Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

DubWolf

Can't have laser surgery or something to fix it up to 20/20?... if you really want to ;).

I have no fear of flying, but I'm scared to death of someone messing around with a laser in my eyes. I know it's rare, but people have come out of that with WORSE vision then they had. If I become officially legally blind in the next ten years or so , (very small, but real possibility) I may change my mind. 

Edited by cuteycindyhoney

I have no fear of flying, but I'm scared to death of someone messing around with a laser in my eyes. I know it's rare, but people have come out of that with WORSE vision then they had. If I become officially legally blind in the next ten years or so , (very small, but real possibility) I may change my mind. 

But if you really want to be able to fly, why give up any possibility of that happening? Sure your vision might be worse than before if the surgery was not successful, but you'd probably still be able to see well enough to do other things, and you also didn't already lose your flying privilege (since you didn't already have it in the first place).

But if you really want to be able to fly, why give up any possibility of that happening? Sure your vision might be worse than before if the surgery was not successful, but you'd probably still be able to see well enough to do other things, and you also didn't already lose your flying privilege (since you didn't already have it in the first place).

I don't want to lose my SEEING privilege. I do know it's rare, but I don't think it's worth the risk.

I don't want to lose my SEEING privilege. I do know it's rare, but I don't think it's worth the risk.

Well... I sort of implied "worse" didn't necessary mean blind.

fbe.gif

Flying is also risky, but then again.. seeing is really important too  :derp: .

• Brohoof 1

Well at least you've got a chance. One of my friends was planning to become a pilot. But since he was colour-blind, he couldn't. He'd do anything just to fly. I don't think surgery can fix colour-blindness

*nose bleeds*

Hehehehe... You ever been to all those places before though? :huh: 

Also, the reason I fell in love with airport was because of all the sexy architecture... :catface: and the passenger statistics. Always loved working with millions of people because it drives a city's economy (and a country's!)  :muffins:  

• Brohoof 1

i was a paratrooper back at the army.. but now i just own my shitty kit build gyrocopter :( :( :(

Benson_Gyrocopter.jpg

anyway best jet = Eurofighter thyphon

best ww2 plane = bf109

anyway for view.. i got 12/10 on my right eye and 10/10 on my left XD blame my shooting pratice

Edited by Doc. Volt
  • Brohoof 3

i was a paratrooper back at the army.. but now i just own my shitty kit build gyrocopter :( :( :(

Benson_Gyrocopter.jpg

best ww2 plane = bf109

anyway for view.. i got 12/10 on my right eye and 10/10 on my left XD blame my shooting pratice

lol it looks cute doc XD and i probably have 14/10 vision on my both eyes.

anyways i never ridden a plane before since i don't bother to go to other countries and such 

img-2338937-1-Benson_Gyrocopter.jpg

best ww2 plane = bf109

This looks very unstable! I don't think I would want to fly it since one sudden jolt in any direction and you'll be falling for a long time (if you're at a high altitude). How high can this go?

img-2338937-1-Benson_Gyrocopter.jpg

best ww2 plane = bf109

If you tell me you don't need a special license for a gyrocopter, I'll give you a whole tray of muffins! I would so fly that! I saw an episode of "Classic" Doctor Who called "Planet of the Spiders", where Jon Pertwee's Doctor flew in one.  Only they called it an autogyro in the show. I think that's just a UK thing though. Look, I found a picture!

500px_Doctor_Who_Planet_Spiders_Autogyro

I'm ok with flying, I get a bit worried before going on a plane but iv'e been on so many flights that the fear has subsided quite a lot. 

Iv'e always wanted to go in a helicopter though!!! 

Careful what you wish for; that helicopter might be a rescue helicopter headed to the hospital (and you aren't the pilot!) ;). I wonder what it's like..

Careful what you wish for; that helicopter might be a rescue helicopter headed to the hospital (and you aren't the pilot!) ;). I wonder what it's like..

Have you ever watched M*A*S*H? I always thought it would be cool to ride in one of those pods on the landing skids.

(Only not all shot up from a war!)

mash_helicopter_opening_sequence_630_620

• Brohoof 2

@, @, @@cuteycindyhoney,

woah woah woah! this piece of crap unstable??? dude! the autogyro/gyrocopter (here in Italy we calll them Autogiro) are the most easy, safe to pilot, most enjoyable and stable flying machine ever! it was invented by the nezi BEFORE the helicopter, and it is an awesome machine, why?

-IT CAN'T STALL!!!!!!!

- the main blade isn't connected to the motor, it turns only whit the frontl drag, thus if the motor fails, you can still land like nothing happened!

-it can't go much high, just like conventional helicopters

-it can't hover, just like an airplane

-it need a VERY short runaway to take off and it can land ALMOST vertically

-it is HELLA FAST and agile like a combat jet

watch all of this video and you will buy one, go to minute 4.58 to see how much awesome this machine is

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RpFVV6Oh1Vs

aslo i don't know how it work in other countries but here in Italy you don't need a licence for this one, just a 4 hours course.. it i soo easy to fly that after 2 hours of pratice you can land it without using the motor, you just can't fly over cities

(this video was recorder on a professional ELA MAGNI GYRO one, in Italy)

anyway if you are interested on his story and all of his spec, cost, where to buy and everything you will question

Edited by Doc. Volt
  • Brohoof 2

@,

the professional one cost at least 15.000 euros i know, i can't afford it, the one i have is from an american kit, it were without motor, the one thing that costs a lot are rotors, i got the kit of the chassis for 2000 euros, rotors for 1500 and the motor from a law mower... but it is not like the professional one.. you need to hand start the main rotor and you can't fly with wind and rain... but every single flying machine costs a lot.. :/

Oh my god, I love flying, aaaah.

I really would like to get my piloting license one day, after I finish my driving and scuba ones. I used to want to be an aeronautical engineer working on more economically and economically (yes, two different things) modes of air trainsport but then I remembered I'm bad at Chemistry. ^^;

Either way, it's something I think is really fascinating, and while I'd never do it as a career it's something I hope I can do as a recreational hobby one day. A very expensive hobby. :lol: