Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What is a song that always makes you cry?

FlickerHush

I have these songs that as soon as I hear it all these emotions spill out of me. and I was wondering if anyone else had songs like these? If so why do you believe this/these songs bring out so much emotion? Is there a story behind you finding this song and what was it like hearing it for the first time?

The song that makes me cry the most is called Porcelain by Marianas Trench. The moment I heard the song my heart just broke open. It feels like such a release this song reminds me of that feeling when you first tell someone that you're hurting and it's just this flood coming out of you. I feel like this song tells you it's alright to be upset, it's okay to be a little lost and a little hurt. I was going through a  lot of personal stuff, just being lost and really unsure of things and this song just said here cry for a bit baby it'll be alright.

I'm not really sure how to post youtube videos on here but I'll just put a link here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aBdsO4bOIns

Sorry this probably isn't a super happy discussion but I'm curious to see what other songs people have and hear about they feelings they have when they hear them.

I played Katawa Shoujo. And I love the visual novel. Here is two songs that made me cry

Because I never felt being loved by someone, until I made into this part of the game. Because I like it having no girlfriend but this made me realize that someone needs someone

Because of the girls lost family story. I mean she looks beautiful and no one likes except the player and this my favorite girl in the game. It's the girl's main theme. Her face is now my Profile Picture

Edited by HanaLyeco

the song " sanctuary " from kingdom hearts, ( because of someone i used to know ),

the song " children of the night " simply because its beautiful , and it reminds me of what i wished for as a child everyday ( listen and you might understand what i mean ... pretty lonely childhood :P )

then, "coldplay;fix you " , because i tend to wanna here it wehn sad... i usually end up sheding a tear or two but feel happy afterwards

basicly a good amount of cold plays music has the same affect as the original posters song, due to the fact that it makes me feel like its ok to let go and just cry...

• Brohoof 3

My Song from Angel Beats.On it's own it isn't much, but in the context of the show, it is pretty powerful.

Ichiban no Takaramono is also very emotional in context.

I'm not really sure how to post youtube videos on here but I'll just put a link here

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=aBdsO4bOIns

[ media ]URL[ /media ], minus the spaces.

Edited by Frith is Magik
  • Brohoof 1

Rise Against - Roadside

Gets me every single time anymore. Maybe someday when things get better for me again it won't, but ironically while it hits me right in the gut every time I listen to it, I always feel better afterwards. It's just such a wonderfully powerful song.

• Brohoof 1

Eyes Without A Face (Billy Idol), The End Of The Innocence (Don Henley and Bruce Hornsby), Clocks and Viva La Vida (Coldplay), Ventus (Kingdom Hearts), and Reminiscing ~ A Sad Memory (Ace Attorney).

Edited by Antagonist 🦹♂️
  • Brohoof 1

There's some songs that make me cry, and here are some of them.

• Sanctuary by Utada Hikaru.
  • Can't let you go by Adam Lambert.
  • Angel by Sarah McLaughlin.
  • Honeybee by Steam Powered Giraffe.
Edited by Mikami
  • Brohoof 1

I don't cry that easily, but there are some works of fiction (various media) that made me a bit misty eyed.

Examples include some Doctor regenerations, the deathtoll in Deathly Hollows and My little Dashie.

As for songs  (without any added visuals) all that comes to mind is this:

i wish that there was a song that made me cry, i guess i might cry if i were to listen to the soundtrack for MLD. the soundtrack for MW2 however does make me sad, because i cant really explain it, i guess one of the reasons is because i know call of duty will never meet the standards of that game again, unless the remastered it. even then it still wouldnt be the same.