Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

ponies' opinions of princess celestia?

xxmoonxraverxx

i've noticed that the ponies, even twilight, who has spent the most time around her, seems to think she is mean or abuses her power, which is most certainly not true. like when fluttershy took her bird to try and heal it, twilight told her that if celestia found out, fluttershy would be banished and put in a dungeon!

maybe it's to teach kids not to have preconceived notions of how people will react, because you won't always be right?

any thoughts on this or am i just imagining things?

I think you are looking too much into it because I think they were just worried and thinking of the worst possible scenario. 

All I know is that she is one of the prettiest ponies on the show and her hair is amazinggggggg.

I believe, at the time, Twilight had the wrong impression on Rulers. Celestia has time and time again proven she's not a tyrant. In that same episode, Bird in the hoof, Celestia pretty much forgives Fluttershy, and is totally confused on why she (Fluttershy) thought Celestia would banish fluttershy.

It's really based on the natural fear a being will have of those with significant power over them. They don't think Princess Celestia is a tyrant or anything of that sort, they're just fearful of her powers and what she can do if they really screw up.

... Except for Twilight, she's just paranoid over every little detail.

It's really based on the natural fear a being will have of those with significant power over them. They don't think Princess Celestia is a tyrant or anything of that sort, they're just fearful of her powers and what she can do if they really screw up.

... Except for Twilight, she's just paranoid over every little detail.

The only reason I can identify with their fear over Celestia is because it's the same reason I can NEVER identify with anyone who has a supervisor or managerial position over me in the work place. No matter how personable they try to be, they are my boss, and I just do not feel comfortable being around someone who has the power at any given moment to cut off my cash flow and ability to support my family. That kind of pressure just isn't conducive to a friendly relationship.

Celestia has really really grown on me over the years. Where she started as the sagely advice giving, royal presence having being that guided our main character thru her adventures, she has become more "human". More real.

The opener to season 4 really made me hoof-pump. Seeing a younger Cele (if age means anything to her at this point) and giving a glimpse thru the window that is her depth, really made me fall all the more for her.

But that's all the mushy stuff...

I love her SIZE, she is larger and more of a physical being then we give her credit for. Her weight is present, and unlike many of the Pony models she bares it in her flank and hind quarters, a great reflection of her current life style. Now I know this may sound a bit furryish of me, but I admire these very minor traits. Even her human model had a bit more femine features then was required in the hip area. I honestly mean no disrespect, but tip my hat at these animation choices.

I love her PRESENCE, she unlike even Luna let alone Princess Candy-ass (hisssss) and the newly crowned Twi, has a grace about her. Sure she has been a ruler for what, thousands of years? And her name is as common on the tongue of every pony in the land as is Obamas or any other political leader. But those facts aside, she moves like she has taken that exact step a dozen times. Knows every inch of a ever changing land as if her own gaze was the morning light that washed over it every day. She just KNOWS how to handle herself, a wink. A gesture with her hoof, the soft chuckle with a single eye behind her mane. The stern glare that isn't harsh just, hmm, knowing?

I love her BATTLE ability, or more exactly, the lack there of. This is not to say that Molly...DAMNIT, Cele isn't able to weild power in battle. This much is clear, but its the simple knowledge that she doesn't HAVE to dirty her hooves. Her mere being in a fight with someone is enough for others to duck and cover. And when she is bested in a fight she takes it with a pill and comes back later. There is just a subtle aggression to her, like an Alpha female of a wolf pack. The rest know better then to mess with her, and she doesn't need to walk around with her hackles up.

I jumped on board the Luna bandwagon early. I wont lie. To this day I love Luna, but not for what they have turned her into but what she was. ( I want her damn accent and lisp back!!) But It is Celestia who truly has won my heart out of the now four mares of the crown. Something about her is so motherly yet in the same breath so ridged and hard, playful and realistic, yet knowing and pure fantasy. She is just, alluring.

Out of all her interactions with the Mane cast, I must say it is her minor showings with Rarity that I love the most. Set aside my love for the Ra-ra for a moment, the two just naturally play off one another. She almost seems to be speaking in a fashion that two women who share a cup of coffee and chuckle over there shared stories might.

I enjoy the reigning Princess, I wish to see more of her, a lot more. With little miss Candy-ass showing up recently for a full episode, I can only hope that Celestia and Luna will get a similar treatment. I think all the fans agree there is a lot more of there character to be seen.

....Sidebar....

I MISS YOU MOLLY!! Molestia was GREAT! That's right I went there, lol. Hater go hate, cause this Scooters gonna Scoot!

She's more of a troll than a tyrant. She does mess with the main characters (Ticket Master, Bird in the Hoof, etc.) But hell, if you were an immortal goddess whose life has probably gotten a bit predictable (in her eyes at least) you'd want to at least have a little fun trolling ponies once in a while.