Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

BUCK (Brony UK Convention) 2014 News/Discussion

An Old Head

img-2272814-1-newbanner-3b6adfbf0b3e9e41

Official BUCK 2014 Website

Official BUCK 2014 Facebook Group

After the phenomenal success of BUCK 2013 (one of the best weekends ever) BUCK is back to host Europe's largest Brony convention once more! This thread will be updated for news and discussion about the convention as it is released. Make sure you check out the website, and join the Facebook group if you're going to be heading up to Manchester for a convention you'll never forget!

The venue this year is Manchester Central. Because the con has outgrown the Bridgewater Hall next to it, this disused train station-turned-convention centre is right in the heart of the city.

img-2272814-2-Manchester%20Central%20-%2

01/03/2014 - Update - Tickets On Sale

Tickets are now on sale! Go grab 'em before you miss 'em! Click on the image below to take you straight there.

banner_sale_halfsize-7503fd87a921bfbef4f

17/02/2014 - Update - First 3 Guests Announced

Alright, first guest announcement :) We've got three new guests confirmed for BUCK, including:

• G.M. Berrows, who writes the MLP chapter books! She's on the VIP list, meaning she's included in the Celestia tier VIP meal.
  • Yami Bjork, probably the most famous MLP cosplayer who ran the Cosplay Competition last year, is making a return ^^
  • Twigileia, a hugely talented community artist all the way from Slovenia ^^ No seriously, she is really talented.

02/02/2014 - Update - Ticket Prices Up

The ticket prices have just been revealed! They're not on sale yet, this is just a taster of the ticket format this year. With it is revealed that the Summer Sun Celebration, the hugely successful pre-con music festival, is making a return! (Make sure you go to this, by the way, it's the biggest party, Pinkie Pie wouldn't know what to say.)

img-2272814-3-feNmzkE.png

More detail on what these tickets encompass can be found on the website ticket page. :) I myself will be copping the 20% Cooler tier. Now let's just wait for them to actually go on sale n.n

Important to note, however - unlike last year, not all of these tickets are going to be sold in waves. So when the Standard tickets are sold out, there won't be a second wave of them, because there's just so many on offer given the size of the venue ;) The 20% Cooler and Celestia tiers will still be in waves, though, so do not fret if you were looking to buy either tier and they're sold out. n.n

Edited by Flipturn
  • Brohoof 2

• 2 weeks later...

I'm debating whether or not I should get the 20% cooler ticket now or not. I know I said I would last year but between this, saving to move to a new place (unsuccessfully) and BJJ, it all adds up as I'm trying to budget for staying in a hostel, summer sun celebration which I definitely said I'd go to last year and I'm not backing out on that one, and getting there (good thing I live in London, makes things that much easier). But either way, I know it'll be worthwhile purely for the sake of the new venue. Dammit, I'm already hyped. Plus, it takes place in August, so it should be really hot by then, just the way I want it :D

Edited by Freedan

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys,

Just wondering if there are any of you that plan on going to the british version of bronycon, BUCK!

Its going to be held in Manchester and it would be awesome if I knew that other mlpforum members are attending :D

It will be held on the 23rd to 24th of August, here is the website if you want more info: http://www.buckcon.org/

This isn't a full meetup, just me checking who I can give irl brohoofs to when im there :)

BRITISH BRONIES UNITE!

There is a British version?

THAT'S SO COOL!

I hope the fandom keeps spreading!

Yep, its pretty awesome for us that cant go all the way to baltimore.

I doubt its as big and wont have as many awesome guests but its something and its sure to be awesome!

@@Yozer247,

Hi! I'm going to BUCK too n.n We have a thread for it already, so I've combined your one with this one here.

Speaking of which, here's something random I thought I'd share with the thread. Someone in the FB group hit up the Tyrone advertiser. It's hilarious:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TTuVbcNHwDo

Edited by Flipturn
  • Brohoof 1

Cool, I tried looking for an offical BUCK post but I geuss I missed this one

That tyrone thing is awesome, what is it? I think I have seen it before on other things

http://mlpforums.com/topic/137-post-a-picture-of-yourself/page-486#entry1961841

Here is a picture of me so you can recognise me incase we run into eachother! minus of course the moustache and sunglasses ^^

• Brohoof 1

Tickets are on sale folks!

They're all in one big batch this year, so make sure you get yours fast - if a ticket tier sells out, they won't be doing a Wave 2 like last year. What they won't run out of is normal access tickets; so you can come to BUCK at any point at all! ^^

banner_sale_halfsize-7503fd87a921bfbef4f

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Gosh I wish I could go but it's in Manchester. I'm from Swindon (Yeah laugh all you want). Anyway I'm too young to drive and I don't want to risk exposing my broniness, though it would have totally been worth it.

(edited)

Small update - The Living Tombstone confirmed for this year's BUCK :D This was just posted on Facebook:

awpDh9w.png

He was insanely good at the Summer Sun Celebration last year, so get hype ^.^

Edited by Flipturn

Thats awesome! I dont think I will be going to the summer sun celebration, but still really cool :D

• 5 weeks later...
(edited)

Update - 09/05/2014

Dave Polsky confirmed! He'll have his own panel talking about his episodes. Apparently he's trying to bring Merriwether Williams along as well, but that's not confirmed yet. Still, get hype! :D

Also confirmed are the team working on Legends of Equestria! Best pony game going around, and they'll be giving us a look into developing features and other info, so if you love it, you'll be pleased :)

Read more in this article.

Edited by Flipturn

• 2 months later...

There are now Day Tickets at £45. Tickets will be sold at the door by connecting online with our laptop - you'll need a card though: we can't take cash.

Check out our new Promo Video!

Edited by lasairfion
  • Brohoof 1

• 4 weeks later...

I have to say that BUCK was absolutely awesome.

It was my first con ever and im not disappointed.

The panels were funny and interesting and oh my god the cosplays were awesome.

I actually met people and made friends with another person with the same name as me ^^

I was a little sad about the lack of plushies on sale though :C

I think my favourite part has to be at the end of the cosplay competition when the space marine walked in and the crowd starting shouting "FOR THE EMPEROR"