Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Why does everyone love Rarity so much?

Not_Human_

You know what, I'm not gonna get a real answer here. Im done.

Haha. I implore you to listen to everyone when they say that Fluttershy is waaaaay more popular than Rarity.

But fine, I'll try to answer your question. I don't like Fluttershy as much as Rarity because she never changes and seems to be there just so people can identify with her. I love Rarity because she's more developed, manipulative, dramatic, and funny (not exactly qualities I look for in a human being, but in a show about talking ponies? Well...).

But like I said, people don't like Rarity because she gets away with a lot more mean shit than the other ponies do. Ironically enough, That's why I like her.

weird I thought everyone liked Fluttershy and hated Rarity. :P

what it's true is that the fandom is changing guys, 2 years ago Rainbow Dash was always first in favs, while Rarity and AJ were the least favorites, AJ was even named background pony.

But now, Rarity and AJ are usually taking the first places in favorite pony within the fandom!

• Brohoof 2

weeeellll, i personally love rarity and dislike fluttershy, but i wouldnt go as far as to say every loves rarity and everybody hates fluttershy. i personally havent even noticed much love coming to rarity. as a matter of fact, ive spoke to people who absolutley HATE rarity. and ive spoke to people who hate Fluttershy, or Rainbow Dash or Twilight or Pinkie or AJ or any other character because the fact of the matter is that every brony has a different opinion on different characters, you feel me? Now, i will answer the question you orginally asked but im going to answer it slightly altered;

"why do YOU love rarity?"

now, I love her because her element is very close to my heart, i value generousity very much and try my hardest to be a generous friend. that's how i fell in love with rarity. but once i started liking her, i realized i started liking other things about her such as her voice, her design, and mostly her personality. I loved how prissy she was! but she still managed to make time and help out her friends. that's why i love rarity, but everyone has their reasons, as i said. anyway, my point was; don't over-generalize the entire fandom by saying "well, everyone likes *insert name here* and EVERYBODY hates *insert new name here*. See what im saying? I personally think its great that rarity is getting some love *w*

• Brohoof 2

She's cute...lovely...smart...plus...amazing...you think so?...oh yes...it...stunning...kindly...love it! Hug her...when...sleeping...warm and cuddly...spectacular...ravishing

Haha. That guy REALLY liked his Rapidash. Makes for some really good material for Let's Play jokes.

It's people personal opinions, and I doubt they actually hate the others when they prefer one.

I love rainbow dash ( :wub: ) but I dont hate/dislike the others, I just don't like them as much.

Some people probably do hate the others, but they are definitely the minority.

Edited by joecal97
  • Brohoof 1

I can't stand Fluttershy, and I adore Rarity. But here's the thing, not everyone loves Rarity, and not everyone hates Fluttershy. I'm in the minority with my hate of Fluttershy, and I have seen Rarity getting the most hate of out all the mane 6 members. It all just depends on where you look, some places may have more Rarity-Lovers and Fluttershy-Haters, while others may have more Rarity-Haters, and more Fluttershy-lovers. And don't generalize saying that everyone loves Rarity, since I have encountered a good bit of people on here who can't stand her. 

In my opinion, I love Rarity because she's complex, beautiful, funny, and a good singer to make it short. And I hate Fluttershy because she gets on my nerves, she's not very interesting, and despite being shy myself, her voice grates on my ears. Both Marshmallow-Pone and Yellow-Quiet do have good and bad traits of one another, it's all just a matter of preference, really. 

Edited by WheatleyCore
  • Brohoof 3

Based on what I see, the characters are in this rank

1.) Pinkie Pie

2.) Rainbow Dash

3.) Twilight Sparkle 

4.)Fluttershy

5.) Rarity 

6.) Apple Jack

I personally think Rarity is my least favorite, I love all 6 of them. But Rarity to me is much more snobbier and more conceited than Rainbow Dash.

Oh boy another "Why does everyone like..."

Wait Rarity? Really?

If anything, she's the most underrated the mane 6.

As for Fluttershy, she's not very high on my list(she's 5 out of 6), but there are plenty of great things to like about her

• Brohoof 2

I think it's because she is a drama queen.

That makes her hilarious with her over-the-top tantrums. 

Also, she actually has a lot of depth as a character. 

Another one of these threads? Well, my friend, let me enlighten you.

