Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

A Thing I don't really like

The8-BitPegasus

Hey Guys! I'm a new member. Earlier today and Yesterday I was trying to post a blog and the button didn't show up to make one.

I PMed SkyBound and Him

We found out you have to make 5 post on forums to make blogs

Why is that a thing

I really don't get why you have to make post before you can blog.

I have no Idea why there is a random Him in a sentence. Silly me! :b

My guess is to keep spammers to a minimum, we don't want random people coming and filling up the forums with unpony related stuff. The point is that if you want to post a blog you have to spend time on the page, maybe not much but it is enough. Until you can do that I recommend cruising around and answering questions and greeting people new to the cite. This entire post I did just brought me closer to being able to post blogs so yeah.

Our website is centered around forum interaction and discussion, rather than blogging :3 Blogs were introduced half-way into our sites' lifetime, and as such, they can be considered an add-on. Like a few other things (access to specific sections, etc.), blogs require a minor amount of that forum interaction before you can use them, because obviously, use of the forums is the focus of our site, not blogs.

Five posts isn't very demanding, and it's rather easy to get that many by simply introducing yourself in a new welcome topic, and having a few friendly conversations with some people. Something I would encourage one to do right off, anyway. To be honest, blog activity and views can be very minor and unsatisfying as opposed to topics.

• Brohoof 2