Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Loud Opinion

I don't know why some people have to make villains in the show controversial. I think they're all awesome.

I have several head canons/fanons. Here are mine for the Changeling Queen.

My head fanon is that Queen Chrysalis currently resides in Twilight's home alongside a pink pony named flufflepuff.

My head canon is that Queen Chrysalis is probably out there planning revenge for her failed attack. (Equestria games, maybe?)

Edited by Mikami

Sombra's horn will totally sprout a crystal, from which after many years, King Sombra will once again emerge, having time to pull his wounded soul back together, and he'll take over the Crystal Empire fo' real this time and spread darkness and hate across all of Equestria.

But then the Mane 6 blast him with a kamehameha Rainbow Power blast and he turns into a small, malicious, powerless shadow that can barely speak. And then he falls in love with Fluttershy and he impregnates her with little shadow butterflies.

• Brohoof 1

Queen Chrysalis was a complete psychopath. No, I don't mean she was a meanie; I mean she was mentally unbalanced.

Consider: Changelings feed by taking the form of somepony and feeding on the love other ponies give them. This suggests a stealthy, solitary hunting strategy, most useful in semi-wild places and border towns. A typical changeling might stalk its prey for a few days before replacing them, then disappear and never be seen again (or, for a darker take, kill the replaced pony's family and continue the charade as a grief-stricken 'survivor').

This suggests that "swarming" behavior is rare, and actually counterproductive: even the most oblivious pony will notice if dozens or hundreds of their fellows are replaced by mute doppelgangers. Conquering a community by force is also rather useless, as fear and hatred will retard love, and it's hard to stealthily replace somepony after loudly announcing yourself as an invading army.

Consider: Chrysalis is significantly taller than the lesser changelings. Her horn is longer, and her eyes are totally different. She is also the only one that speaks, and that has a discernible gender. She is also the only one that demonstrates any magic beyond "lasers of death" and "shapeshifting." And finally, the other changelings follow her without hesitation, even in the face of a totally boneheaded and unsupportable plan.

This suggests that Changeling Queens exert some form of influence over their followers, possibly a psychic command (plausible, given Chrysalis's established powers of mind control). Thus, what the Queen commands, happens, regardless of what individual changelings think of it.

With all this in mind, I propose that Queen Chrysalis was not entirely sane. Her plan was that of a conqueror, but it runs counter to everything about her species. She should have operated as a succubus, remaining concealed as long as possible and sneaking changelings into Canterlot a few at a time. Instead, she conceived a wild scheme to conquer the city in an impractical way that would inevitably result in the loss of many changeling lives, and a reduction in their food supply due to death and paranoia among the captured ponies.

• Brohoof 2

Queen Chrysalis was a complete psychopath. No, I don't mean she was a meanie; I mean she was mentally unbalanced.

Consider: Changelings feed by taking the form of somepony and feeding on the love other ponies give them. This suggests a stealthy, solitary hunting strategy, most useful in semi-wild places and border towns. A typical changeling might stalk its prey for a few days before replacing them, then disappear and never be seen again (or, for a darker take, kill the replaced pony's family and continue the charade as a grief-stricken 'survivor').

This suggests that "swarming" behavior is rare, and actually counterproductive: even the most oblivious pony will notice if dozens or hundreds of their fellows are replaced by mute doppelgangers. Conquering a community by force is also rather useless, as fear and hatred will retard love, and it's hard to stealthily replace somepony after loudly announcing yourself as an invading army.

Consider: Chrysalis is significantly taller than the lesser changelings. Her horn is longer, and her eyes are totally different. She is also the only one that speaks, and that has a discernible gender. She is also the only one that demonstrates any magic beyond "lasers of death" and "shapeshifting." And finally, the other changelings follow her without hesitation, even in the face of a totally boneheaded and unsupportable plan.

This suggests that Changeling Queens exert some form of influence over their followers, possibly a psychic command (plausible, given Chrysalis's established powers of mind control). Thus, what the Queen commands, happens, regardless of what individual changelings think of it.

With all this in mind, I propose that Queen Chrysalis was not entirely sane. Her plan was that of a conqueror, but it runs counter to everything about her species. She should have operated as a succubus, remaining concealed as long as possible and sneaking changelings into Canterlot a few at a time. Instead, she conceived a wild scheme to conquer the city in an impractical way that would inevitably result in the loss of many changeling lives, and a reduction in their food supply due to death and paranoia among the captured ponies.

