Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do guys have it easier?

Onylex

The entire concept of white privilege, or male privilege, or any of that is hypocritical bullshit. Bring that up is shitting all over the message of "don't be ashamed of how your were born" and turning into "don't be ashamed of how you were born, unless your were born into "privileged" group, then *bleep you*, we hate you" That's not this topic though, so I'll move on.

It depends on the place and situation. In the west(specifically the US) there's several ways women actually have the upper. As condescending as the attitude of assuming women need protected all the time is, it has the silver lining of making them a almost always unacceptable target. My friend Mark a shining example of this happening. Even though his (now ex) wife abused for years, both physically and mentally while he never raised a hand in retaliation, the one time he had a little to much to drink and said some nasty stuff to her and her new lover on the phone(which he broke down crying and apologized for immediately afterwords while telling the new guy he better take care of her) He's now the villain while she continues to be a pain in the ass to both of us, up to seeking out me and my mother in a store when while we were shopping together, just to trash talk him(which my Mom almost came unglued over because she considers him almost like an adopted son)

That rambly, but the point is that there are several ways in the west that women have the upper hand as product of the same attitude you could call passive aggressively sexist. It's kind of a screwed-up double edged sword.         

Edited by Shoboni

What do you mean by that? I find it hard to believe that I'll get preferential treatment for being a white male, that's anti-diversity! If anything, its a crutch in trying to get into good colleges or win awards and accolades locally. 

I honestly have to admit that I have previously accused myself of racist beliefs in my workplace. We have a number of Indian coders that I sometimes unconsciously make generalizations about "not knowing how to code shit right". Part of it is my extreme difficulty with accents.

The "upper body strength" stat is often brought up for men. But, if you're ever starved for reasons to think of women as superior in some way, social aspects are certainly one. While it's never a certainty, in general, women are more likely to pick up on all the hundreds of social cues and "emotion-reading" of someone - they can tell when the person talking to them has confidence, or not. One of the few industries that I know is dominated by women is Public Relations. (The kinds of contractors that are hired when your company accidentally spilled radioactive waste into Yellowstone National Park, and it's all in the news)

Trying to determine equality / inequality is probably difficult mainly because each has difficulty understanding the sorts of problems the other goes though.

• Brohoof 1

I don't think I can recall a problem where being male has brought me trouble mentally, physically, or socially. All I can say is that both genders have their own expectations.

I don't know but I'll just name the Pro's And Con's that I know through out the media and btw this came from a girl...-

Boys-

Pros:

*More money for jobs

*Better chance of schooling + jobs

*Less Drama

*Looks doesn't count that much

*No worries about clothes or hair ( mostly )

*No PMS or " Girl Stuff"

Cons:

*Puberty + Voice cracking

*Forced sterotypes of being the bread winner ( getting a job. )

*Being kicked in the balls ( ouch! )

*Less chance of sex.....

*And Sweat stains ( eww.. )

*Awkward b0ners...

Girls-

Pros:

*Free stuff + dinner when dating

*Love shopping ( You Know sterotypes stuff )

*Can dress up nice + makeup without looking gay or weird ( Depends )

*Its easy to get a boyfriend or just plain boy in the "friend zone"

* It Doesn't hurt if you get hit the the private part.

Cons:

*PMS or Periods

*Peggers ( Babies ) - This will hurt.. ALOT.

*Judged by media and boys if they do not look pretty or perfect.

*In other places girls are not allowed to have schooling and they not very smart.

*Sterotyped on the girl's bodies in books and stuff.

