not so generic, and more of a big adventure.  Thanks for the advice!

@,

I would say that this is a good idea, but it's REALLY overplayed in fanfictions (MLP especially). 

A way to make it better would be take out the Mane Sixes involvement (or make it a complete accident like the events of MMC), to keep the human character from coming off as a Mary Sue.

As conflict, it could be something around how he's a minority, and in general he would be pretty oppressed because of the fact that, not only is everything designed with the equine physiology in mind, but he is far more different from anything they've ever seen.

Also, as we've seen, ponies are a lot more like humans than they would appear as they are very susceptible to the crowd rule, so if one pony that looked like they knew what they were doing didn't like the human than pretty soon most all of them would be treating him like an untouchable.

That would be a rather unique take on the Human in Equestria style of story.

(edited)

@,

I would say that this is a good idea, but it's REALLY overplayed in fanfictions (MLP especially). 

A way to make it better would be take out the Mane Sixes involvement (or make it a complete accident like the events of MMC), to keep the human character from coming off as a Mary Sue.

As conflict, it could be something around how he's a minority, and in general he would be pretty oppressed because of the fact that, not only is everything designed with the equine physiology in mind, but he is far more different from anything they've ever seen.

Also, as we've seen, ponies are a lot more like humans than they would appear as they are very susceptible to the crowd rule, so if one pony that looked like they knew what they were doing didn't like the human than pretty soon most all of them would be treating him like an untouchable.

That would be a rather unique take on the Human in Equestria style of story.

I was thinking about making the human character turn into a pony, but after reading this whole post you're right.  Making the human character seem untouchable would make it more unique.  I'm experienced in writing in First Person, but in order to make the invited human not seem like a Mary Sue I may have to write in third person.  You've given me a lot to think about in this story I'm going to create.  Thanks!

Edited by WonderWolf01
  • Brohoof 1

Idea and just here me out. This person gets to go to equestria for a week. In that week something happens and the fate of equestria hangs in the balence. He has to make a choice, leave the human world and his friends and family or save equestria. If the week ends and he doesn't get home he's a pony forever.

Idea and just here me out. This person gets to go to equestria for a week. In that week something happens and the fate of equestria hangs in the balence. He has to make a choice, leave the human world and his friends and family or save equestria. If the week ends and he doesn't get home he's a pony forever.

Nice idea.  That had me hanging on edge just listening to the idea!  Though there are many brony in Equestria stories I may do this thx!