Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do guys have it easier?

Onylex

So, I was Skypen' my sister yesterday and we were talking about life n' stuff but, to make a long story short, somewhere in the conversation she mentioned how she wish she was born a guy instead of a girl.

When I asked her why she simply said, "Because guys have it much easier than girls do". 

I assume by "it" she means life in general.

So asked her why she though that and, she pretty much listed the following.

• Guys have been seen as the dominate sex though out history (not including modern times)
  • Guys don't have as much of a worry when it comes to things like rape
  • Guys don't have a um... "monthly visitor"
  • Guys are discriminated less upon
  • And last but not least, guys don't have as much drama between one another as much as girls do

Personally, I think there are pros and cons to each sex. If you'd ask me, it really just depends on how many pros you think out way the cons and vice versa.

As for the drama, I think that just depends on your person as well as the people around you or rather, the people you hangout with.

But those are just my thoughts on it, I cant really speak for everybody(girls especially).

• Brohoof 1

I don't think guys have it easier because, both genders have their pros and cons but for one gender to have it easier the pros would have to out way the cons. So, that's the way I see it. We don't have it easier.

• Brohoof 2

Both genders have easier and hard things about their lives, it all just depends on each individual person and what they go through and act like. Personally, my life wouldn't be much different if I was born male honestly, both the bad and good things I have will more than likely still be there as a guy, as long as you discount the monthly blood sacrifice.

Edited by WheatleyCore
  • Brohoof 2

I am going to be blunt, but give what I say a chance before hating. There will never be a such thing as true gender equality in the human society. Period. Males and Females differ both physically and hormonally. This makes males generally better than females at some things and females generally better at some things than males. For example, my goal is to become a veterinarian. I had a conversation with  a recruiter at a veterinary medicine university and this is what he told me. "If we have two equal applicants one male and one female, the male will always get the position. Males are usually larger and stronger than females, and thus are better able to restrain larger animals than females, thus making males a more desirable applicant." 

That is all there is to it. Males are generally better at some things, females are generally better at some things. To say one sex is better than the other is ludicrous. To say that one sex is discriminated against than the other is a fallacy. There is a ton of discrimination against both females and males. I don't really want to get into that right now. What I can say though is that I am extremely glad I don't have a "monthly visitor."

PS. I am studying ecology at university. In most cases male individuals are ignored within a population and only the female population is considered. In ecology, the only important individuals are females, the males just give sperm :P

• Brohoof 6

Both have it hard, but lets not just assume that guys have it too easy.

Guys have tons of things that make life a hassle.

First of all, men are always expected to be the ones that go out and work in order to provide the family with food, money, and resources. Most men who don't graduate are seen as lower class. No Woman that's decent and has a good career will ever go for some no-body that failed in life. On the other hand, it is possible for a women with no education to go around and seduce smart men with money. Its easy and simple. Men are expected to work hard and become successful. The same thing with women... however you can also have the super easy option of just being a house wife and seducing your man for your own needs. Men could never get away with that type of lifestyle. You are either a successful man or a slump. 

Also... women hardly ever have to impress men. The whole "I have to be pretty and have a good body, and nice hair, and nails" is all bull crap. Just by having a vagina you are literally queen of the world. Men constantly have to be the ones that try to impress girls. Even in the animal kingdom, the males are the ones that bust their balls to find a mate. The females just sit back and chose.  Guys are also pressured into having to be funny, nice, well kept, smart, and good looking. Girls don't... guys eventually just show up and fulfill their needs.

Another thing, although we may not be all into that drama stuff, we still have our own man to man problems. Guys are forced to be bold and strong, or else they will get bullied and stomped by other guys. Everyday guys have to work hard to earn high statuses just so others will accept them. 

Edited by ♞RedLotus♞
  • Brohoof 8

No one got it easier, absolutely no one. My life was harsh, and still is, but I guess your is too. We've all got it harsh in different ways actually..

So nope, one gender is not better than the other, completly agreeing with Golden Shield, etc.

• Brohoof 1

Okay well,

1. That's only because we understand that the male in the species does most of the work as to obtain food, and protection, but the females provide food for their newborns (if mammals), and will fight with every fiber of their existence for their offspring.

2. That's not true. Both sexes in childhood are all targets of pedophilia, thus are in equal danger. Men are raped in prisons, and if you were to take into consideration the rape which occurs to males in correctional facilities, men are raped more than women.

3. Although men do not have periods, they are in equal danger of the contraction of STD's, and since their member is outside of the body, rather than inside, intense care and cleanliness is required, or the member could even fall off.

