Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Boredom Art: Shimmer Song's Evil Nightmare

Evil Nightmares

It's a kind of interesting concept in the sense of the design but... I dunno. It's not really scary because it's impractical.

However, in execution I guess I would give it a 4.5/10

Constructive Criticism

Your technique with graphite is very amateur but it's not the worst and can be mastered in due time! I would suggest investing in one of those pencil kits that range between hardness and softness of the graphite. Staedtler is a very, very good brand. Never went wrong with Staedtler!

Also, it's hard for me to tell whether or not you attempted to shade? If so, then it needs to stand out a bit more and if not, then there's nothing to discuss :P

Anyway, I would highly suggest blending more and adding some semi-realistic aspects to pieces of art that are meant to give an eerie feeling. You can do these things subtly without taking away the cartoonish aspect of the drawing; such as hair shine or reflection in the eye(s) etc.

The best thing about art is that you can always get better! Mastering a technique takes so many years of practice, training, and studying. Even then, once you have mastered a technique, then you have free will to do with it as you please. It is only once you understand how something works completely that you have the right to break the rules.

However, the most important thing is to have fun, no matter how cliché that sounds XD

I look forward to seeing more

• Brohoof 1

It's a kind of interesting concept in the sense of the design but... I dunno. It's not really scary because it's impractical.

However, in execution I guess I would give it a 4.5/10

Constructive Criticism

Your technique with graphite is very amateur but it's not the worst and can be mastered in due time! I would suggest investing in one of those pencil kits that range between hardness and softness of the graphite. Staedtler is a very, very good brand. Never went wrong with Staedtler!

Also, it's hard for me to tell whether or not you attempted to shade? If so, then it needs to stand out a bit more and if not, then there's nothing to discuss :P

Anyway, I would highly suggest blending more and adding some semi-realistic aspects to pieces of art that are meant to give an eerie feeling. You can do these things subtly without taking away the cartoonish aspect of the drawing; such as hair shine or reflection in the eye(s) etc.

The best thing about art is that you can always get better! Mastering a technique takes so many years of practice, training, and studying. Even then, once you have mastered a technique, then you have free will to do with it as you please. It is only once you understand how something works completely that you have the right to break the rules.

However, the most important thing is to have fun, no matter how cliché that sounds XD

I look forward to seeing more

wasn't looking for constructive criticism or feedback from anyone except for the person it was drawn for (CandyRush), but thanks.... i guess.....