This. Everyone applaud this.

As for me and her majesty Chrysalis, I think she wasn't doing it for strictly evil reasons. Yes, attempting to take over Canterlot, pwning the ruling power, and kinapping a bride to be is pretty evil. But consider this: what if this was an act of desperation?

Warning: Poorly Thought-out Head Canon: Changelings live in a harsh environment far from other living things (according to the comics... I think... I don't know for sure, I only skimmed through one). Perhaps this was a low point for the Changelings. Running out of food and other infiltration attempts failing, Queen Chrisalis is forced to enact a desperate plan to bring a food source to her starving children. She hears about a royal wedding, and for the Princess of Love, no less. Her fiancé, a mere mortal unicorn, would undoubtedly feel unending love for her. As the only female changeling (as far as I am aware, though twitter argues different), she faces a handicap her unisex children do not; gender specific transformations. She can become any living thing she desires, as long as it's female. So manipulating the Princess was out. But her fiancé was male, and a mortal. Much more susceptible to mind control than his lover. So she would use him, slowly take control of his mind, and when the wedding was complete, she would reveal herself. Using her new husband as a puppet, she would bring her innumeral children down upon the city. She would capture any and all who were together, as husband and wife or as special someponies, and absorb their love en masse. To a queen blinded by the needs of her children and with almost no other place to turn, I think this would seem plausible. This would explain some of her gaps in logic when it came to her plan.

That is not really mental illness, that's just being a moron. Think about it bugs are not known for there intellect. Just as well she is a queen, and if royals are identified by blood, then her genetics would confirm her low intellect. This would also enplane why she never toke the time to read up on cadence's past. So she isn't mentally ill shes just really, really dumb.

I don't know why some people have to make villains in the show controversial. I think they're all awesome.

I have several head canons/fanons. Here are mine for the Changeling Queen.

My head fanon is that Queen Chrysalis currently resides in Twilight's home alongside a pink pony named flufflepuff.

My head canon is that Queen Chrysalis is probably out there planning revenge for her failed attack. (Equestria games, maybe?)

They are awesome. But what I meant by controversial was there detales, and motives. As for you'r head cannon, if I am right about my prevues theorie about chrysalis is true than she isn't going to last vary long. If she dos come back she isn't going to be that much of a threat.

• Brohoof 1

I understand that people argue over the motives of the villains, but let's face it they had their opportunities to try rule and at least we have a headcanon to expand more on their motives.

The teenage dragons were jerks, and the adult dragons were jerks. Dragons are jerks. Spike was lucky to be raised by ponies.

I do find it interesting that the teen drakes did accept Spike. They were jerks but not totally hateful a**holes. They respected Spike's tenacity and eventually let him into their "club."

The diamond dogs I find interesting because they're mortal-level antagonists. Sombra, Nightmare Moon, Chrysalis and Discord are supervillains, but the dogs are merely big and strong. One-on-one a dog might beat a pony, but I bet a pony like McIntosh could hold his own.

Frankly, I want to know more about the diamond dogs' culture. Where do they live, what do they do, what do they want? Is there a king? Are they scattered tribes, or a unified nation? Were the ones we saw representative of them as a whole, or was that an outlaw band? Too many questions, not enough answers.

The teenage dragons were jerks, and the adult dragons were jerks. Dragons are jerks. Spike was lucky to be raised by ponies.

I do find it interesting that the teen drakes did accept Spike. They were jerks but not totally hateful a**holes. They respected Spike's tenacity and eventually let him into their "club."

The diamond dogs I find interesting because they're mortal-level antagonists. Sombra, Nightmare Moon, Chrysalis and Discord are supervillains, but the dogs are merely big and strong. One-on-one a dog might beat a pony, but I bet a pony like McIntosh could hold his own.

Frankly, I want to know more about the diamond dogs' culture. Where do they live, what do they do, what do they want? Is there a king? Are they scattered tribes, or a unified nation? Were the ones we saw representative of them as a whole, or was that an outlaw band? Too many questions, not enough answers.

This is why I sad it was an antagonist debate instead of a villein/super villein debate the mortal level antagonist are much more than: its in my nature, or its my obligation.