Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Trolling: yay or nay?

Static Electricity

94 users have voted

1. 1. Trolling: yay or nay

• Yay
    • Nay

I love it when people pretend to be a dumbass or otherwise fool with people, especially when I see people actually believing their stuff. Kimi Sparkle is good troll.

• Brohoof 1

Exactly what it says on the tin.

I should clarify though, what I mean by trolling: I am not referring to harassers and cyberbullies, I'm referring to people who waste your time and act like a **** on the internet just because they can.

Personally, I love trolling. It's like the internet's natural selection; it either pushes away the noobs or makes them smarter. Also, it's funny as hell.

Neigh. Pain is still pain. I've been trolled by someone who doesn't mean harm. Not the best experience to have.

Trolling can be funny but stuff like rage comics made it like the holy grail of being a 12 year old.

"Hay ure mum iz ghey!1!!! U mad bro!11!!11!!! U Got le troled!11! Imma go post dis on le leddit!!!!!!!!"

Well, yay and nay. But mostly nay.

Y- If it's a trolling server. Meaning, trolling is the whole point.

N- EVERY OTHER CASE. It's mean and terrible. I don't know any other way to explain it than this: It's bullying over a video game platform. It's just... Miserable. Trolling is only funny in irony, or at least in my opinion.

I tell ya, I once went into this post (on a different account to my regular one) that was about vegans (as in it had a guy covered in meat and it said "vegan's final boss") and I pretended that I was a vegan, I got lots of replies and hate out of that one comment.

So 'yay' In my opinion

Edited by SunDowner
  • Brohoof 1

I used to be a troll, now I try not to do it. Somebody would have to really upset me for me to want to troll them. 

I'm pretty neutral on the matter, they can be funny but usually a waste of time.

• Brohoof 1

I'm personally not a fan of trolling and the worst seems to happen on YouTube. I get what people are saying up above about harmless trolling but it can still go too far and the person being trolled may not be able to tell the difference.

If you're doing it to screw around for a laugh then yay. If you're doing it to spite someone out of jealousy say than nay.

Either form can have consequences though, so I'd say to anyone online you need to learn to ignore or block people, rather than take the bait and get upset and reply. Learn that and you'll be going easy

I get trolled plenty especially with my YouTube channel that's recently gotten 1k subs. I'm glad I learned to be cool about dealing with trolls over the years. How much cooler you ask?

20%

Well, I got banned 3 or 4 times from 4chan, does that tell ya anything! :3

What boards did you frequent? I thought 4chan WAS for trolls.

If you're doing it to screw around for a laugh then yay. If you're doing it to spite someone out of jealousy say than nay.

Either form can have consequences though, so I'd say to anyone online you need to learn to ignore or block people, rather than take the bait and get upset and reply. Learn that and you'll be going easy

I get trolled plenty especially with my YouTube channel that's recently gotten 1k subs. I'm glad I learned to be cool about dealing with trolls over the years. How much cooler you ask?

20%

What boards did you frequent? I thought 4chan WAS for trolls.

I got banned for posting scat everywhere! :)

I got banned for posting scat everywhere! :)

:o All 4 bans? That's uh..dedication.

i hate the word 'trolling'

i still think trolls are mythical creatures, not asshats on the internet.

Trolling is a fishing term regarding a method of baiting, so it's an apt metaphor.
  • Brohoof 1