Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Who would win in a fight? Applejack or Rainbow Dash?

Venomous

I think it could go either way. Rainbow would probably have the advantage, with unsurpassable speed and a pretty good amount of power, especially if she's using weather tricks.

On the other hand, Applejack would have an x-factor, in that a single hit with a buck or lasso would probably mean Rainbow is down for the count, whereas AJ could easily withstand a fair few hits from Dash.

In a purely defensive battle, I think Applejack would have a big advantage since she's so tough, and in that case, wouldn't have to worry about chasing RD down or anything.

Edited by Kitsunin

Well, fighting is for lamewads.

Cool kids cuddle :D

Ok, let's pretend I didn't say that.

RD has a huge advantage because of her wings. Those makes things wayyy too unfair, and I think that if you took that advantage away and made it an even fight, AJ would easily win; I wouldn't be surprised if she could beat up half the dudes in Ponyville, honestly. AJ's a little badass of a pony :D

Edited by ghostfacekiller39
  • Brohoof 2

Well, fighting is for lamewads.

Cool kids cuddle :D

Ok, let's pretend I didn't say that.

RD has a huge advantage because of her wings. That makes things wayyy too unfair, and I think that if you took that advantage away and made it an even fight, AJ would easily win; I wouldn't be surprised if she could beat up half the dudes in Ponyville, honestly. AJ's a little badass.

Except taking away RD's wings would not make it an even fight, as RD needs her wings to use most of her abilities.

But either way, it's never a fair fight.

If Rainbow Dash stayed on the ground, then Applejack would easily win; she's got more power in her back legs. But RD could easily maneuver her way around any of her attacks due to her wings.

Frankly, I'd think they'd be pretty evenly matched. AJ could always get around the whole flying thing by roping Dashie, or hitting apples with her tail, though. 

Except taking away RD's wings would not make it an even fight, as RD needs her wings to use most of her abilities.

But either way, it's never a fair fight.

Give AJ wings, then, and make her just an average flyer with all of the strength she still has as an earth pony :D

Seriously, those wings create a handicap, as earth ponies can't fly and can't use magic, but if you put them on a level playing field as any competition should be, then no doubt in my mind AJ would win.

But if you give RD the ability of flight and limit AJ to the ground, of course RD would win; but that victory would be pretty dern shallow since it was so unfair to start with. 

• Brohoof 2

Give AJ wings, then, and make her just an average flyer with all of the strength she still has as an earth pony :D

Seriously, those wings create a handicap, as earth ponies can't fly and can't use magic, but if you put them on a level playing field as any competition should be, then no doubt in my mind AJ would win.

But if you give RD the ability of flight and limit AJ to the ground, of course RD would win; but that victory would be pretty dern shallow since it was so unfair to start with. 

Give AJ wings, and it would still be unfair, as RD has so much more experience flying.

Realistically, the pony races are very unbalanced, Unicorns would probably trounce all of the others. It's never going to be a fair fight.

Just as well really that they are friends.

• Brohoof 2

Give AJ wings, and it would still be unfair, as RD has so much more experience flying.

I took that into account, man  :D

While Applejack has the upper hoof in terms of lower body strength, focus, and physical strength.

Rainbow Dash has the advantage of flight, agility, speed, and determination to win (due to competitive nature)

however the physical structure must also come into play, a Pegasus has hollow bones to better allow their ability to fly. Rainbow Dash's skeletal structure is more fragile than Applejack's.

But over all, I have come to the conclusion that Rainbow Dash would be the victor...

unless Applejack gets a B-17

War is very simple, it has three main battlefronts. Earth,Sky and on water. Now since we are talking about Earth VS sky, you are already at a handicap if you are earth. However to say Sky always defeats a ground foe is foolish. Yes the Sky foe will be able (at most times) attack first, doing damage and have the element of suprise (clearly not an element of harmony...or was that Pinkies lol) that being said, most ground defenders can strike back vs a sky based foe if the attack isnt too jarring. (See ground to air defense cannons ranging all the way back to WW1) However there is the x-factor if the Sky attack is all consuming, tht it utterly wrecks the Ground defense and leaves it ruined or at least helpless. (see the attack on Hiroshima 1945)

Sky doesnt always beat earth, if you examine many elements of ground/earth/rock/soil etc that are used in fantasy type elements (pokemon is a good example) the defenses of the earth are almost built to take blows. Now back to MLP! If AJ, who is an EARTH pony battles a PEGASUS or sky pony, then the first attack should be by Rainbowdash. Having the forever "high ground" over AJ. But as we have all seen AJ can take a licking and come back for more. Out of all the Mane 6 she ist he largest, heavyst and toughend by at least a dozen years of farm work. Her muscles would be tight and her strength is clear from what we have seen. Now RD is no David and while AJ might be considerd a Goliath you can easily forget her speed at a gallop. All AJ would have to do was lure Dash into a forest. Rainbow is alot of things, but one is clear she has little patience. She would follow AJ in and then it would be her turn to be prey to a suprise attack.

