Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Who would win in a fight? Applejack or Rainbow Dash?

Venomous

AJ = Brute strength

RD= Speed

Brute strength almost never wins against pure speed. Don't agree? Imagine a fight against Flash and a Sumo Wrestler.

The only time AJ would win is if she got lucky and got a kick or two in at the perfect time, but that's pretty much it.

Not even brute strength. When they arm wrestle, they'r even

(edited)

Oh Good Heavens people.  So much smh here.  

Look.  I HATE to bring this fact in, as I am a humble person and like never flaunt.  But... I feel the need to say this:

I know Tae-kwon-do.  I have been in multiple sparring matches.  Now, I am not in the least bit a master, lol.  I'm not a black belt.  But, I'm experienced enough to know the facts of real life and sparring fighting advantages.  So, here's my breakdown of a commonly misunderstood issue:

Speed... Speed only has an advantage up to a certain extent.  If you take two people that are of nearly the same weight, no matter they're build, then yes, speed has a good advantage.  However, there is a point where speed is overridden by weight to power ratio.  Someone weighing 150 pounds who is really fast, and who probably has a better response time, is not going to beat someone with fighting skills equivalent to them who weighs over 200 pounds, and probably even just 180 pounds or more.  There is a line drawn where the power to weight ratio overrules speed.  In that situation where a not so heavy but very quick person throws his or her fastest punch on a person weighing a good amount more, it isn't effective if it is a body hit (of course face hits are the exception).  A quick punch to the body of someone who weighs a good amount more aint gonna shake the big guy.  

Power... Power is ultimately the bigger advantage, if given a weight advantage of some sort.  No matter if they ain't too quick.  A heavy blow even to the body of the smaller quicker person is a BIG hit.  The quick guy will be down, no doubt.  

It all boils down to physics.  Rainbow's only effective advantage is NOT speed.  It's her wings.  But, in my opinion, that's still not enough.  Because there is ONE more factor in this.  Sure, stamina is great, too... but that's not it.  What is it?  Toughness.  If you're larger, you really CAN take a hit better than smaller people can.  It's logic, guys.  A.J. is going to be HARD to keep knocked down, she'll be back on her feet in no time even from  a good hit from RD. 

Now, with all of the "they are friends they wouldn't go THAT far, etc." stuff pushed aside... In a legititmate fight, A.J. has the major advantage.  Literally and figuratively, she is a WORK HORSE.  She does hard labor, pulling, lifting, and whatnot.  She's got larger muscle mass than RD, no doubt (at all).  

Now, some say "but in the arm wrestling match it was a tie!"  - but I just laugh.  Arm wrestling is about leverage.  It's not just strength... so it's not even close to being a factor in this match.  Do y'all remember when A.J. blew the bell of that carnie game thing?  And how funny it was to see those apples falling on RD with her expression of "Holy crap" on her face?!  Yah.  THAT is a factor.

I'm sorry guys, but this is not really about bias at all.  It's about logic and physics.  A.J. is too strong as well as having the weight advantage.  In a real fight, RD doesn't have a chance.  Power to weight ratio, my friends.

Edited by Miles

t all boils down to physics.  Rainbow's only effective advantage is NOT speed.  It's her wings.  But, in my opinion, that's still not enough.  Because there is ONE more factor in this.  Sure, stamina is great, too... but that's not it.  What is it?  Toughness.  If you're larger, you really CAN take a hit better than smaller people can.  It's logic, guys.  A.J. is going to be HARD to keep knocked down, she'll be back on her feet in no time even from  a good hit from RD. 

Except AJ isn't larger. They're the same size.

Now, with all of the "they are friends they wouldn't go THAT far, etc." stuff pushed aside... In a legititmate fight, A.J. has the major advantage.  Literally and figuratively, she is a WORK HORSE.  She does hard labor, pulling, lifting, and whatnot.  She's got larger muscle mass than RD, no doubt (at all).  

Give me evidence and we'll talk. You are making an assumption based on the fact that she's work horse, yet she has no feats to back this up

Now, some say "but in the arm wrestling match it was a tie!"  - but I just laugh.  Arm wrestling is about leverage.  It's not just strength... so it's not even close to being a factor in this match.  Do y'all remember when A.J. blew the bell of that carnie game thing?  And how funny it was to see those apples falling on RD with her expression of "Holy crap" on her face?!  Yah.  THAT is a factor.

