Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Reason #164 why Japan is awesome: they make stuff like this.

Evilshy

lol I love it.

Though I've seen this very same thing as proof of Japan being weird and detached from reality.

It's sad really how two people can have such a different opinion on the same thing. lol

lol I love it.

Though I've seen this very same thing as proof of Japan being weird and detached from reality.

It's sad really how two people can have such a different opinion on the same thing. lol

Having been to Japan myself, I can safely say that the place is very awesome, and really not that weird at all.

Having been to Japan myself, I can safely say that the place is very awesome, and really not that weird at all.

Also having been to Japan, I can safely say that Feld0 is absolutely right :)

Well, there are some weird things and people there, but it's awesome weird.

People simply do not understand their humor. They aren't stupid or crazy. They simply perfected this sort of comedy.

How many of you here know about Gaki No Tsukai? Especially Batsu games (meaning "penalty game")

From Wikipedia:

The most basic example of a batsu game in a variety show would start with a game of "rock, paper, scissors" and lead to the loser being slapped in the face by the winner. Other common examples include being forced into a pool of extremely hot water or eating something filled with wasabi. Somewhat more complicated examples of punishments found in Japanese TV shows include the following: skydiving; thrill rides at an amusement park; eating foods not commonly considered edible; or being forced to fight a martial artist or sumo wrestler. However, because these punishments take a fair amount of preparation and expense, these are only commonly found on TV shows.

There have also been batsu games where the competition itself is like a batsu game—none of the competitors are participating in order to win, but they are participating in order to be as funny as possible. Examples of this include the Human Tetris segment from the Tunnels TV show, the All-Star Athletic Games from the TV show Haneru no Tobira, and the 24-Hour batsu games from Gaki no Tsukai.

I've had literally the biggest laughs of my life watching the 24-Hour batsu games.

Finding full episodes with subtitles is not too easy, but it sure is worth it.

Some of the jokes won't make sense at first, but after watching all of their batsu games, i know most of the inside jokes.

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=5uSyQTWgZA4

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=uJ784DIPEdA

I saw the strings pulling the clothes apart, thus ruining the video :/

But Japan is still awesome. For every 1 thing they have that we think is weird, they have 3 awesome things. One of which is their pro wrestling. It's an artform there. Wrestlers like Kobashi, Misawa, and Kawada are pretty much household names like Hulk Hogan is here.

(edited)

I saw the strings pulling the clothes apart, thus ruining the video :/

But Japan is still awesome. For every 1 thing they have that we think is weird, they have 3 awesome things. One of which is their pro wrestling. It's an artform there. Wrestlers like Kobashi, Misawa, and Kawada are pretty much household names like Hulk Hogan is here.

One of my all time favorite anime was created because of a female wrestling tag-team over in Japan. "The Dirty Pair"

http://www.projectharuhi.net/?p=5756

If you don't want to click the link, here's the part of the article I mean...

Legend has it that the idea for Dirty Pair came from Japanese professional women's wrestling. In 1978, the Australian sci-fi author A. Bertram Chandler was visiting Japan, and was being entertained by Haruka Takachiho, founder of Studio Nue. Takachiho and two other Nue staffers took Chandler out to see a tournament held by the All Japan Women's Pro-Wrestling organization, which featured the highly popular wrestling team known as the Beauty Pair. During the match, something lead Chandler to comment "the two women in the ring may be the Beauty Pair, but those two with you ought to be called 'the Dirty Pair'." This remark inspired Takachiho, who had already written the successful Crusher Joe space opera light novels, to create what amounted to "female pro wrestlers... IN SPACE!"

Edited by cuteycindyhoney

• 7 years later...
  • 1 month later...