Rarity is a high-class, sophisticated unicorn with several pinches of generosity. She's an excellent hostess to everypony around her and is always polite. She is also quite beautiful, and it is true when they say that heads turn as she walks down the street.

Did that help? ;)

• Brohoof 1

I personally can't stand Rarity. Sure, hate cannons are probably trained on me, but I just don't like her. Notice I never said hate. I said dislike. Ponka is my favorite because I can relate to her (I'm childish and I love making people smile.). Here's my favorites:

1) Pinkparty

2) Quietyellow

3.) Fastblue

4.)Purplesmart

5.) Applehat

6.) Prettywhite

There ye go.

Rarity is at the top of my list for one, like her animation and character style, and being a drama queen.

Also, she breaks the typical female trope in media that Pretty, successful, fasion driven, feminine girls are always stuck up, condescending, conniving, and generally b**chy. How often are those girls portrayed or seen as role models for women? The feminist movement tried to seperate feminism from success to say unless you are independant and against girly things, you are not successful nor a strong person, which is not the case. Look at the episode "Dog and Pony Show." Rarity uses her wits cleverly to not only escape, but take all the villians jewels too! She didn't even need rescuing by the Mane.

Also, she is fabulous.

ylVHVLh.jpg

• Brohoof 2

Well, for a few reasons.

First of all, as many people have said already, she is really funny, and there are points where Tabitha is hilariously over-the-top in the way she plays her character, adding to the humor and charm.

Second, I'm always a fan of the overly eccentric personalities when it comes to characters in shows, and Rarity is the definition of that.  They always do things you wouldn't necessarily expect from them, especially if they're protagonists (or in one case in Power Rangers, if they get married).

And finally, she's essentially the MLP version of Glinda from Wicked in terms of personality, and that was my favorite character in that show.  So it goes without saying that she remains one of my favorites in FiM.

Well, just a quick question. Why does everyone hate fluttershy and love rarity soooo much?

Why does everyone hate fluttershy and love rarity soooo much?

Why does everyone

everyone

Well, I guess that makes it official: We all hate Flutters, and Rare is best pone. It is law.

• Brohoof 2

Well, I guess that makes it official: We all hate Flutters, and Rare is best pone. It is law.

Agreed. All opinions must be the same. We are all are clones with no differences.

Rairty is a one of a kind pony, and while others may have good reasons to like their favorite pony, Rairty just has that extra personality and gracw that makes her everyone's favorite.

For example, while others might label her as hot and attractive, I find her genuinely beautiful and amazingly natural, something most girls in cartoons can rarely pull off most of the times.

Overall, her maturity, grace, and personality makes her an ideal choice to be anyone's favorite pony. :)

• Brohoof 3

Rarity fans love Rarity because, she has a personality that makes you want to love her for who she is plus asking why someone loves their favorite pony is pretty redundant.

I don't hate anypony! At least not from the Mane Six. All of them have qualities I adore. But from my list of most loved to least loved, my list looks like this:

1) Fluttershy - I, as well as probably a lot of Bronies who may be socially awkward, identity with her. Especially animal lovers. She's spot on to what many of us are like.

2) Pinkie Pie - She is the pony I'd most aspire to be. A great host, friendly, always trying to get people to smile. Can be a tad annoying at times. But otherwise a total charmer.

3) Applejack - I love her ideals as a hard worker. I heavily dislike her stubbornness and when she refuses to include friends in helping her despite desperately needing it. But otherwise she's totally the type of friend who would always be there for you if you needed help moving.

4) Twilight Sparkle - I find her honestly kind of boring at times. But I identify with that. Because I imagine her being in our world being the type of girl who's buried in her electronic devices studying wikipedias, snopes and TV Tropes like I do.

5) Rarity - I love her ideals of generosity, and her temper tantrums or times when she cries are just too darn adorable. But she comes off way too bitchy the majority of the time, sometimes treats her friends like crap and everyone just ignores it and moves on for no particular reason. I imagine Rarity being later in life removing herself from her "uncool" friends and immersing herself into a life of hollywood and drug abuse in order to achieve fame. lol.

6) Rainbow Dash - She has Applejack's stubbornness, but without the good intentions. She's always trying to prove that she's better than the other ponies, wanting the attention to be on what she's doing, and she bullies others for the sake of fun. Her only redeeming qualities to me are the fact that she'll at least defend her friends when they are in trouble. But she's just too wholly selfish and bull headed for me to identify with her at all.