Do you remember when AJ called in RD to break down the barn for her and RD smashed giant trees? Those feats put AJ's to shame

I'm sorry guys, but this is not really about bias at all.  It's about logic and physics.  A.J. is too strong as well as having the weight advantage.  In a real fight, RD doesn't have a chance.  Power to weight ratio, my friends.

F=ma^2

The faster something is going and the more mass it has, the more force it has. RD is about the same weight as AJ, but she's going at hyper sonic speeds. I could probably go for lol calcs that would give her the force of a train slamming into AJ, but it's not necessary

I'd say it could go either way. They're both physically strong, and even though RD can fly, AJ could probably kick stuff at her or something, since I think it's fair to say shes a better bucker. :huh:

Say AJ is under a grove of trees. RD can't see her. :ph34r:  However, its a lot harder to remain unseen in the sky, albeit there are some clouds, but anything could fly right through them, so they don't really provide much protection.

I will say RD may have a slight advantage, but I think AJ could at least hold her own.

Give me evidence and we'll talk. You are making an assumption based on the fact that she's work horse, yet she has no feats to back this up

Do you remember when AJ called in RD to break down the barn for her and RD smashed giant trees? Those feats put AJ's to shame

F=ma^2

The faster something is going and the more mass it has, the more force it has. RD is about the same weight as AJ, but she's going at hyper sonic speeds. I could probably go for lol calcs that would give her the force of a train slamming into AJ, but it's not necessary

Don't forget the hundreds of rainbow explosions and Rainbooms RD can perform. AJ can't do s**t during a massive combustion attack.

• Brohoof 1

So... potential game changer here. Any reason Rainbow Dash can't perform the vacuum cut the Wonderbolts performed on Spike in Secrets of my Excess(the one they used to slice his scales off,as an adult?) and slice Applejack in half? Or sonic nukeboom her like she did like she did the barn in Lesson Zero from a dozen meters away and wipe her out? We could go into the double rainboom from the comics, but do we really need to? I like Applejack, but top tier pegasus>middle tier earth pony

Oh, so you're saying that, because all the Mane 6 is drawn the same size, that they have the same strengths and weights?  Ha!  Riiight... I have a friend who is the same height of myself, and to the eye of anyone they'd assume us to be the same weight and strength.  Except that I actually weigh more and am stronger.  LOOKS are NOT everything!  Applejack is heavier and stronger than Rainbow Dash.

Smh.  Have you even watched the show?  I mean, seriously, this is the most ridiculous you could say.  

She works on a farm.  She bucks apple trees to get the apples.  She herds cattle.  She plows fields (with the old style PULL plow).  She also pulls carts of apple pies long distances.  I could go on, but I don't need to.  This is unquestionable.  She IS a work horse.

Yeah I do.  It's called a sonic rainboom.  Something she must take an uber amount of time and effort to pull off.  She don't just go Mach 1 in a few seconds.  Even when she saved Rarity she took time to accelerate to a fast enough speed to break the sound barrier (ergo, to make a sonic rainboom).  Those feats don't put A.J. to shame.  Rainbow didn't knock it down herself, it was the force of the rainboom.  Besides, I think everyone is forgetting something here.  Rainbow Dash performing a sonic rainboom in a fight would be equivalent to tackling in real life.  DO YOU ever see, in a real life fight, say in MMA, UFC, or heck even a street fight, do you see someone tackling someone?  NO.  It ain't football.  Besides that, RD has to go REALLY high up to get enough speed on the come-down if she was gonna use it in a fight.

F=ma^2

Yes, I know about that equation.  I took high school science just like everyone else.  What you're forgetting is that Applejack uses ground resistance to do her apple buck kick, thus using the ground as a stabilizer as well.  With her front hoofs on the ground, A.J. could connect her hind leg (using her apple buck kick) to RD's face before RD connects her front hoofs to AJ's body.  Guess what that means?  RD's momentum is used against her.  Have you ever heard of "Don't run into a punch/kick"?  AJ is stabilized on the ground.  RD has no ground resistance to keep her stabilized.  SO, when AJ apple buck kicks RD in the face (when RD is trying to connect to AJ at Mach 1), RD's force + AJ's force is applied to RD's FACE.  

So, I stand by my original post.

(Also, you say "hyper sonic speeds" when it's not hyper sonic.  Only Mach 1, which is super sonic, is needed to break the barrier.)