*Earns less then a man does, even on a same job. (Every $0.75 per every $1.00)

*Sex hurts (For the first time )

*And Drama Drama Drama

-Hope this helps! :-)

don't know but I'll just name the Pro's And Con's that I know through out the media and btw this came from a girl...- Boys- Pros: *More money for jobs *Better chance of schooling + jobs *Less Drama *Looks doesn't count that much *No worries about clothes or hair ( mostly ) *No PMS or " Girl Stuff" Cons: *Puberty + Voice cracking *Forced stereotypes of being the bread winner ( getting a job. ) *Being kicked in the balls ( ouch! ) *Less chance of sex..... *And Sweat stains ( eww.. ) *Awkward b0ners... Girls- Pros: *Free stuff + dinner when dating *Love shopping ( You Know stereotypes stuff ) *Can dress up nice + makeup without looking gay or weird ( Depends ) *Its easy to get a boyfriend or just plain boy in the "friend zone" * It Doesn't hurt if you get hit the the private part. Cons: *PMS or Periods *Preggers ( Babies ) - This will hurt.. A LOT. *Judged by media and boys if they do not look pretty or perfect. *In other places girls are not allowed to have schooling and they not very smart. *Stereotyped on the girl's bodies in books and stuff. *Earns less then a man does, even on a same job. (Every $0.75 per every $1.00) *Sex hurts (For the first time ) *And Drama Drama Drama -Hope this helps! :-)

These are all key points, and I am not trying to make an argument just stating this.

Depending on the working environment indeed yes men make more than women do, BUT vice versa can happen as well.  Our society has managed to make a Battle of the Sexes every time it gets the chance, and thanks to Cooperate America it happens EVERY SINGLE DAY.

Not exactly.

Guys may have some parts easy compared to girls, but entirely? Not really.

For starters, men can't hit girls, as that's disrespect and not the most gentlemen of actions, they also have to take most of the response-abilities when it comes to every day stuff like work and manual labor just as much as girls.

Also, this is just a saying, but guys have a weak spot when kicked somewhere, so girls don't have to worry too much I guess.

I, to be honest, enjoy being female. I'm not saying being a boy is not fun, but, then again, I wouldn't know.

Men don't have to deal with childbirth, that... "visitor" you mentioned, or certain articles of clothing that I won't mention.

BUT...

I enjoy being a girl. I like being elegant and classy. It's just one of the many types of girls. (Though boys can be elegant, too.) I love wearing jewelry and dressing up, and doing my hair, and making things pretty... You get the picture.

Both have pros and cons, I don't really see us having an easier time. But still I can't say being a guy is hard for me, life is hard doesn't matter which gender.

I think the biggest pro is being able to do number one standing.. But then again women could do that it's just a bit weird.

Oh, yes also the multiple orgasms part that is definitely a pro for the women.

Edited by Fluttershyfan94

Opening point: Men have it a little harder than woman because of the fact we are expected to work the land.  Since day 1 Men were made to work the land and care for the animals, women are partners for men (just my view, don't trash me for that yet).  We as "Men" are being asked to provide and survive with our family we create with our woman.

Men: Pros/Cons:

Pros: We as men are;

Stronger, we can lift and move things easier

Work horses: Relied on to do the load needed to make our necessities

Half Child bearers: We carry 1/2 of the Genetics required to make a child (AKA Sperm)

Cons: We as Men

WEAK-POINT: Have a rather cheap kill shot zone if met with the precise amount of force needed to raise the Del units past its limit

Bad rap: Thanks to some of the players out there in the world (and NO you may not use the "Don't hate the player, hate the game line.") Those of us guys who are nice need to work X10 as hard to make nice women like us.

X2 Work:  In today's world a guy must do double if not triple the amount of work in a Women dominated area of work to even GET a notice of our skills.  Fast food, Pet stores, Retail, anything involving the "Gun Show" makes us work waaay more for the meal ticket.

"Food Chain":  For "Weaker" men we suffer from a big issue, and that's a sucker punch.  Some guys (and gals) like to "command rule" in a certain area, and if you ain't up to snuff you're gonna be snuffed.

Women: Pros/Cons

Cons (reverse order!)

Mother Nature:  Time of the month, Nile of Red, System check, Period, Leave Me Alone Syndrome, Buy me Chocolate, and the list goes on.  I ain't picking on these names, there just part of the list of things you can nicely call it save for the fourth one in. That one is more direct.  Yes to the credit of women this really ducks big time.

Nine Months + Birth:  Got a bun in the oven don'tcha?  Great if you're married, expecting and planned it, or looking forward to parenthood in general.  A one way ticket to banish/disownment and dislike from fellow classmates and so forth if this...wasn't planned.

