Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Mini Youtube player

Blaze Bronson
Go to solution Solved by SCS,

I am able to link a youtube video into a post, and it shows up in full size.

I would however like to have just a small youtube player, like I have seen around the web.

Trying the Embed option youtube provides, doesn't work. It just becomes text.

Is this something that should work, or are there workarounds to this?

EDIT: I'm experimenting in this comment  :lol:

v v v

Edited by Blaze Bronson

To my knowledge, we are not able to use HTML in posts. However, there is one feature that I am not quite sure how to use in regard to specifying dimensions, but may allow you to do so. I would recommend experimenting with it and seeing if you are able to get it to work properly for you.

• Click the Special BBCode button.
    27f18e4ddd.png

• Select media in the dropdown list.
    48bc8d8a99.png

• You should now see the following dialog box:
    157bd1be29.png
  • Brohoof 1

• 3 weeks later...

@

Hi,

Yeah, I have experimented a lot, but haven't found a solution.

Basically I would use a small youtube player to show music on the forum. Instead of having the full size one.

It would look neater.

Oh, so you want a feature that's currently not implemented?

If so, feel free to suggest it in our Feedback and Suggestions section. Other members and staff can then provide their opinions on your suggestion and it may just become a future project if deemed it would work out well.

• Brohoof 1

Well, It seems that it is implemented already. It's just we don't know what to type in the Dimentions tab, in the BBCode that SCS mentioned.

Also youtube has the share option where you get a link to a smaller player. It seems it shouldn't be a problem.

But if it isn't actually possible on this forum, then I guess I could post on the Suggestions section  :)

• Brohoof 2

But if it isn't actually possible on this forum, then I guess I could post on the Suggestions section 

I've only ever seen the normal sized youtube player on the forum as of yet, so perhaps we aren't able to use the smaller players. Probably best to bring it up in suggestions if that's the case ^_^
  • Brohoof 1

I just do

[media]youtubeurlhere[/media] 

and it normally works.

Here's what it looks like;

Edited by Shift

• 3 weeks later...

Hi there @@Blaze Bronson, since we've been able to figure out that only the larger players work on the forum currently, I suggest you make a thread in the forum suggestions subsection if you would like to have this feature looked at for implementation, though keep in mind that the feature (If decided to be included) will be added to a long list of features that take first priority.

Im going to lock this thread up now since the OP's issue has been resolved. Have a great day guys :)

• 6 years later...

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We have confirmed the issue and were able to resolve it quickly. We will be marking this as closed.