4. Non-straight men are discriminated upon, feminine men are laughed at, those who are not as strong, brute, or drinkers are mocked at, and all by the same gender.

5. That's not technically having it 'easier', that's simply a social occurance; even so, men strive to be equally, if not better, in athletic and strength related endeavors, as to avoid being laughed at.

Edited by Warning Points
  • Brohoof 1

In today's society, it seems to me like men are expected to work harder than women; and that men need to be strong and smart in order to have a good image. However, it's true that women have problems as well - each gender has their own issues, and besides, it kinds depends on the specific person.

Also, I don't know why you guys keep bringing up the blood issue; I can't be the only girl who suppresses bleeding...

I'm going to look at it from a societal point of view and say yes, in a sense, males have it easier than females.

For starters, let's look at adolescent teachings. Boys are often told at an early age about the definite split between "guys" and "girls" in society. Guys are taught about cooties, and are expected to avoid girls. And of course, there are moronic and hypocritical phrases like "boys will be boys" and "that's just their way of showing affection". Not to mention, girls are taught their whole lives to treat themselves in a way as to appease the male. Wear clothing, look pretty, lose weight, all that bullcrap.

Also, women are paid significantly less than men in jobs. This is somehow acceptable. Men are also more likely to be accepted for most jobs, shameful as it is.

Men who want sex are considered normal, and are even shunned at times if they have no sexual urges. Women who want sex are considered "sluts". That's another issue, since I don't have a name for a sex-hungry guy yet I can accuse a girl of being a slut and ruin her life with a single derogatory term.

Then, I add one of my favorites: rape culture. Good lord.

The thing here is that society is generally rigged for the sake of male rapists raping females. Many have confessed that they would defend a rapist in the face of incriminating evidence, and rapists themselves have confessed to having literally no shame in what they've done. Hell, the rape victims, when women, are often blamed for the issue. "Why did you wear such exposing clothing?" "Why did you fight?" "Why were you in that area?" "It's your fault."

And no, of course I'm not saying males can't be raped by females. But I bet they'd happily take the male's side if the assailant was a female.

Case in point, yes, women have it harder. I know this argument has likely sounded narrow-minded and weak, but I challenge anyone to prove a point wrong. Honestly, I'm more than willing to listen if I've messed up.

Being a guy is definitely an advantage and honestly we do have it easier than women. It's somewhat comparable to 'White Priviledge', but not as drastic.

I take a bit of offense to both those statements. First off, both genders have pros and cons, but there's very articulate posts that already cover that, so I'll direct you to those. Golden Shield puts it best, so read his post to know my opinion. I'll instead confront you on the "White Privilege" quip. I know its not directly related to this thread, so I'll keep it to a minimum, but I've worked very hard and long for the opportunities I have, and didn't just have them given to me because I am white. My friends who are able to check the minority boxes on college applications and other forms openly admit that they have it easier than me. White Privilege certainly existed well up into the late 90s, but not so much anymore. 

I don't know why you guys keep bringing up the blood issue

I didn't mention it, my sister did. 

I just listed/mentioned what she said. 

Honestly, I feel completely uncomfortable whenever someone just mentions it let alone has a conversation about it. 

Its always so awkward...   :unsure:

• Brohoof 1

I take a bit of offense to both those statements. First off, both genders have pros and cons, but there's very articulate posts that already cover that, so I'll direct you to those. Golden Shield puts it best, so read his post to know my opinion. I'll instead confront you on the "White Privilege" quip. I know its not directly related to this thread, so I'll keep it to a minimum, but I've worked very hard and long for the opportunities I have, and didn't just have them given to me because I am white. My friends who are able to check the minority boxes on college applications and other forms openly admit that they have it easier than me. White Privilege certainly existed well up into the late 90s, but not so much anymore. 

If you believe 'White Priviledge' doesn't exist anymore then good for you!(not meant to be sarcastic, although it definitely comes off that way) You haven't been anywhere that you actually expierienced it yet. Without a doubt it isn't anywhere near as extreme as it used to be, but it still exists in a much more toned down version.

Opening point: Men have it a little harder than woman because of the fact we are expected to work the land.  Since day 1 Men were made to work the land and care for the animals, women are partners for men (just my view, don't trash me for that yet).  We as "Men" are being asked to provide and survive with our family we create with our woman.