• Brohoof 1

Uh,@miles? Rainbow Dash is not supersonic. Rainbow Dash is, at bare minimum, mach 300 from being able to outrun/outmanuver lightning bolts. There's no way Applejack is even seeing her coming, much less putting up a defense. She's also capable of doing a sonic rainboom going up,as well as horizontally(comics), so distance doesn't actually matter. Finally, the rainboom is not just a tackle, it's a shockwave(Lesson Zero), one that would probably liquefy Applejack at point of impact.

Oh, so you're saying that, because all the Mane 6 is drawn the same size, that they have the same strengths and weights?  Ha!  Riiight... I have a friend who is the same height of myself, and to the eye of anyone they'd assume us to be the same weight and strength.  Except that I actually weigh more and am stronger.  LOOKS are NOT everything!  Applejack is heavier and stronger than Rainbow Dash.

Are you psychic? When is this ever said?

Yeah I do.  It's called a sonic rainboom.  Something she must take an uber amount of time and effort to pull off.  She don't just go Mach 1 in a few seconds.  Even when she saved Rarity she took time to accelerate to a fast enough speed to break the sound barrier (ergo, to make a sonic rainboom).  Those feats don't put A.J. to shame.  Rainbow didn't knock it down herself, it was the force of the rainboom.  Besides, I think everyone is forgetting something here.  Rainbow Dash performing a sonic rainboom in a fight would be equivalent to tackling in real life.  DO YOU ever see, in a real life fight, say in MMA, UFC, or heck even a street fight, do you see someone tackling someone?  NO.  It ain't football.  Besides that, RD has to go REALLY high up to get enough speed on the come-down if she was gonna use it in a fight.

She wasn't in Sonic Rainboom mode when she was biting through support beams and shredding pillars and trees.

And tackling works just fine when you're flying fast enough to splatter your opponent

Yes, I know about that equation.  I took high school science just like everyone else.  What you're forgetting is that Applejack uses ground resistance to do her apple buck kick, thus using the ground as a stabilizer as well.  With her front hoofs on the ground, A.J. could connect her hind leg (using her apple buck kick) to RD's face before RD connects her front hoofs to AJ's body.  Guess what that means?  RD's momentum is used against her.  Have you ever heard of "Don't run into a punch/kick"?  AJ is stabilized on the ground.  RD has no ground resistance to keep her stabilized.  SO, when AJ apple buck kicks RD in the face (when RD is trying to connect to AJ at Mach 1), RD's force + AJ's force is applied to RD's FACE.   So, I stand by my original post.   (Also, you say "hyper sonic speeds" when it's not hyper sonic.  Only Mach 1, which is super sonic, is needed to break the barrier.)

RD is definitely hyper sonic as she is a lightning dodger and with lol calcs, can go mach 10 in sonic mode. 

And that's implying AJ can even react in time. It would be like trying to punch a bullet in mid air. 

The only earth pony that's capable of keeping even with a flying Rainbow Dash is Pinkie Pie(which would've been a better fight, the second fastest is those earth ponies that dragged the train in Appaloosa, so...about a couple hundred miles an hour untethered. And it's their job to run. Even at the ridiculously lowballed mach 10, RD is fast enough to repeatedly bombard Applejack with rainbooms from any height, or even pick her up and drop her, and there's nothing she could actually do about it. If Applejack happens to bring her lasso, RD chokes her out with it.

HEADCANONS ARE NOT ACCEPTABLE IN DEBATES!

IT HAS NEVER BEEN SAID THAT PEGASI ARE HOLLOW BONED!

Minor rant aside, the Iron Pony competition proved that in most cases, RD is AJ's superior

But it only makes sense you see. How else would they fly? It is logic my friend.

The only earth pony that's capable of keeping even with a flying Rainbow Dash is Pinkie Pie(which would've been a better fight, the second fastest is those earth ponies that dragged the train in Appaloosa, so...about a couple hundred miles an hour untethered. And it's their job to run. Even at the ridiculously lowballed mach 10, RD is fast enough to repeatedly bombard Applejack with rainbooms from any height, or even pick her up and drop her, and there's nothing she could actually do about it. If Applejack happens to bring her lasso, RD chokes her out with it.

Meh, don't really agree. Just my opinion...

But it only makes sense you see. How else would they fly? It is logic my friend.

Because they flap their wings really fast and can manipulate weather?

