Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

If I barely watch the show, does that still make me a brony?

Black Licorice

I'll admit that I've only watched only one full episode since the show started and that was only because somebody linked me the episode on a forum. Other than that, I've watched 1 minute MAXIMUM parts of the show, and that is rare. I'm wondering, does that still make me a brony or not? I have written fanfics and all, but I'm starting to wonder if it was all for nothing.

Honestly, the term 'Brony' is so loose now I am thinking now that you could even despise the show and still be considered one. In this case, you probably are anyways. I wouldn't worry too much about it. You apparently have some form of liking to the MLP universe and not hatred towards it, so...That may qualify. I don't know, interpretation and whatnot. It is different to everyone.

• Brohoof 5

Wait you watched only one full episode and then wrote fanfics about it?

Dude... that sounds hard. I mean, I'm not pulling your Brony card, but dang, that sounds harder than eating a tub of lard.

I would kind of need to know the characters better before writing stories about them, so kudos to you on that.

• Brohoof 3

I let you in a secret, I'm a Resident Evil fanboy but I've never been able to beat any of tBrohoof Thishe "classic" games, so brony on.  

Duuuude!  Get on it man!

If you like the show, and like doing stuff with the show, then who cares what you call yourself. 

• Brohoof 1

Being a "fan" of anything is such a subjective term these days, I don't think anyone can tell you that you're not. If you call yourself a Brony, and you want to be one, then you are one, simple as that. :D

• Brohoof 3

I don't see how you could make any fanfic based on one episode :/    Also, have you only watched one episode because you haven't had the time, or because you didn't like it?

If you don't like the show, I have a hard time calling you a brony   -_-

Despite the negativity in this comment, being a brony is just a branding. So obviously i'm for love and tolerate and would hug you ^^

Hello!

Lately people have become a little more forgiving of the term "Brony". Usually, it is up to the person to decide whether or not they should be called a brony. Considering you have written fanfics of the show, there is little doubt that you're a fan of the show. :P

I personally do not like the term "Brony", even though I am a fan of the show, the fandom. If you believe that having seen one episode is enough for you, then you have the option of calling yourself a brony. If by any means you do not like the term, you can safely just call yourself a fan. :)

I think brony is all about being a fan of MLP. It really doesn't matter what part of it you're a fan of as long as you are a fan.

I love the show but I love the community even more. If it wasn't for the community that sprung up around the show I know I wouldn't have ended up a fan at all or anywhere near the fan that I am. The show is wonderful but the stuff that the community creates fuels my passion for calling myself a brony. So I'd say if you immersed yourself in the community and had even never watched an episode you can still be a brony. You'll kind of just have skewed veiws of the ponies and mlp universe and I don't know what the fanfics you make will be like... But yes, still a brony.

Though I would encourage you to watch more and to support the series :)

Doesn't matter if one watches the show or not. It is if you like the universe enough to distinguish yourself as one. Do you like it enough to proudly say you're a fan of it? If yes, you are.

You could watch something and have a mild interest. You can buy things from a show and still not call yourself a fan. It depends on the person and not what he does.

Duuuude!  Get on it man!

If you like the show, and like doing stuff with the show, then who cares what you call yourself. 

I need to just cheat(either with Gameshark or via emulator) infinite ink ribbons in so I can save scum my way through them one of these days. 

When I designate someone as a brony, I tend to... lean towards people who love the show and actually watch it before getting into the merchandise, fanfics, fanvids etc etc. This video to me basically sums up what bronies are:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OV-OF9wZWDs

"True fans adore the show, while others gallop to the herd!" - John DeLancie

Edited by Lightning Bliss
  • Brohoof 4

Id say its up to you! If you want to be called one then be called one! I don't generally say I'm a brony... Nor do i really say I'm a pegasister... Although I like that term a lot! I generally say I'm a fan... However I can honestly say I'm a Disnerd and a Whovian... so yeah xD whatever you want tobe known as...

I don't think you have to watch the actual show a lot to be a brony. I myself pay more attention to the fanon stuff, and I've only watched parts of episodes of the actual show and never a full one.

as long as you have pony in your heart yes,but its rather odd to just watch one ep...you are kinda missing out on alot lol.

Wait, I have to have pony in my heart?

Huh... I was wondering why I heard a little neighing sound every time my heart pumped...

I have to wonder why someone considers themselves a fan of something when they're not that interested in the source material.

These days it seems like Brony has no meaning aside from "a person who likes to call themselves a Brony".