Men: Pros/Cons:

Pros: We as men are;

Stronger, we can lift and move things easier

Work horses: Relied on to do the load needed to make our necessities

Half Child bearers: We carry 1/2 of the Genetics required to make a child (AKA Sperm)

Cons: We as Men

WEAK-POINT: Have a rather cheap kill shot zone if met with the precise amount of force needed to raise the Del units past its limit

Bad rap: Thanks to some of the players out there in the world (and NO you may not use the "Don't hate the player, hate the game line.") Those of us guys who are nice need to work X10 as hard to make nice women like us.

X2 Work:  In today's world a guy must do double if not triple the amount of work in a Women dominated area of work to even GET a notice of our skills.  Fast food, Pet stores, Retail, anything involving the "Gun Show" makes us work waaay more for the meal ticket.

"Food Chain":  For "Weaker" men we suffer from a big issue, and that's a sucker punch.  Some guys (and gals) like to "command rule" in a certain area, and if you ain't up to snuff you're gonna be snuffed.

Women: Pros/Cons

Cons (reverse order!)

Mother Nature:  Time of the month, Nile of Red, System check, Period, Leave Me Alone Syndrome, Buy me Chocolate, and the list goes on.  I ain't picking on these names, there just part of the list of things you can nicely call it save for the fourth one in. That one is more direct.  Yes to the credit of women this really ducks big time.

Nine Months + Birth:  Got a bun in the oven don'tcha?  Great if you're married, expecting and planned it, or looking forward to parenthood in general.  A one way ticket to banish/disownment and dislike from fellow classmates and so forth if this...wasn't planned.

"Doing the deed" comes with its share of risks in life and this is one of them.  Perfect for making your first step to a new family, a pain if you're not looking forward to finding the best excuse to tell mom and dad WHY.

Rape:  Yes because some men just CAN'T control themselves and need an outlet, you're it!  Gonna leave it alone at that because I hate the fact some guys think about it and those guys deserve a very fierce punishment I cant describe without asking for permission to make my comment 17+

Pros:

Nine Months + Birth:  It ain't all bad.  You carry 1/2 of the Genetics required for this, mainly the eggs!  Sure making babies can be fun, pleasurable, and a bonding experience all in one.  This will bring a new joy into your life, and bragging rights to hold your new child and say "I MADE THIS!!"

Easier work life via "looks":  In short because today's society is driven on sex appeal and apparently women are easily more "sexy" than men you get jobs easier and all sorts of things.

Treated as royalty by almost EVERY guy:  The end

Not required to do heavy things:  The end

NOW then. I understand some women can buck the work load like men no problem, I ain't here to hate.  I just wanted to shed some light to how I've seen and been raised into things so far in my life.  IF you find something offensive please let me know and i'll do my best to make it nicer.  Otherwise I respect everyone's rights to their; opinions, life, ideals and beliefs, and wills to read this at their own choosing.

The only way a man has it "better" than a woman is if he is extremely attractive.  An extremely attractive woman can easily manipulate unattractive men, but an extremely attractive man is usually not manipulated by an extremely attractive woman, and he is easily able to manipulate her if he desires.  This is one of the biggest downfalls to being born a woman.  This is one example as to why lots of women stay with abusive husbands, despite the physical violence and emotional abuse. 

But my words don't hold much strength, because I am not a woman, nor have a I experienced being a woman.  

Edited by Deesinn

Both have advantages and disadvantages

Males: We are tough, more aggressive, and generally better at physical labor.

Females: Men bend over backwards for you. Are tougher (they have to go through birth). Usually better with feelings than men

like other people have said, they both have pros and cons.

i like being a woman. my math teacher literally only passed me because he thought I was attractive. I can flirt and get guys to do stuff for me, etc. But I see your points the male "pros" too.

Periods arent that bad btw.

If you believe 'White Priviledge' doesn't exist anymore then good for you!(not meant to be sarcastic, although it definitely comes off that way) You haven't been anywhere that you actually expierienced it yet. Without a doubt it isn't anywhere near as extreme as it used to be, but it still exists in a much more toned down version.

What do you mean by that? I find it hard to believe that I'll get preferential treatment for being a white male, that's anti-diversity! If anything, its a crutch in trying to get into good colleges or win awards and accolades locally. 

Edited by Windy Runner

Both have psychological and physical advantages and disadvantages. For an argument favoring one sex, you can come up with a counter-point for the other sex. As to the degree of such advantages/disadvantaged well that's up for debate.

Alls I know is Doctor XFizzle has it easier because Doctor XFizzle is awesome

• Brohoof 1