Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

MyLittleGlitch - Omniotronic

Ansollis

I am trying to get into hardstyle production, mainly. I have a few videos on youtube, but this is my most recent one. Head on over for a listen. Thanks if you do! 

If anyone has any comments, feel free to head to the youtube page or post them here! Tell your friends! Thanks!

Edited by Ansollis
  • Brohoof 3

(edited)

Very nice, I like the wobble bass in it a lot. Also, how many songs have you made so far?

Thanks, I love using reverse bass. I have made a lot of "songs" but ones that were "good" enough to put on youtube, probably 5. I have four, including this, on youtube. Oriona and EchoedPasts were before I found hardstyle. Right now I am working in between songs and seeing what I can think up. If you want a preview just ask. Thanks for the brohoof! /)

Edited by Ansollis
  • Brohoof 1

@@Ansollis, so, a new hardstyle producer eh? i am probably one of the biggest hardstyle/hardcore/hardEDM fanboys on this forum! (next to projectRKA ofcourse)

anyway, i'll try and give you the most detailed review i can muster! :D

here goes:

intro, fades in kind of strange. at fisrt i thought you messed up the mastering but then that other synth took over and it all suddenly made sense :P

it's a nice twist from the more mainstream hardstyle productions nowadays.

break, you got the vocals down pretty sweet. i love how you made the sample glitch and stutter! also, dat underlined bassline!

drop/climax, it took a while to get here, and honestly i think it took a little too long. but that's just a personal prefference.

introduction of the kick comes in nicely as you make it do a few pumps before the kickline actually drops in.

oh god, there is basically next to no kick! the horror!

you got a perfectly fine track here, but i just can't seem to find any sort of kickline! hardstyle is all about the kick!

fix that, and the track would actually be pretty good IMHO. :P

• Brohoof 1

@@Ansollis, so, a new hardstyle producer eh? i am probably one of the biggest hardstyle/hardcore/hardEDM fanboys on this forum! (next to projectRKA ofcourse)

anyway, i'll try and give you the most detailed review i can muster! :D

here goes:

intro, fades in kind of strange. at fisrt i thought you messed up the mastering but then that other synth took over and it all suddenly made sense :P

it's a nice twist from the more mainstream hardstyle productions nowadays.

break, you got the vocals down pretty sweet. i love how you made the sample glitch and stutter! also, dat underlined bassline!

drop/climax, it took a while to get here, and honestly i think it took a little too long. but that's just a personal prefference.

introduction of the kick comes in nicely as you make it do a few pumps before the kickline actually drops in.

oh god, there is basically next to no kick! the horror!

you got a perfectly fine track here, but i just can't seem to find any sort of kickline! hardstyle is all about the kick!

fix that, and the track would actually be pretty good IMHO. :P

Wow, thanks. Much better than I thought. Yeah, that's always a problem I had with my songs. I can't get the kick up without over doing it, but I will try. Thanks again!

Edit: Do you mean there is not enough of it throughout the song or the levels are too low?

Edit2: Also, I am really new to hardstyle. Can you show me to some really awesome hardstyle? All I know is that it gave me a rubric to build off of, so I stuck to that.

Edited by Ansollis

@@Ansollis, well, a hardstyle song is typically build up around the kick, and the climax. 

usually, the kick is noticable throughout the song with exceptions for the break and the introduction of the main melody.

here are some awesome hardstyle songs i listened to alot today:

if you need more songs, just let me know! i have like a few thousand hardstyle and hardcore songs on my laptop ;p

@@Ansollis, well, a hardstyle song is typically build up around the kick, and the climax. 

usually, the kick is noticable throughout the song with exceptions for the break and the introduction of the main melody.

here are some awesome hardstyle songs i listened to alot today:

if you need more songs, just let me know! i have like a few thousand hardstyle and hardcore songs on my laptop ;p

Whew, alright thanks. I need to listen to those and remake the song later. I should rebrand it as "electronic with hardstyle inspirations" because I like the frequency of the kicks, but not the intensity of them.

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, I haven't really worked on any more of the "styles", just in between, doing a few other songs. However, I did attempt a chillstep song. I am going to put chillstep, hardstyle, general electronic, and some other genres on my EP eventually. So nothing new on that front, just trying different genres. Thanks for all the support!

I'm not really super duper into Hardstyle, but I honestly find that there's just a huge lack of synths. The whole thing sounds somewhat empty. I'm also surprised that there isn't really any signature Hardstyle kick. As I've observed, it seems to be an essential tool for all the energy. The vocal chopping sounds really offtune and chaotic, and feels like they lack rhythm. I think the snare is way too loud for the song, and that it overpowers everything else. However, I do applaud you for giving your best, and I hope this critique is useful for you.

Edited by Otty~

Yeah listening to more and more hardstyle, even some tekstyle and I realized that this genre is not for me. I will definitely use some tricks that I learned while making it on other songs, but I only liked the hardstyle that was hardly hardstyle at all. Thanks to everyone who gave me criticism! Now I'm just wondering as to if I should take this and my other bad songs off of my youtube channel and wait until I make something better...