"Doing the deed" comes with its share of risks in life and this is one of them.  Perfect for making your first step to a new family, a pain if you're not looking forward to finding the best excuse to tell mom and dad WHY.

Rape:  Yes because some men just CAN'T control themselves and need an outlet, you're it!  Gonna leave it alone at that because I hate the fact some guys think about it and those guys deserve a very fierce punishment I cant describe without asking for permission to make my comment 17+

Pros:

Nine Months + Birth:  It ain't all bad.  You carry 1/2 of the Genetics required for this, mainly the eggs!  Sure making babies can be fun, pleasurable, and a bonding experience all in one.  This will bring a new joy into your life, and bragging rights to hold your new child and say "I MADE THIS!!"

Easier work life via "looks":  In short because today's society is driven on sex appeal and apparently women are easily more "sexy" than men you get jobs easier and all sorts of things.

Treated as royalty by almost EVERY guy:  The end

Not required to do heavy things:  The end

NOW then. I understand some women can buck the work load like men no problem, I ain't here to hate.  I just wanted to shed some light to how I've seen and been raised into things so far in my life.  IF you find something offensive please let me know and i'll do my best to make it nicer.  Otherwise I respect everyone's rights to their; opinions, life, ideals and beliefs, and wills to read this at their own choosing.

that is not true. I can easily say that in my life I have never had a male in real life who isn't related to me be nice to me except for one.

Edited by MorningFlash

that is not true. I can easily say that in my life I have never had a male in real life who isn't related to me be nice to me except for one.

Then either I'm surrounded by a lot of S&W's that guys go to perv town in the head with, or you have guys with girls with common sense! *shudders*  Not saying every-pony doesn't I'm just saying Common Sense is rare

Guys have been seen as the dominate sex though out history (not including modern times)

Guys don't have as much of a worry when it comes to things like rape

Guys don't have a um... "monthly visitor"

Guys are discriminated less upon And last but not least,

guys don't have as much drama between one another as much as girls do

True, but Women were always given things freely and protected heavily as a result (though demeaned in the same manner, and often controlled. So still point you :) )

Guys have just as much to worry about when it comes to rape, while its not as commonly reported and is less, it is by far no threat. Its actually questionable how far less it is since most men won't report it out of pride and masculinity.

But we do have an additional easy access "weak spot". As well as fewer methods of "satisfaction", or methods to get such from...

Guys are discriminated less, but not by as much as people like to think. Its actually becoming more and more common that men are the target of discrimination and persecution based of preconceived notions that men are more dangerous. One example is in the military. A man has to jump through hoops to prove any wrongdoing against them (usually just being told "shutup and take it like a man") where if a woman files a complaint, the entire command will be in upheaval as a result. They are VERY paranoid about the sexual discrimination thing, but mostly on the female side for some reason..

Guys have just as much, if not more, drama than women. Just not in the same manner and not as openly spoken of with women. Its kept within the circle rather than openly spread to the first person that asks. I could write a book about the drama other guys have brought to the work place and laid out to the male co workers. But in front of any female... they button up and act all macho. A guy will lie to every woman he comes across most of the time on emotional issues and such, while barely scratching it with his guy friends. But I've had to just walk away from some guys doing this, as its just as annoying.

Asking out a girl is pretty fucking hard.

And thanks to feminazi's its also borderline illegal.

To quote the sexual harassment video I saw at an old job

"Sexual harassment is in the view of the victim"

Basically, no matter what, if someone doesn't like you, something you do, say, or wear, all they need to do is file a complaint and its sexual harassment. Even if they weren't involved in whatever happened. You could be flirting with someone else entirely (such as your own significant other) and if someone see's/hears this and doesn't like it. Thats sexual harassment. (this was actually one example used during this presentation btw. It can even be a CLEAN conversation)

While I know most won't actually trigger this, there is a number of people doing it, and its making life a lot harder for everyone else.

This technically applies both ways though BTW. But a guy would be given the above mentioned "Shut up and take it like a man" treatment, and need to fight just to get things started.

Edited by GrimCW

Both have it easier in some respect.