Just watch the two "race",  the falling of the leaves is a great example of how the fight would go. In the end whoever had the upper hoof, standing over there fallen foe, they are still friends. Dear respected friends at that, neither would have the will to land the killing strike and both would end up making up or at very least calling a cease fire.

In a sparing type sense, I believe the two would test out each others weakness more so then strength. Rainbow would force herself to fight on the ground, Applejack would fight more with her front hooves and not use her assortment of techs. This is the only way to get stronger. Sure if AJ stood in the middle of a field looking up at RD stupid like, Raindbow would just sky-drive her into the ground. And if AJ worked RD enough to get behind her and land a buck or get her in a grapple hold like a choke or strangle and nullify Rainbows wings, the smaller pony would suffer. But both already know this, so they would just spar over weakness not there strengths.

I refuse to think the two would ever come to killer blows, unless under magical control. So i call a spar between the two a drawn out draw. I do enjoy the thought of the ponies fighting and being able to defend themselves past just words, but never upoun each other. There is just too much history there.

p.s. Yes Rarity has never "levitated an ursa minor" however she AND Twi have grown in magical abilitys. Twilight has alot, ALOT more power, she is a freaking Goddess now, derrr. But i would like to believe the two share spell knowledge, they have alot in common and are good friends after all, that being said while Rarity can not teleport (or doesnt) I have yet to see Twilight in tune with a particular element of magic. She is more the Jack of all Trades. She does it all, and does it well but isnt so stat point dumped like Rarity is. Take that how you will and stop getting your fur up, this is a joke thread, nO ONE HERE SHOULD WANT THE MANE 6 FIGHTING EACH OTHER.....come on!

This is defiantly debatable. Applejack has more natural stengh than Rainbow Dash but Dash has also got the upper hand since she could fly. I'm leaning more towards Rainbow dash seeing as she can not only out speed her, but can control the weather to her advantage. 

Take Rainbow's ability to control weather out of the equation.

Now who would win?

RD can make tornados like in the first episode, fly and gain lots of speed, and do sonic rainbooms. She could make a lightning cloud also. I thinnk she would win.

Rainbow's ability to control weather is out of the equation now.

Who would wind now?

• 4 months later...

I think in EVERY way that AppleJack would win. AppleJack uses manual labor ALL day pretty much. While RainbowDash sleeps in the clouds  -_-  Now, RainbowDash and other Pegasus are hollow boned, so they can fly easier and faster. With one kick from AppleJack all RainbowDash's bones that made contact with AJ's leg would break easily. And also... Have you seen how easily Pegasus wings break?? In countless episodes of MLP I have seen a Pegasus wing break. Due to the hollow bones. And if AppleJack did ground her with her lasso (that she is very good with) it would probably snap RD's wings just from the pull down, and if it didn't break her bones, the lasso that AJ has everywhere she goes would be around RD's wings making it a guaranteed victory for AppleJack, the strong manual labor workhorse.  

I think in EVERY way that AppleJack would win. AppleJack uses manual labor ALL day pretty much. While RainbowDash sleeps in the clouds  -_-  Now, RainbowDash and other Pegasus are hollow boned, so they can fly easier and faster. With one kick from AppleJack all RainbowDash's bones that made contact with AJ's leg would break easily. And also... Have you seen how easily Pegasus wings break?? In countless episodes of MLP I have seen a Pegasus wing break. Due to the hollow bones. And if AppleJack did ground her with her lasso (that she is very good with) it would probably snap RD's wings just from the pull down, and if it didn't break her bones, the lasso that AJ has everywhere she goes would be around RD's wings making it a guaranteed victory for AppleJack, the strong manual labor workhorse.  

PLUS AppleJack is WAy smarter then RD! RD would lose control very very easily.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Rainbow Dash's wings is definitely a huge advantage, but Applejack is stronger than her...

So I have no idea...:okiedokielokie:

Edited by Blobulle

Now, RainbowDash and other Pegasus are hollow boned, so they can fly easier and faster.

Headcanon=Unususable

Have you seen how easily Pegasus wings break?? In countless episodes of MLP I have seen a Pegasus wing break

Slamming into the ground at sub sonic speeds does that.

And if AppleJack did ground her with her lasso (that she is very good with) it would probably snap RD's wings just from the pull down, and if it didn't break her bones, the lasso that AJ has everywhere she goes would be around RD's wings making it a guaranteed victory for AppleJack, the strong manual labor workhorse.

It did jack shit to Discord RD

RD blitzes AJ due to being not only faster, but equal in strength 

• Brohoof 1

Applejack would surely win! Sure Dash has wings, but if they fought she would have to get to the ground and Applejack would have the advantage. Right?!? Dash will have been tied and strangled to death, Applejack is a rodeo CHAMPION! Dash will lose for sure!

Applejack would surely win! Sure Dash has wings, but if they fought she would have to get to the ground and Applejack would have the advantage. Right?!? Dash will have been tied and strangled to death, Applejack is a rodeo CHAMPION! Dash will lose for sure!

No. RD just needs to blitz AJ with her speed.

tumblr_mo51lrGI3B1qdie0jo1_500.gif

• Brohoof 2