If we use logic with no basis, I can just say that AJ can't eat meat or she'll die

Because they flap their wings really fast and can manipulate weather?

If we use logic with no basis, I can just say that AJ can't eat meat or she'll die

What about when they are just, fluttering around, with one wing flap per 2 seconds XD Logic again, my friend.

What about when they are just, fluttering around, with one wing flap per 2 seconds XD Logic again, my friend.

Honestly, they would be way to heavy if the weren't hollowed boned XD

Meh, don't really agree. Just my opinion...

Pegasi have a special type of magic as proven in Twilight's Kingdom. It allows them to manipulate weather and fly.

Honestly, they would be way to heavy if the weren't hollowed boned XD

Even if they were hollow boned, they wouldn't be able to fly, much less hover and fly at hyper sonic speeds.

It's magic, there's nothing showing they are hollow boned. I can say AJ is weak to pegasus spit and it would have the same basis

Pegasi have a special type of magic as proven in Twilight's Kingdom. It allows them to manipulate weather and fly.

Still, magic isn't logic, I love this honorable debating!

Even if they were hollow boned, they wouldn't be able to fly, much less hover and fly at hyper sonic speeds.

It's magic, there's nothing showing they are hollow boned. I can say AJ is weak to pegasus spit and it would have the same basis

Well, you did  not say anything about magic before. I am sure they have hollow bones. It is technically the only way! It is like giving a full grown hose a pair of wings not even a quarter of the size of its body and telling it to fly! It just makes zero sense to me. AJ wins either way.

Logic? In a cartoon about colorful ponies who can cast magic, perform light shattering moves, and do whatever it is Pinkie Pie does? I think logic was thrown out the window long ago.

Well, you did  not say anything about magic before. I am sure they have hollow bones. It is technically the only way! It is like giving a full grown hose a pair of wings not even a quarter of the size of its body and telling it to fly! It just makes zero sense to me. AJ wins either way.

How?

How will AJ even react to RD, who can dodge lightning bolts? How will AJ survive a single hit which can shatter trees like they were nothing? How will AJ survive a shock wave strong enough to crush rock slamming into her?

Logic? In a cartoon about colorful ponies who can cast magic, perform light shattering moves, and do whatever it is Pinkie Pie does? I think logic was thrown out the window long ago.

It just doesn't make any sense to me that pegasi don't have hollow bones. Plus AJ is stronger, smarter, and is skilled with her lasso (she has caught RD with it before)... AJ has a major advantage.

How?

How will AJ even react to RD, who can dodge lightning bolts? How will AJ survive a single hit which can shatter trees like they were nothing? How will AJ survive a shock wave strong enough to crush rock slamming into her?

Hey its MLP sir. How did RD survive the HUGE rock falling on her when she was looking for a pet? Duh. MLP physics say she COULD survive it XD

It just doesn't make any sense to me that pegasi don't have hollow bones. Plus AJ is stronger, smarter, and is skilled with her lasso (she has caught RD with it before)... AJ has a major advantage.

An RD who was flying in a straight line and not trying to fight.

AJ doesn't have the feats to put her at RD's level

How?

And once again, AJ HAS CAUGHT RD WITH HER LASSO BEFORE!

Hey its MLP sir. How did RD survive the HUGE rock falling on her when she was looking for a pet? Duh. MLP physics say she COULD survive it XD

It just hit her wing, didn't actually flatten her. Some MLP things can be attributed to gags, but the feats I listed weren't gags 

And once again, AJ HAS CAUGHT RD WITH HER LASSO BEFORE!

RD wasn't trying to fight nor dodge. Not to mention that AJ couldn't hold down RD by herself

I have a feeling you are gonna get mad bro XD I will keep my opinion and you keep yours. In my books AJ wins, ok? She just has most of the moves. ye.

It just hit her wing, didn't actually flatten her. Some MLP things can be attributed to gags, but the feats I listed weren't gags 

RD wasn't trying to fight nor dodge. Not to mention that AJ couldn't hold down RD by herself

What if it was around her wings? Haha. AJ is just way way stronger, RD is way way faster!

I just have a feeling you are getting mad...

@,

If I was mad, you'd know

And congratulations, RD is still stronger, even if she is grounded. RD also knows martial arts, AJ doesn't. AJ doesn't stand a snowball's chance in Hell. She's dealing with someone stronger, faster, and more variable than her