For example, girls can play the "I'm a girl" card. If a guy tries to say "well, I'm a guy" in order to get or justify something, at best he is ignored and at worst he is labeled a sexist pig.

• Brohoof 1

Well, I'm biased to say, life for me would be easier as a woman.

But it really depends, on many different factors.

Men:

+ No pregnancy (or there shouldn't be...)

+ USUALLY more athletic overally.

+ Less stereotyped

+ Can get practically any job.

- Expected to do all of the physical work. (I can't...)

- Usually less intelligent (not necessarily in my case.)

- Restricted on social norms (I have issues with this all the time...)

- Awkwardness. (I have this problem everyday...)

Women

+ Usually more intelligent.

+ Not expected to work as much (yay...)

+ Able to express their style more freely.

+ Usually, not as awkward.

- Pregnancy.

- Weakness.

- Stereotypes.

- Harder to get a job. The military offers less positions to women than men.

Edited by Twilight Sniper
  • Brohoof 1

both sides have equal difficulty if you want an answer to the smallest point is that it depends on the person and what they value in life what they hate and what they feel the other side is like. there is no real answer however that anyone here can give you that would just be right. Your going to have to find that answer that best fit you.

Edited by an da eilc

If girls do and like guy things it's hot. If guys do or like girl things they are gay, perverts or just generally socially awkward. Talk about imbalance. :lol:

How about the fact that everyone wants to hire the capable woman but no one wants to hire the capable guy just because having someone more attractive at the register or on the phone is better for returning customers?

How about a girl hitting on a guy means she's interested but a guy hitting on a girl is creepy? (Unless he's supermodel hot)

Gotta love how it's perfectly okay for a woman to be obsessed with sex but when a guy is he's just a bad influence.

Not to mention when everyone assumes because I'm a guy that I'm strong and like heavy lifting and I get volunteered for helping people move when I have no interest in these people whatsoever?

Being a stay at home mom is okay but being a stay at home dad is lazy.

Fuck all that, I'd rather be a woman. (not really, just raging) :lol:

Note: Most of this post was meant to be taken facetiously with a grain of truth. Don't gang up on me pl0x. :(

Edited by Discordian
  • Brohoof 2

I can't help buy feel that if I was born a female I'd have it much easier than I do now. Not that I'd want a gender change or anything, but since I'm a rather effeminate guy I'm not very popular among other males, leading to bullying, leading to confidence issues, etc. etc.

Whereas if I was a female my personality would seem more "fitting" for my gender stereotype and I may not be like I am now. I think it really depends on how society perceives you indivially. I'd say its harder to be an effeminate male than a masculine female in this time.

Then again, that's just one area. As a whole I think it's harder for females because...well, gender inequality still exists. Most likely I'll always exist in some forms, but for now it'd seem like women have it more rough in my opinion.

There was a fantastic article about a guy who made a female dating profile, and deleted it two hours later, found here. Not in all aspects obviously, but in some ways women do have it harder, especially on the internet. This coming from a woman who met her husband on an online dating website. However, because of that, I feel especially lucky, because it's not the norm. I also had to slog through many a craptastic date.

• Brohoof 1

These are all key points, and I am not trying to make an argument just stating this.

Depending on the working environment indeed yes men make more than women do, BUT vice versa can happen as well.  Our society has managed to make a Battle of the Sexes every time it gets the chance, and thanks to Cooperate America it happens EVERY SINGLE DAY.

I am not trying to to make a argument but just saying what are the pros and cons about each gender. Not trying to prove a point but  more like a question, you get what I am trying to say? 

I am not trying to to make a argument but just saying what are the pros and cons about each gender. Not trying to prove a point but  more like a question, you get what I am trying to say? 

*nods head* eeyup!

100% understood

Well, I can't say that I really have an opinion one way or another, but I will try to offer some sociological insight. Males, as the dominant culture, have more power, but at the same time, they have less freedom in that they are expected to stay within a more confined range of what the societal norm for males is. Basically, it's easier (in theory) for a girl to get away with acting more masculine than it is for a guy to get away with acting more feminine.