Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Patchwork Cardiac

ghostfacekiller39

Eh. Wish I could draw stuff on the computer :(

Anyway, here's something else I spent an hour and a half on, then took a picture with my phone.

SSij3gx.jpg

It's actually a pretty personal piece, in case you couldn't tell, it's symbolic of how Rarity has been therapuetic for my heart condition. I put a lot of effort into this; this heart problem of mine is something I know I talk about a lot, but it's a big part of my life due to all of the barriers it puts up for me.

I could say a million words about this goddamn heart defect I have, but I won't, so I don't bore y'all with a wall of text ;) All you need to know is that Rarity, and getting to be the extreme fanboy of her I am, have really helped me cope with it better :D

In the picture, it's obvious that the heart itself is beat up, and there's a big patch in the middle of it with Rarity winking, "XOXO - R" ("R" meaning "Rarity"), etc., another patch with her cutie mark on it, all that good stuff :D

I put a lot of work into this, so if I could be given some constructive criticism where necessary, I'd be very grateful :D I want to get good at drawing fan art, and I need to be told where I can improve, yadda yadda yadda.

Hope you like it :D

• Brohoof 11

Joust one question, no offense intended: Why are you so obsessed with Rarity? I know she's the most developed Mane 6, but she's not an outstanding character in fiction.

Because I think she is an outstanding character in fiction, and everytime she does something even slightly notable I find myself grinning like an idiot, and don't even get me started on how much fun I have getting to fanboy over her...:D

Overall, it just makes me happy. Doesn't really matter what anyone else thinks, I have a lot of fun doing it and it just makes me happy in general.

• Brohoof 3

Huh...this is quite the interesting idea. A symbolic patchwork heart...not something you see too often, not like thats a bad thing. :P

Its actually quite nice, hehe. I am curious, did you use basic color pencils like Crayola or something or artistic colored pencils?

One last thing, when using colored pencils, pen, etc. to fill a drawing, try to do strokes with the same orientation, makes it look a bit smoother. Still, nicely done, my good sir. :)

• Brohoof 1

Huh...this is quite the interesting idea. A symbolic patchwork heart...not something you see too often, not like thats a bad thing. :P

Its actually quite nice, hehe. I am curious, did you use basic color pencils like Crayola or something or artistic colored pencils?

One last thing, when using colored pencils, pen, etc. to fill a drawing, try to do strokes with the same orientation, makes it look a bit smoother. Still, nicely done, my good sir. :)

I just use some crayola map colors I have laying around. Had to sharpen quite a few times, since I try a lot to expand my color palette although I have a limited selection :D

And yeahh, I'll keep that in mind :D Thanks, bud!