I always thought that Fluttershy is probably the most loved pony in this fandom. And I never understood why xD Maybe because while I like Fluttershy I also see a lot of flaws in her character and for me she's rather overrated. And this is actually pretty sad, because she has potential. She's just poorly developed, especially compared to Rarity or Rainbow. Most of fans, when asked why they love Fluttershy say something like "because she's cute". And it's kind of... unfair? I never understood how you can like the characters ONLY, because they're cute. And I never understood, why writers do almost nothing with Fluttershy. Since always the episodes about her were only about her shyness and love for animals. And nothing more. The fans often complain about how monothematic are episodes about Applejack, but... are they really? We had episodes about her perfectionism. Competitiveness. Love for family. Work. Stubborness. A relationship with her sister. Fear of not being good enough. Etc. She's pretty good developed, even if some fans tend to think otherwise, while I really can't say much more about Fluttershy than what we already knew at the beggining of the series.

And to answer a question in the topic... As others said: Rarity got a lot of hate from fandom, while I almost never see hateful posts about Shy. I personally like Rarity better, because I can relate to her and I find her love for fashion and relationships with others interesying. And the episodes about her are usually really funny and memorable :)

Edited by Anilewe
  • Brohoof 1

I always thought that Fluttershy is probably the most loved pony in this fandom. And I never understood why xD Maybe because while I like Fluttershy I also see a lot of flaws in her character and for me she's rather overrated. And this is actually pretty sad, because she has potential. She's just poorly developed, especially compared to Rarity or Rainbow. Most of fans, when asked why they love Fluttershy say something like "because she's cute". And it's kind of... unfair? I never understood how you can like the characters ONLY, because they're cute. And I never understood, why writers do almost nothing with Fluttershy. Since always the episodes about her were only about her shyness and love for animals. And nothing more. The fans often complain about how monothematic are episodes about Applejack, but... are they really? We had episodes about her perfectionism. Competitiveness. Love for family. Work. Stubborness. A relationship with her sister. Fear of not being good enough. Etc. She's pretty good developed, even if some fans tend to think otherwise, while I really can't say much more about Fluttershy than what we already knew at the beggining of the series.

And to answer a question in the topic... As others said: Rarity got a lot of hate from fandom, while I almost never see hateful posts about Shy. I personally like Rarity better, because I can relate to her and I find her love for fashion and relationships with others interesying. And the episodes about her are usually really funny and memorable :)

I think Fluttershy is the most popular because a majority of the Brony fanbase themselves are actually socially awkward, shy, timid animal lovers like Fluttershy is. She's the easiest one to identify with. While that's not so much the case for the others.

Rarity has the whole artistic thing going for her, which is a big part of the fandom. But I don't really think many Bronies really identify themselves with a prim and proper drama queen on an emotional level.

Applejack under any other show would be the stereotypical redneck that doesn't understand how modern interactions work or why people can't just "suck it up" and be social. So I see why she's often at the bottom of most lists.

Rainbow Dash has a lot of fans in my opinion in spite of her personality. Because a lot of what she represents is the personality types of the bullies that make fun of Bronies in the first place. But I think the rainbow hair and her interactions of sticking up for Fluttershy help identify her with the LGBT and Brony bases respectively.

Pinkie Pie is just comic relief. There really isn't that many people that exist that are like this. But she's one of the more popular ones BECAUSE she's funny and always good for a laugh from the show.

Twilight Sparkle is the mary sue, and her book nerdiness is SUPPOSED to endear her to the same crowd that likes Fluttershy the best. But I think a lot of her personality comes off as forced. After being proven wrong time and again that Celestia isn't some tyrant monster bent on destroying her if she goofs up, she STILL freaks out everytime something even slightly wrong might happen in Celestias presence. And I don't think this is realistic character development. Even the most paranoid of people would get the point after a while, but they keep this apart of her personality just for the sake of character consistency instead of growth.

The whole point of the Brony culture is that these socially awkward middle aged guys are being accepted despite their flaws, which is all Fluttershy want's to be. She doesn't need anymore character development to just connect with the Brony's on a very fundamental level.

Edited by Kraken B. Trippin