Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

"Offensive" Coke Commercial

LunaUmbra

I just finished watching the commercial and that is by far one of the most beautiful and well-executed commercials I've ever seen. Jesus, I'm not even American but when the child was singing in the non-English language, it really made me stop in my tracks and think.

This commercial was not offensive, it was promoting a message of unity and I applaud Coca Cola for that.

http://youtu.be/A8iM73E6JP8

Here's a link for anyone who can't find it or hasn't seen it.

Update: I also want to direct people to: http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2014/02/02/Why-Coca-Cola-America-The-Beautiful-Ad-Was-Offensive?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

"The ad also prominently features a gay couple." So not only are right-wingers (I originally used the noun 'people' but I refuse to call them that) saying this is offensive over the multiculturalism equals illegal immigrants viewpoint but also because gays. GAYS ARE RUINING AMERICA GUYS, ALONG WITH ALL THEM IMMIGRANTS. It's ridiculous how we're in 2014 and people still have these views, it truly makes me hate the human race. Especially when you remember that just two years ago, 29 percent of Mississippi voters said that interracial marriage should be illegal.

Edited by Essy*
  • Brohoof 2

It's not in any way offensive to anyone, people tend to exaggerate and bend the truth to where people can tell that it is a lie. More specifically, it's showing that America is accepting of multicultural people. Plus, it's a Coke commercial!

tumblr_m8eolpAELM1r9uqax.gif

Heh. Next time someone complains about bronies not being able to keep it together, bring up this thing.

Oh and...

So, according to the news, the Coke commercial that aired during the Super Bowl was "unamerican" and a "slap to the face of America." Apparently, it is "shoving multiculturalism down american throats" and conservatives in the States are up in arms over it.

Being how many countries have been getting "westernized" over the years from globalization, that level of hypocrisy makes me want to crush my scouter.

• Brohoof 1

I find it funny how so many people are up in arms about people hating on this commercial when many of them were themselves hating on Scarlett Johansson for doing a commercial for an Israeli company :P

I don't think there is anything wrong with either commercial.

• Brohoof 1

>_>  IF this commercial is offensive, what about the ED and condom commercials on at 9,10,11,12 in the AM/PM when kids can stop and watch it?  IF this commercial is offensive, what about all the sex appeal advertised nowadays for teenagers to see plain as day?  IF THIS STUPID COMMERCIAL IS SO ANTI AMERICAN, WHY DID YOU PLAY IT?!?! *shakes head*

Cooperate America at it's finest!  If anything let the other countries be upset because you played it!  Sorry but today's government and society really makes me angry

people get offended WAY to easily now days, those who were offended do realize that America is a melting pot based on MANY different cultures all coming together in one LARGE piece of land that we call the United States of America, we are all immigrants at some point or another...Now I do however believe that if people want to move to America that the go through to work it takes to become a full citizen...

Just people overreacting to stupid things again. Seriously, why must people get offended so easily? There's nothing wrong with the commercial; it's just celebrating the all the different cultures that are in America, and that they can all enjoy a soft drink. What's wrong with that?

Edited by Blue Moon

My god, I absolutely adore how people forget the point of this commercial.

It's meant to represent the cultures we've intertwined ourselves with. Whether they're for us or against us, they're the nations that shaped us into the "great" country we are today. We have everyone to thank for America, and I think that the countries that made us what we are are allowed to step in and sing. It's not offensive, it's beautiful and symbolic.

Oh, but I should also note.

It's just a goddamn commercial.

I mean, my god people. I know the Superbowl this year sucked, but seriously? You're going to start insulting Coca-cola and it's marketing because of a single commercial that wasn't the slightest bit offensive?

I'm starting to feel like the other nations should be more insulted to be associated with America than anything...

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

I don't see what is so offensive about it.

I love how some people try to bring politics into this. I doubt that this commercial was declared offensive just out of somebody's political views.

The guy who said it was offensive was probably overreacting. Now what IS offensive are radio commercials I hear. They make the American clueless and whenever he hears the word "America", he flips out. It's a little offensive, but it doesn't offend me.

Getting offended is a choice.

Edited by Judgement