Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Budding Night

So, I got Photoshop CS6 about a week ago, and after mucking around with it for a few days, I made my first ever, second ever and third ever signatures! :D

I spent awhile on the first and second so I could get them done up all nice while exploring around the program a bit and trying new things, but the third one took me absolutely no time at all. Even if I've only done three, so far I've found it to be really fun c:

Here they are!

#1:

img-2278212-1-wmb2gk.jpg

#2:

img-2278212-2-n1qcu9.jpg

#3:

img-2278212-3-257ev7b.jpg

Yeah! :3

They're not really that good or anything, I don't know much at all about how to use Photoshop, but I'm fairly happy with how these three turned out! Though the second one turned out a little weird :P

Feedback and/or any advice or tips is very much appreciated - I'd love to hear what you guys think of my creations!

Enjoy and have a nice day/night! :D

All Signatures in order:

All Wallpapers in order: 

(Won't let me have them as pictures :( Sorry guys)

Edited by Budding Night
  • Brohoof 5

Though the second one turned out a little weird :P

I disagree. The silhouettes of Nightmare Moon and Chrysalis work very well, especially with the gradual transition from light blue to a soft nuclear green. Perhaps though you may want to harden the text on it so it doesn't look so blended into the background (to me, it looks as though it's on a layer below the silhouettes. Is it so?). Overall, the theme, feel, and text work very well together.

The first one, though a little on the flat side, is also well done. Luna stands out but doesn't completely pull your attention away from the signature as a whole. Soft, quiet, and calm. Nice job~

As an old signature/wallpaper maker, I can definitely say you will eventually grow (though...that "eventually" may be quite fast depending on how many you make ;) )and make some nice pieces.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

I disagree. The silhouettes of Nightmare Moon and Chrysalis work very well, especially with the gradual transition from light blue to a soft nuclear green. Perhaps though you may want to harden the text on it so it doesn't look so blended into the background (to me, it looks as though it's on a layer below the silhouettes. Is it so?). Overall, the theme, feel, and text work very well together.

The first one, though a little on the flat side, is also well done. Luna stands out but doesn't completely pull your attention away from the signature as a whole. Soft, quiet, and calm. Nice job~

As an old signature/wallpaper maker, I can definitely say you will eventually grow (though...that "eventually" may be quite fast depending on how many you make ;) )and make some nice pieces.

Oh, thank you so much Lugi!

The text layer is infront of the silhouettes, but it's just very opaque. I was trying to make it have a sort of distant feel, I suppose you could say, but I think I need to be a bit more knowledgeable before I try things like that :P

This whole thing really means so much coming from you :catface: Thank you again!

EDIT: Just done a Fluttershy one c:

img-2278239-1-106demv.jpg (#4)

Edited by Budding Night
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

More signatures! I also fixed up the second one (in original post)

#5:

img-2281213-1-244vggy.jpg

I wasn't quite sure what to do with this one. I really didn't have much motivation or ideas at the time either, but I'll redo it later

#6:

img-2281213-2-20rv1pt.jpg

I couldn't really seem to get rid of the extra pixels around the border so now they're just sort of floating there :/

#7:

img-2281213-3-209ohug.jpg

Not really MLP themed, but it still counts, I guess  :P

Edited by Budding Night
  • Brohoof 1

So, today I thought I thought I'd do something different than a signature, so I tried a hand at making backgrounds :squee:

#1 is a (young) Cheese Sandwich one:

15eagt5.jpg

Some of the pixels here and there are a little off, but I think it looks okay. Anyone could do something like this, but I'm happy to call this my first wallpaper :3

#2 is a Luna one:

2cigzdh.jpg

This one I haven't finished yet. I'm hoping to figure out how/learn how to add some effects to make it better, but I thought I'd upload it now anyways.

• Brohoof 1

These are fantastic. I personally love your young Cheese Sandwich background, although I'm not sure if you meant to have Cheese melting (get it?) into the background. I like it, personally.

• Brohoof 2

These are fantastic. I personally love your young Cheese Sandwich background, although I'm not sure if you meant to have Cheese melting (get it?) into the background. I like it, personally.

Thank you! :D

Haha, yeah, he's meant to be melting into the background. I remember seeing another wallpaper like that somewhere and I wanted to try it out

(Love the pun xD)

• Brohoof 2

Very nice signatures! How do you do those awesome backgrounds ? :D

Well, honestly, for #9 I just googled "Galaxy" and kept scrolling until I found something I like. Then I blur it a little bit and voila! :P

But for #4 I pick out (or download) a brush with a nice pattern and dot it around, maybe making little smudges or blurs here and there.

I have a looooong way to go until I figure out/learn how to actually make backgrounds, but I think I'm sorta getting there :P

• Brohoof 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Can you please make me a Signature? I either want a cheese sandwich one or a flim flam brothers I can't decide!

Sorry bud, I didn't see this in time :(

__

Okay so! Haven't done Photoshop in awhile, I tried it again today and got these:

I fixed up the Sombra one:

33caur8.jpg

And this little thing just cause, but maybe for my profile :P:

2qk45cy.jpg

These are really quite great. The idea of putting a real image with drawings(in this case the real as backgrounds) always irks me, as it never looks right. My suggestion is to avoid using images, unless distorted in a fashion more befitting to the entire image. It just clashes far too heavily with the rest of the picture elements.

Overall, though, these are really nicely done. Try working with borders too as they can frame images beautifully.

Also, experiment with unique styles. Everything doesn't have to be rectangular, making a picture look like it isn't forced into a set shape can pop out and be interesting to the viewer.

• Brohoof 1

These are really quite great. The idea of putting a real image with drawings(in this case the real as backgrounds) always irks me, as it never looks right. My suggestion is to avoid using images, unless distorted in a fashion more befitting to the entire image. It just clashes far too heavily with the rest of the picture elements.

Overall, though, these are really nicely done. Try working with borders too as they can frame images beautifully.

Also, experiment with unique styles. Everything doesn't have to be rectangular, making a picture look like it isn't forced into a set shape can pop out and be interesting to the viewer.

Thank you for the advice! I'll be sure to keep these in mind next time I have an idea for something :)

Another version of one of the things above: 

23i9ctx.jpg

• Brohoof 1