Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

2014 Sochi Olympics

Freeze-Frame

I'm really starting to think that the only thing the dutch are good at in the winter olympics is speed skating. Like seriously, >50% of all speed skating medals have gone to holland up until now! That is ridiculous! I don't know if I should feel proud of my country or not. Is it even still an accomplishment for us to win now? Sven Kramer is so sure to win the 10.000 meter that no one is even thinking of beating him. Has the dutch winning in speed skating become a tradition now?

• Brohoof 1

I watched some Women's Curling today and heck, the Sweden vs Switzerland match was intense! Saw some Cross-Country too and got to say, Norway ladies did awesome! Saw some Snowboard too and it was amazing as well.

Nobody gives a shit about my country, hell even people in my country dont give a shit about it XD. But alot of people cheer on our athletes in the Olympics. My country is Slovenia, a country that's sort of under the radar, but we did win 2 golds in skiing, 2 bronze in....a shit...forget the name of the discpiline, and we got 2 medals in ski jumping,...and that makes me a little bit proud, since we're a country of 2 million, and we've got 6 medals 

Hey! I think your country is doing awesome! Mine sent just 1 athlete and he didn't do pretty well in Vancouver, heck, Mexico has never won anything on the Winter Olympics, but hey, I still love watching the games and support other countries, like yours! Also, 7 medals by now, it's amazing!

I'm really starting to think that the only thing the dutch are good at in the winter olympics is speed skating. Like seriously, >50% of all speed skating medals have gone to holland up until now! That is ridiculous! I don't know if I should feel proud of my country or not. Is it even still an accomplishment for us to win now? Sven Kramer is so sure to win the 10.000 meter that no one is even thinking of beating him. Has the dutch winning in speed skating become a tradition now?

You should definitely feel proud about your country! Darn, you're in the 5th place on gold medals. Wish my country would win a bronze at least!

Can't wait for USA-Canada hockey, men's and women's. Both American teams look really strong this year.

I managed to catch the end of the GB curling matches on my phone. Both were actually really close, I enjoyed it. (and the GB women's team is really hot, like for real, Anna Sloan in particular)

Edited by Frostgage

What a ridiculous decision. Elise Christie has been penalised for a 3rd time by these corrupt judges. First time was kinda fair, second time was very unlucky, third time was just plain stupid. There's outrage about this decision on Twitter as well.

These shenanigans better not happen at the next Winter Olympics.

Thing I like about the Olympics or, the way I look at them at least, is the whole world coming together despite economic, political or religious indifferences, the world comes together as a unit for olympic competition. I know a lot of nationalist pigs that enjoy them for all the wrong reasons and celebrate them as a hate breeding rivalry between nations, but everyone should open their eyes and realize that it is a time for the world to come together despite all of the madness and competition for economic hiearchy and power, and to compete at sports that these atheletes love being a part of.